Default What's going on with the collected volumes of Cassandra Cain as Batgirl?

Back in January 2016, DC issued the BATGIRL VOL. 1: SILENT KNIGHT collection featuring issues #1-12 + Annual #1 for Cassandra Cain's run as Batgirl.

Next, in July 2016, they collected issues #13-25 as BATGIRL VOL. 2: TO THE DEATH.

And then in January 2017 DC issued VOL. 3: POINT BLANK, which covered issues #26-37 and a story from Batgirl Secret Files & Origins #1.

But, where's VOL. 4?
    Even if they didn't have one in July, you'd think maybe they'd have one published for January 2018? (Or am I not seeing it already being announced?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

But, where's VOL. 4?
    Even if they didn't have one in July, you'd think maybe they'd have one published for January 2018? (Or am I not seeing it already being announced?)
    We recently got the list of solicited trades for Summer of 2018 https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4233766&page=1 and still no sign. I'd hoped they were just taking a break while they released Steph's Batgirl trades, the first of which came out this past Summer and the latter of which is coming out this upcoming Spring, but still nothing. Gonna be really annoyed if they don't collect the rest.

Also, didn't realize you were a fan Major

BANNED

Well, #37 is the final issue of the Puckett/Scott run, and I frankly never expected there would be any trades after that.

Although it would be nice if they skipped ahead to #58 and continued with the Gabrych run.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

The trades are being strange - we still don't have volume 3 of Rucka's run on Wonder Woman solicited, either.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    didn't realize you were a fan Major
    Well, even though Barbara as Batgirl will always work for me, what I've read of Cass' run was also interesting. I'd be more than happy for Cassandra to also get a solo-title as long as they gave her a better name than "Orphan" and didn't use her to replace Barbara as Batgirl (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, #37 is the final issue of the Puckett/Scott run, and I frankly never expected there would be any trades after that.
    That might be the reason right there.

BANNED

I'd be more than happy for Cassandra to also get a solo-title as long as they gave her a better name than "Orphan"
    Soon, hopefully. Soon...

and didn't use her to replace Barbara as Batgirl (again).
    That never happened. Babs had been Oracle for a decade before Cass showed up.

That might be the reason right there.
    It's entirely possible.

Extraordinary Member

Actually she replaced Helena.

But back to the topic, it seems that her batgirl Book isn't the only title were they stopped the traits. The 4th Volume for Birds of Prey was also never announced, the only series from that era where it that trades seem keep coming out are Dicks Nightwing and Tim's Robin series.

and didn't use her to replace Barbara as Batgirl (again).
    Barbara may have moved on to the Oracle identity before Cassandra Cain was introduced, but since Cassandra was the next character to take the "Batgirl" name for more than just one story (Helena B.), Cass is seen / thought of by many as Babs' replacement as "Batgirl".
    (I'm not saying if that was good or bad, but I definitely don't want to have DC place Babs back in the Oracle position so that the Batgirl identity can be resumed by Cass or even Steph again.
    And don't say there's nobody on these boards that have ever wanted / demanded that DC do such a thing.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Barbara may have moved on to the Oracle identity before Cassandra Cain was introduced, but since Cassandra was the next character to take the "Batgirl" name for more than just one story (Helena B.), Cass is seen / thought of by many as Babs' replacement as "Batgirl".
    (I'm not saying if that was good or bad, but I definitely don't want to have DC place Babs back in the Oracle position so that the Batgirl identity can be resumed by Cass or even Steph again.
    And don't say there's nobody on these boards that have ever wanted / demanded that DC do such a thing.)
    Ahaha. I regularly voice such wishes.

But I think the idea that Cass replaced Babs is not a very helpful one. She was the next Batgirl (I know all the arguments about Helena, but I really don't count her - even though I actually like Helena more than Cass as a character, she is not a Bat) after Babs, but she replaced a vacuum, not Babs.

What do you communicate with "Cass is Babs's replacement"? That Cass is lesser. It's a denigration.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I am perfectly fine with Babs upgrading back to Oracle and nobody being Batgirl.

Wheelchair strictly optional.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Actually she replaced Helena.

But back to the topic, it seems that her batgirl Book isn't the only title were they stopped the traits. The 4th Volume for Birds of Prey was also never announced, the only series from that era where it that trades seem keep coming out are Dicks Nightwing and Tim's Robin series.
    Its probably a long shot but I'm hoping that DC will restart the Cassandra Cain & Birds of Prey trades once they finish releasing all the Nightwing & Robin ones