Default Predator vs Indominus Rex

Fight takes place in the jungle with no line of sight

Mighty Member

Indominus Rex eats a plasma bolt in the face.

BANNED

Curbstomp for even a low-ranking Yautja. BUT, a very good challenge for an un-blooded youth before it has to go through the Xenomorph ritual.

The i-Rex is worthy prey, but here's the thing we're forgetting about the Yautja: they build and set traps. Pretty deadly ones, going by the first movie. A few of those in a row and even an i-Rex would be weakened, in pain, and bleeding.

Leaving it open to either a plasma caster or a combistick in the head.

A Yautja on the level of The Wolf may even ignore the i-Rex as part of the landscape.

And remember Predator 2: IIRC there was a T-Rex skull in the ship near the Xenomorph one. So its not like they don't know how to hunt dinosaurs.

Remind me what trap they built in the first movie? I thought it was just Arnold making traps.

Anyways, I-Rex is actually intelligent enough to take advantage of the "common knowledge" rule of Rumbles. He adjusts his body temp and becomes effectively invisible.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Remind me what trap they built in the first movie? I thought it was just Arnold making traps.

Anyways, I-Rex is actually intelligent enough to take advantage of the "common knowledge" rule of Rumbles. He adjusts his body temp and becomes effectively invisible.
    "She," I believe. Also, I'm not even really sold on how intelligent the Indominus actually was, vs. how dumb/uninformed the park security was. I mean, even getting rid of the tracker was probably done by accident or because it irritated her rather than it knowing what the thing did since there was no way for it to know that the humans ever even needed to have a way to find the giant lizard that they had previously kept close tabs on.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Indominus Rex eats a plasma bolt in the face.
    The I Rex did take minigun fire and a rocket so it might take a bit more then that to put her down

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Predator didn't make any traps in the first film or the second. That was Predators, where the other "less sporting" clan set a few traps for the people and used "dogs" in their hunting.

Mighty Member

The predators also used traps in both AvP movies (the shifting temple and the Wolf predator's laser traps).