Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Superman in the DCEU has 2 really good strength feats. Pulling an Ice Breaker ocean liner (real world versions of this ship weigh about 2,400 tons) and lifting an entire apartment building in JL. The apartment building is hard to get a good measurement for because its hard to know exactly what construction materials were used and such.

A 10 story building is around 30,000 tons using modern materials, which seems a bit high to me, so I reduced it to 1/3 just for the sake of not overselling the feat to about 10,000 tons. He lifted it easily and without visible strain so I doubt its his upper limit.

Thats well above Thor or Hulk in displayed strength. Most of their strength feats come from comparing their performances in fights as opposed to manipulating objects and environment.
    I would think the DCEU Superman would be at least as strong as the TV Supergirl. In the season 3 premiere Supergirl lifted a submarine out of the water and high into the air. An Ohio class submarine weighs 18,000 tons,
    which that submarine looked like. And assuming TV Supergirl wasn't depowered by moving to the CW, at the end of season 1 CBS TV Supergirl lifted the 1 million ton Fort Rozz space station from the ground into outer space.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I would think the DCEU Superman would be at least as strong as the TV Supergirl. In the season 3 premiere Supergirl lifted a submarine out of the water and high into the air. An Ohio class submarine weighs 18,000 tons,
    which that submarine looked like. And assuming TV Supergirl wasn't depowered by moving to the CW, at the end of season 1 CBS TV Supergirl lifted the 1 million ton Fort Rozz space station from the ground into outer space.
    Supergirl's feats aren't Superman's.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Supergirl's feats aren't Superman's.
    Well, to be fair, they might be if we were discussing the same continuities. CW Superman is probably as strong or stronger than Supergirl unless stated or shown otherwise. But Cavill Superman doesn't get that pass, any more than he gets the feats of comic book kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well, to be fair, they might be if we were discussing the same continuities. CW Superman is probably as strong or stronger than Supergirl unless stated or shown otherwise. But Cavill Superman doesn't get that pass, any more than he gets the feats of comic book kryptonians.
    Well that's what I mean. They're from two different continuities.

LOL Superman would win. Without a ton of effort. So would Wonder Woman. Marvel nerfs their powerhouses to let the little guy shine (though they're starting to backtrack) whereas DC treats its characters like gods come to life.

Movie Superman has every conceivable advantage. Speed, strength and multiple range-based powers. Thor has very good durability and is strong, with the ability to summon lightning. Besides we haven't seen anything on screen from either Hulk or Thor to suggest they're as strong physically as Superman. For whatever reason, Marvel try not to use CGI with their characters as much as possible, so we've never seen Thor lift anything massive (like Superman has done). He has very good striking power, to be sure.

I would put Superman and Wonder Woman above any Marvel powerhouse so far. Perhaps a better comparison for Thor would be Aquaman.

Before JL, Supes vs Thor was interesting since Thor could tag Superman. Now tho, Thor is a statue and Supes runs circles around him.

So apparently, speed kills IRL and in fiction also.