All-New Member

Default DC Silver & Bronze Age Trade Collections

I'm collecting the DC Silver Age trade collections like JLA, Flash, Green Lantern. I was wondering if it's known if these titles will be released through the Bronze Age years. Also, is it known if Silver Age trades will be released for Legion of Superheroes and Teen Titans? What is the best way to find out which additional silver and bronze age titles will have trade paperback volumes released?

I have been collecting them all too, including the Golden Ages trades. I did see a solicit for Batman B&B Bronze Age so I assume others will follow. Teen Titans SA trade comes out in December. I wish they would start releasing Silver Age Batman.

Incredible Member

It will be a long while before you see any Batman silver age trades. They haven't even announced any omnibus editions yet which will come first.

Here is a great list of ALL the Trades and it is often updated...
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ns-t29368.html

The solicit for "House of Mystery" is wrong, I have never seen the trade for sale so assume it has not been released.
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-02-2017 at 11:29 AM.

All-New Member

Is there an official name for this line of trades?

The official name for the line would be "Golden Age", "Silver Age", "Bronze Age"...just in those categories, no official BIG name like Marvel's Epic Collection.

Spectacular Member

There’s a Justice League Bronze Age omnibus out and I thought I saw a second volume solicited for later in 2018.
    Would love to see Superman and Batman Silver and Bronze omnibuses alongside the Golden Age ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    There’s a Justice League Bronze Age omnibus out and I thought I saw a second volume solicited for later in 2018.
    Would love to see Superman and Batman Silver and Bronze omnibuses alongside the Golden Age ones.
    There's a 2nd Bronze Age JL coming this year.

From the Marvel Masterwork's board, the comments are pretty consistent that there won't be any Silver and Bronze Age of of the big 3 until the Golden Age run is done.
    Because GA Omni collectors like me are a dying breed and they want to get the books out to sell before we die off! HA!!!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Incredible Member

Batman in The Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Vol. 1 TPB came out last week as well containing THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #74-109

My understanding is that the omnibus needs to come out FIRST, and then months later they split that up into 2-3 trades. So like others have said, only B&B, JL, Teen Titans and Batgirl have omnibuses in Bronze age so far, so getting the trades for Bronze Age will be awhile. And even though we have omnis out for Titans in the BA, same with JL, they have to work their way through the SA trades first, so we're still quite a ways away for those to get released.

Legion SA will have its first trade out in AUG, and SA Teen Titans TPB vol 1 just came out last week. And yeah, no Silver Age, let alone Bronze age for big three for a loooooong time, unless they go like Marvel Epics and start jumping around timelines. Only Batman & Superman SA we have right now is the "World's Finest" books. Due to multiple omnibuses out and solicited for future, GL, Flash, Titans and JL have plenty of opportunities for TPB releases. Hopefully they can "speed up" those releases a little more.

I would guess the next round of solicits we will see a Adam Strange vol 1 TPB appear, which I'm excited for, along with the Legion and Doom Patrol lines.
    Last edited by Rimmer; 01-02-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Green Lantern Silver Age Volume 2 which is out in March, takes up to and including #75... When the Bronze Age Volume 1 comes out, presumably March 2019, I wonder if they’ll run the full Green Lantern/Green Arrow run from #76 - #122, It’ll mean yet another reprinting of the Adams and O’Neil run if they do.