Boisterously Confused

Default Odd Superhero Out

In your opinion, what comicbook superhero (or superhero group) just doesn't belong in their company's shared universe?

I'd call DC's Batman. He's at his best when he's closest to his classical roots as a noir-ish character with tech just a little better than contemporary state of the art. Trying to make him fit in a world with a Justice League requires either converting him into Iron Man, or requires making him intelligent/competent to the point of siphoning all the challenge out of his existence.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 12-04-2017 at 12:36 PM.

The Eternals shouldn't be part of the MU.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Eternals shouldn't be part of the MU.
    Yeah, I think they were intended for the "real" world, but Marvel wanted x-overs with the MU.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The Watchmen characters have no business being in the DCU. WB’s attempt to try and morph them into some kind of franchise is stupid and a waste of time. Watchmen was an interesting one off story that’s it.

The X-Men in the Marvel universe.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The Watchmen characters have no business being in the DCU. WB’s attempt to try and morph them into some kind of franchise is stupid and a waste of time. Watchmen was an interesting one off story that’s it.
    (IMO) Alongside "Batman, Inc.", a near-worst-case example of editors being unable to tell the difference between a great Elseworlds idea and a bad on-going idea.

X-Men and Eternals are both good Marvel answers.

I think Batman is okay in DC, but not at the level he's become. He should operate far below the level of the Justice League.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    X-Men should have their own separate universe in the comic books.
    In general, I agree. Yet there's room for someone like Spider-Man there.

DC Universe is too rotten too corrupt for Captain Marvel/Shazam who should remain in his own universe.
    A perfect example.

If the X-Men weren't around to keep Marvel afloat during the 90s, there probably wouldn't even be a Marvel Universe today. Spider-Man certainly couldn't carry the load alone.

Mighty Member

“If you’re a good guy and got your powers in a freak accident or exposure to a strange mist, you’re adored as a hero, sooner or later. But if you’re born with said powers, DIE! DIE! DIE! MUTIE FILTH!”

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

DC Universe is too rotten too corrupt for Captain Marvel/Shazam who should remain in his own universe.
    Captain Marvel works perfectly fine if the DCU is written the way it's suppose to be. I've always pictured the to comicbook universes as completely different variations on the superhero. Marvel is a universe written around grey. Heroes fight each other almost as often as they fight villains. Villains become heroes etc. DC on the other hand I feel is a universe of contrasts.
    The number of true anti heroes is way smaller in the DCU then in the MCU. You either have the Bright sentinel types like Superman or really dark characters (your whole Vertigo and JL Dark side of the universe. Shazam works for me in the DCU because I see him as the true north of the heroes. He is 100% luminous on the contrast line, even more then Superman, who I feel has just a little bit more grey in him. In short, Shazam is Superman as seen through the eyes of an idealistic kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    “If you’re a good guy and got your powers in a freak accident or exposure to a strange mist, you’re adored as a hero, sooner or later. But if you’re born with said powers, DIE! DIE! DIE! MUTIE FILTH!”
    I can see that though. People don'y fear the fantastic Four because they aren't in danger of being replaced by the Fantastic Four. The opposite is true of mutants. The
    Last edited by mathew101281; 12-06-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Spectacular Member

Zealot, Midnighter, Jenny Sparks, Mibnighter, Cole Cash, Caitlin Fairchild etc don't belong in DC, most of these guys they feel like 90s or image or mangaverse or something else I also feel Fawcett city doesn't belong in DC, never did

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281
    Watchmen was an interesting one off story that’s it.
    Moore originally planned on using characters such as Blue Beetle, Batman, Peacemaker, the Question, Captain Atom. Alan Moore and DC/WB seem to have long parted ways. When they said they were doing Before Watchmen again Moore was unhappy says he doesn’t want money but wanted is for it not to happen.
    Last edited by WhichDrWhowins; 12-07-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    Zealot, Midnighter, Jenny Sparks, Mibnighter, Cole Cash, Caitlin Fairchild etc don't belong in DC, most of these guys they feel like 90s or image or mangaverse or something else I also feel Fawcett city doesn't belong in DC, never did

Moore originally planned on using characters such as Blue Beetle, Batman, Peacemaker, the Question, Captain Atom. Alan Moore and DC/WB seem to have long parted ways. When they said they were doing Before Watchmen again Moore was unhappy says he doesn’t want money but wanted is for it not to happen.
    Don't think it was Batman, but Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt that Moore had in mind. He was one of that crowd of characters that got scooped by DC.