Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nightwing 34 Preview/Discussion

This time I am the first? This would be a big surprise..

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-nightwing-34/

There’s gonna be a showdown, dun, dun, dun,...

Is this the last issue of the run? Kind of glad it's ending, I definitely enjoyed it but I'm ready for something new.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Is this the last issue of the run? Kind of glad it's ending, I definitely enjoyed it but I'm ready for something new.
    It's the last issue Tim Seeley is writing.
    Sam Humphries is the writer for issue #35.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Nice preview. Hope its a satisfying conclusion
    X-Men Forever

Looking forward to seeing the big ending. Really enjoy Raptor as a nemesis for Dick. Although I am looking forward to seeing what's coming next.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am too. Although im not a big Humphries fan ill judge after reading #35
    X-Men Forever

For a second I thought that it was amazing that this preview encapsulated everything that I disliked about this run in only five pages, but then I realized that it just the culmination of everything about this run and that I didn’t like any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I am too. Although im not a big Humphries fan ill judge after reading #35
    Yeah... I was pretty excited for a creative team change until I sampled Green Lanterns last night to get a taste of Humphries’s work
    Last edited by Pohzee; 12-03-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Raptor and Pigeon actually look kind of cute together. Too bad Raptor is still hung up on Mary.

Man, Mary was completely oblivious when it came to Raptor, wasn't she?

Man, Mary was completely oblivious when it came to Raptor, wasn't she?
    The Curse of the Grayson's.

Extraordinary Member

I'm gonna miss seely

Astonishing Member

To get the most out of anything in a narrative, be it character, plot or setting, the writer has to be really invested in making it tick. To me, Seeley wasn't feeling this and the world tour type storylines weren't frequent enough or had to tie into other things like the Metal event. The biggest weaknesses for the New 52 Nightwing run were constant crossovers and editorial mandates (like the title ending and becoming Grayson shortly into the Chicago arc).

There's a typographical error in my copy. On the page where Dick tells Raptor how Bludhaven is a city of redemption (across from the ad for the next Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps arc), the u in Bludhaven is a rectangular box instead of the U with 2 dots. Might be easy to miss, but if you've got a book that has words with unusual characters you'd want to look out for that.

Also, it is just me or are there a lot of new storylines starting across this and next week? It looks like it ties into the new cover design, losing the Rebirth and arc title header for something more like Marvel is doing.

Mighty Member

An end of an era.

And a start of a new one.

BANNED

Did Seeley really hint at what I think he did? And did he really take those two guys off the board completely? Cripes. Well it was gutsy that's for sure.

Mighty Member

Well I wasn't expecting that ending.