Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'd just like to see Cale differentiate herself from Luthor in some obvious way - maybe, a visual way; not sure. I'm not sure how a writer could go about it, but wish one would try.
    Well, Cale does have hair as a visible contrast to Luthor. Haha... I'm just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Luthor doesn't really have any interest in magic. Maybe Cale could have some sort of magic amulet or something?
    I like this idea combined Mutant God's idea of Cale doubling down on tech. I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive depending how you develop Cale's character.

In the Bronze Age, IIRC, the updated Doctor Cyber kind of turned into a Bondian Doctor Doom who was kind of a technomystic. (Correct me if I'm wrong with that assessment of her character.)

Cale could remain wholly human and reliant on tech, but after the ways to harness and integrate magic and myth with tech. That kind of carves out a unique place for her in the Wonder realm and DCU, while touting her "I'm only a simple everywoman, who pulled herself up by her own bootstraps through brains, ingenuity, and hard work" vibe that's central to her. In a way, she's trying to control the uncontrollable in a meta-theme sense.

Before Rucka gave us the new Doctor Cyber, I was working on updating the character into that Bondian techomystic again. One of her compelling motivations was to breach the magical and technology divide, as well as steal the technological advancements of the Amazons. (In my version of the Amazons, they're about 300-500 years ahead of Patriarch's World in technology.)

Why can’t Cyber still be a techomystic. I mean wouldn’t it be cool for her to create a body in that method? Luthor has a suit to fight with Superman and Cyber should be more on that side that maybe Cale uses Cyber’s intelligence and her collection of mythical items to create powerful ideas. I wonder does Cyber and Cale even work together?