Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Star Wars: Rogue One Adaptation....by IDW!?

According to this there is apparently another adaptation of Rogue one being put out...which is just weird as the Marvel version just finished up in September and the trade collection is due out the same day as the IDW version.

Yeah, IDW is doing graphic novel adaptations of the movies (they already did TFA) and a new anthology series, Star Wars Adventures. The main differences I can see is that the IDW stuff is geared more to children than the Marvel stuff is. Also, the Marvel movie adaptations ostensibly add new material to the story, while the IDW ones just follow the film beat for beat. Despite being pretty indiscriminate in collecting canon Star Wars comics, I'm ignoring the IDW adaptations, since there's nothing new to them. (The Star Wars Adventures stuff does add new canon content and has been pretty good, so far.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, IDW is doing graphic novel adaptations of the movies (they already did TFA) and a new anthology series, Star Wars Adventures. The main differences I can see is that the IDW stuff is geared more to children than the Marvel stuff is. Also, the Marvel movie adaptations ostensibly add new material to the story, while the IDW ones just follow the film beat for beat. Despite being pretty indiscriminate in collecting canon Star Wars comics, I'm ignoring the IDW adaptations, since there's nothing new to them. (The Star Wars Adventures stuff does add new canon content and has been pretty good, so far.)
    I didn't read the Force Awakens adaptation...but what did they add to the Rogue One adaptation at Marvel? It seemed pretty straight forward to me. And yeah, I've been enjoying Star Wars Adventures as well.