Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm interested in knowing what Double X's plan was and who was bank rolling him.

Picked this up for Superman. Unhappy with Selina finding out Clark's identity but this was a good read but not carrying on with this title after Clark guest spot..

One of the best issues of King's run if not the best. Now i want King on Superman. But that will probably happen sooner or later.

I really loved this a lot.

BANNED

I liked the issue, but I don't like the multiple conversations going on at once. Can the guy fighting Superman NOT hear Lois?

Spectacular Member

Something to look forward to next issue https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/938796170910076933

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    Something to look forward to next issue https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/938796170910076933
    Man. Or should I say, Mann
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Based upon the 2 images for issue 37, I think its safe to assume Clark picked out the date venue.

BANNED

That Lois pose has got to be taken from some magazine. It`s not as natural as the rest of the layout.

That said, King sure knows how to use artists to good effect with his storytelling style.

Enjoyed it a lot. Superman taking the elevator, lol. He could also take the stairs, but you know he doesn't really need the workout.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I think this was definitely one of King's strongest issues, and I really enjoyed how he contrasted both Batman and Superman, Lois and Selina, and the couples' relationship and the ideologies Batman and Supes represent. I also really liked the touch of how both they're investigations ended up connecting and leading to a classic team-up.

I love how Batman tries to claim Gordon and Alfred are his closest friends and Selina keeps shooting them down. Though Bruce is right, how could you not pay Alfred ?

I didn't really care for Selina figuring out Clark's identity. I get it, she's an incredible thief, but that seems like an Arrowverse level of handwaving how she figured it out.

Poor Robin. Catwoman has completely replaced him as Batman's partner. And now suddenly the Gothtopia fantasy is basically a reality.

Man, Selina really livens up the Batcave .
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    Y'know, I'm not one to swear but...damn .

I love how this captures the contrasting styles of both couples so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this was definitely one of King's strongest issues, and I really enjoyed how he contrasted both Batman and Superman, Lois and Selina, and the couples' relationship and the ideologies Batman and Supes represent. I also really liked the touch of how both they're investigations ended up connecting and leading to a classic team-up.

Poor Robin. Catwoman has completely replaced him as Batman's partner. And now suddenly the Gothtopia fantasy is basically a reality.
    I mean, we have seen Batman and Catwoman team up before come on now. There are way too many examples to list here. This is not new, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I mean, we have seen Batman and Catwoman team up before come on now. There are way too many examples to list here. This is not new, LOL!
    I know, still...poor Robin .

Well she can do certain things on Rooftops that Robin can't which I'm sure makes patrolling much more fun.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well she can do certain things on Rooftops that Robin can't which I'm sure makes patrolling much more fun.
    Superman flies over Gotham. "That looks like Batman and Catwoman down there. I should go say hi and see if they need help with anythi- Whoa! I didn't see anything! Moving on, moving on..."