X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Default Where in the World is Miracleman?

It's been absolutely forever since Marvel last released an issue of Miracleman, and I don't even think they'd reached the end of the Gaiman/Buckingham reprint issues.

Has there ever been an official reason why they stopped? Did Gaiman and Buckingham say, "Screw this" and take the project with them? It is just that delayed?

I reiterate: what the Hell happened?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    It's been absolutely forever since Marvel last released an issue of Miracleman, and I don't even think they'd reached the end of the Gaiman/Buckingham reprint issues.

Has there ever been an official reason why they stopped? Did Gaiman and Buckingham say, "Screw this" and take the project with them? It is just that delayed?

I reiterate: what the Hell happened?
    Marvel had released the reprint of Gaiman's "Golden Age" which was issues 17-22 of the Eclipse series. They actually promised they'd be reprinting Silver Age in May 2016 (I think) and continuing with new material. They printed up advertising and everything. Issues 23 and 24 were published by Eclipse which were the first two parts of "Silver Age".

Of course, Eclipse also said "Miracleman #25. Coming soon. We promise."

This is a Marvel complaint that it hard for any company apologist to dispel.

Another disappointing waiting... At least I have finally hopes for the last issues of Hickman's SHIELD...

(Btw I don't want a Doomsday Clock like story with Miracle Man breaking down in the Marvel Universe. Battling The Reed Above Almost All or Owen... I mean I enjoyed the first issue of DC but it tastes so weird...)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Marvel had released the reprint of Gaiman's "Golden Age" which was issues 17-22 of the Eclipse series. They actually promised they'd be reprinting Silver Age in May 2016 (I think) and continuing with new material. They printed up advertising and everything. Issues 23 and 24 were published by Eclipse which were the first two parts of "Silver Age".

Of course, Eclipse also said "Miracleman #25. Coming soon. We promise."

This is a Marvel complaint that it hard for any company apologist to dispel.
    Gaiman and Buckingham haven't completed the story. Marvel didn't want to publish the completed issues without finishing the Silver Age story. I'd love to see them, but Gaiman has other projects he is working on. It's hard to blame Marvel for Neil Gaiman deciding to devote his time to the American Gods show instead of completing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Gaiman and Buckingham haven't completed the story. Marvel didn't want to publish the completed issues without finishing the Silver Age story. I'd love to see them, but Gaiman has other projects he is working on. It's hard to blame Marvel for Neil Gaiman deciding to devote his time to the American Gods show instead of completing this.
    I'm sure there are reasons. But Marvel had said they were coming out with Silver Age (including the last four parts) and then cancelled orders for the issues solicited. That's the point that gets me the most. Well, that and waiting a quarter century for a cliff-hanger ending to be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Another disappointing waiting... At least I have finally hopes for the last issues of Hickman's SHIELD...

(Btw I don't want a Doomsday Clock like story with Miracle Man breaking down in the Marvel Universe. Battling The Reed Above Almost All or Owen... I mean I enjoyed the first issue of DC but it tastes so weird...)
    Doomsday Clock? Same here. Why didn’t they insert Dr Manhattan and get it over with. This dragging out 2 separate universes doesn’t progress the saga. It’s just a fan boy fantasy to write like Moore.

might as well publish some new one shots about the character. Why not? Get some solid artists.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Doomsday Clock? Same here. Why didn’t they insert Dr Manhattan and get it over with. This dragging out 2 separate universes doesn’t progress the saga. It’s just a fan boy fantasy to write like Moore.
    Not a fan then eh? Maybe you'll be interested in reading this: http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/20...day-clock.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm sure there are reasons. But Marvel had said they were coming out with Silver Age (including the last four parts) and then cancelled orders for the issues solicited. That's the point that gets me the most. Well, that and waiting a quarter century for a cliff-hanger ending to be resolved.
    Marvel should have waited until they had pages in hand before soliciting the Silver Age. But that doesn't affect the delay. The delay is because Gaiman/Buckingham haven't done their end. It's not like they could just be replaced, since a big appeal of the series is seeing how the team from the 90s finish up their epic story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Marvel should have waited until they had pages in hand before soliciting the Silver Age. But that doesn't affect the delay. The delay is because Gaiman/Buckingham haven't done their end. It's not like they could just be replaced, since a big appeal of the series is seeing how the team from the 90s finish up their epic story.
    They made a big fuss when they got the rights in the Quesada era back in 2009 and again a big fuss in 2013. Almost ten years. Looks like Gaiman and Buckingham have moved to other projects and Marvel Man (Miracleman; to be honest, the most relevant segment of his history) is something to be left behind. Also not always when a writer returns to a book after several years the outcome is satisfying.

Also I don't thing this is the best time for a deconstructed superhero. The superheroes has been deconstucted to the extreme, where they even had taken evil roles and people want a more classictake on them, a post deconstruction era.

But not despair. Maybe Gaiman indeed have something new to say. But any story he has in store, it will be different from what he concived in the early 90s.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    They made a big fuss when they got the rights in the Quesada era back in 2009 and again a big fuss in 2013. Almost ten years. Looks like Gaiman and Buckingham have moved to other projects and Marvel Man (Miracleman; to be honest, the most relevant segment of his history) is something to be left behind. Also not always when a writer returns to a book after several years the outcome is satisfying.

Also I don't thing this is the best time for a deconstructed superhero. The superheroes has been deconstucted to the extreme, where they even had taken evil roles and people want a more classictake on them, a post deconstruction era.

But not despair. Maybe Gaiman indeed have something new to say. But any story he has in store, it will be different from what he concived in the early 90s.
    That's an excellent point I hadn'r considered. A current story won't be what Gaiman had come up with 25 years ago. There are certainly superhero as god aspects to Gaiman's proposed run that went beyond a deconstructed superhero. Or at least, brought it in a new direction.

And the reports of the upcoming conclusion are the most distressing point of this (and SHIELD). I don't complain about 1963 or other series because despite leaving the story hanging never promised to come back.

What is Buck working on?

Such an amazing, under appreciated artist. Is he British?

so the original mini series is completely reprinted at this point?

Marvel is missing out by not having more merchandise based on the character. Only hardcore comics fans age 30+ know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so the original mini series is completely reprinted at this point?

Marvel is missing out by not having more merchandise based on the character. Only hardcore comics fans age 30+ know who he is.
    Marvel's reprinted all of the Moore stories and the first six Gaiman issues (The Golden Age). An annual with two stories that don't directly tie in to the main series was also published by marvel. Marvel has NOT reprinted the Apocrypha mini-series Eclipse published. They have reprinted a number of the original Mick Anglo stories but I doubt that's a complete collection.