I love LOTR as I am sure most people do. Yes, I even enjoyed the movies*, despite that being an unpopular opinion around here :P But I would never claim to be a diehard fan. I've never dug around in the rich lore of the universe as much as I probably should. Nevertheless I find myself pondering certain scenarios, and I was hoping my fellow Rumblers could think tank a few things for me.

What would have happened if Galadriel had in fact taken the Ring when offered? Obviously she hints that it may be bad, but in detail. Likewise for Gandalf near the beginning.

What if Smaug had found the One Ring and was aware of what it was?

Separate scenario, what if Smaug hadnt died near Lake Town, but was merely hurt. Years later he resurfaces in the same area, healed and aware of Saurons gathering strength. How does this change the landscape of LOTR? What would he do?

Were the stupid stone giants in the hobbit movie canon? Cuz I REALLY don't remember that in the books lol.

Had Gandalf and the Witch King fought, how would it end up? Would it be close?

Do we know whatever happens to Radagast?

In the books, the undead army Aragorn summons can't actually hurt or kill people right? Just scare them?

Probably ill think up some more soon. :P
*I did prefer the books obviously. I grew up reading them