Default Star Sapphires and Wonder Woman

How do you guys think about Wonder Woman using the ring again?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.

While the Star Sapphires do represent Love, and along with the other Corps, they helped stop Blackest Night, their ring is love without compassion.

Like, imprison someone in a crystal to make them love them, kind of lack of compassion. Being a temporary wielder of the Star Sapphire is one thing, especially in such a scenario, but overall? Not good.

Didn’t they become heroic after that arc? That carol how the rings not let the rings drive the holders crazy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Didn’t they become heroic after that arc? That carol how the rings not let the rings drive the holders crazy?
    In Green Lantern Corps it was revealed that the Star Sapphire ring can condition the wearer to love someone above all other emotions they may feel for them. Fatality did feel love for John Stewart, but when she had her ring taken by the Durlans her hatred of him for destroying her home planet Xanshi (this was in an arc published several decades ago) returned. Unfortunately John had fallen for her, and didn't take the break up well (this is the premise of the Futures End tie-in, where John loses compassion and ends up recruited into the Indigo Tribe). We know Red, Orange and Indigo rings can condition their wearers. Avarice (Orange) and Compassion (Indigo) are on opposite ends of the Spectrum, as are Rage (Red) and Love (Star Sapphires).

I wish they'd done more with the Star Sapphires, like the other Corps. Past Carol and Fatality, comparatively they haven't dug into their Corps and culture too much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I wish they'd done more with the Star Sapphires, like the other Corps. Past Carol and Fatality, comparatively they haven't dug into their Corps and culture too much.
    They've barely appeared in years. Last time they appeared outside of flashbacks or flash forwards as a Corps was in Godhead. There's so much possibility. What if they can tap not just into romantic love, but familial love, brotherhood love and maternal/paternal love? Give Kryb a Star Sapphire ring, she'd be a force to be reckoned with. Brotherhood or sisterhood would be a more dependable source of love than romance. An Amazon contingent of the Star Sapphires.

One aspect of the Star Sapphires that's been unexplored in the Geoff Johns era is the Zamarons and how they contrast with the Guardians of the Universe. Do they make monumentally bad decisions like their counterparts do, or do they spend all their time matchmaking for their Corps?

How do you guys honk about Wonder Woman using the ring again?
    Don't care for it.

How do you guys honk about Wonder Woman using the ring again?
    I'm only here for when Steve puts a ring on it.

I'm only here for when Steve puts a ring on it.
    That’s what I’m waiting for! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    They've barely appeared in years. Last time they appeared outside of flashbacks or flash forwards as a Corps was in Godhead. There's so much possibility. What if they can tap not just into romantic love, but familial love, brotherhood love and maternal/paternal love? Give Kryb a Star Sapphire ring, she'd be a force to be reckoned with. Brotherhood or sisterhood would be a more dependable source of love than romance. An Amazon contingent of the Star Sapphires.

One aspect of the Star Sapphires that's been unexplored in the Geoff Johns era is the Zamarons and how they contrast with the Guardians of the Universe. Do they make monumentally bad decisions like their counterparts do, or do they spend all their time matchmaking for their Corps?
    This is exactly what I mean, so many QUESTIONS and so much untapped potential.

I mean are writer ignoring them because they don't want to write about the *squishy* power of love? Of is it the magenta costumes?

I'm being facetious, but they should not have been ignored in favor of a spotlight on the Red Lanterns and Larfleeze, etc. like 88% of the time.

Post-Doomsday Clock and an Earth rebirth, I'm for Star Sapphire joining the/a Justice League. Maybe then we could get a story that focuses on the Zamarons through her. It'd also be good for Diana to have a lady teammate friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    That’s what I’m waiting for! Lol
    I feel you MarquisAsh!

That would be cool. Steve would be one of the few males in Star Sapphires. How should he get the ring? I guess since he would probably be with Diana

Astonishing Member

This is exactly what I mean, so many QUESTIONS and so much untapped potential.

I mean are writer ignoring them because they don't want to write about the *squishy* power of love? Of is it the magenta costumes?

I'm being facetious, but they should not have been ignored in favor of a spotlight on the Red Lanterns and Larfleeze, etc. like 88% of the time.

Post-Doomsday Clock and an Earth rebirth, I'm for Star Sapphire joining the/a Justice League. Maybe then we could get a story that focuses on the Zamarons through her. It'd also be good for Diana to have a lady teammate friend.
    That Larfleeze title was misjudged and mistimed, coming in after Geoff Johns left. Maybe an anthology title exploring the other Corps could have filled in gaps and fleshed them out.