Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default If (or perhaps when) disney get back the x-men and ff rights...

How do they insert them into the MCU?

I can see them immediately launching the FF but shoehorning in the entire X-men will be extremely difficult given the nature of the characters and their sheer number.

How do you guys envisage them coming back?

I'm one of the few who doesn't want the X-Men in the MCU. The main X-Men films have all been bad, sure. But Fox is also becoming far, far more innovative than Marvel Studios. Marvel would never make Deadpool, Logan or New Mutants. R-rated films? Nope, Marvel wants that general audience money. Films that fully embrace other genres and try to fit superheroes into those genres, rather than try to fit the genres around superheroes? Nope, Marvel plays it much safer in terms of keeping at least a certain degree of formula.

Also, let's be honest, do we really need another 10 movies where Logan is one of the main characters? He'd get top billing in a new X-Men trilogy, he'd get a new solo trilogy, he'd probably get top billing in three more Avengers movies, and he'd be a major supporting character in another couple of solos for other characters. Marvel would push Logan even harder than they've pushed Stark, and with even less shame. Screw that.

Sure, they'd probably give real respect to characters like Scott and Ororo. But you know what? I find it hard to care about that, when it would mean losing out on something like X-Force.

Marvel Studios getting the X-Men rights back would mean a bunch of enjoyable but safe X-Men movies, and an end to every single shred of innovation Fox has been doing.

I could see Fox having New Mutants 2 be a rock opera based on "Steal This Planet!" I cannot imagine Marvel doing that. (Also: Please, Fox, in the name of all that is good and pure in this world, do a New Mutants rock opera based on "Steal This Planet!" The world deserves that.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm one of the few who doesn't want the X-Men in the MCU. The main X-Men films have all been bad, sure. But Fox is also becoming far, far more innovative than Marvel Studios.
    Next marvel phase will be probably more innovative.
    Marvel would never make Deadpool, Logan or New Mutants. R-rated films? Nope...
    they can create tv series r rated about them
    they are creating r rated deadpool animation right now...
    Also, let's be honest, do we really need another 10 movies where Logan is one of the main characters?
    It should be: Do we really want first movie wiht x-men as main characters? yes
    I find it hard to care about that, when it would mean losing out on something like X-Force.
    Marvel started doing innovative things with Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Only then Fox created Deadpool(after stopping this movie for many years).
    You will have X force with Marvel

They will just reboot them both and ignore all previous movies

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

I hope X Men will be their own universe no matter what.

I'm one of the few who doesn't want the X-Men in the MCU. The main X-Men films have all been bad, sure. But Fox is also becoming far, far more innovative than Marvel Studios. Marvel would never make Deadpool, Logan or New Mutants. R-rated films? Nope, Marvel wants that general audience money. Films that fully embrace other genres and try to fit superheroes into those genres, rather than try to fit the genres around superheroes? Nope, Marvel plays it much safer in terms of keeping at least a certain degree of formula.

Also, let's be honest, do we really need another 10 movies where Logan is one of the main characters? He'd get top billing in a new X-Men trilogy, he'd get a new solo trilogy, he'd probably get top billing in three more Avengers movies, and he'd be a major supporting character in another couple of solos for other characters. Marvel would push Logan even harder than they've pushed Stark, and with even less shame. Screw that.

Sure, they'd probably give real respect to characters like Scott and Ororo. But you know what? I find it hard to care about that, when it would mean losing out on something like X-Force.

Marvel Studios getting the X-Men rights back would mean a bunch of enjoyable but safe X-Men movies, and an end to every single shred of innovation Fox has been doing.

I could see Fox having New Mutants 2 be a rock opera based on "Steal This Planet!" I cannot imagine Marvel doing that. (Also: Please, Fox, in the name of all that is good and pure in this world, do a New Mutants rock opera based on "Steal This Planet!" The world deserves that.)
    Agree on all points.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Next marvel phase will be probably more innovative.
    They can be more innovative on Thunderbolts or Nova or Ultimates or Sleepwalker.

they can create tv series r rated about them
    they are creating r rated deadpool animation right now...
    Fox is already doing r rated Deadppol.
    I'd rather have Fox keep doing that in their corner, and Marvel doing some other R-rated stuff on their corner (like All New Ghost Rider or White Tiger or American Eagle) on their corner. That makes more choices than just Marvel focusing on r-rated Deadpool and r-rated Logan and r-rated Deadpool&Logan

It should be: Do we really want first movie wiht x-men as main characters? yes
    Only if the main characters are those kids who have been scamed into believing they would be the next X-Men.

You will have X force with Marvel
    When? After another decade of Wolverine and Not New, Not Different X-Men movies?
    I believe a Fox X-Force movie will come sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They will just reboot them both and ignore all previous movies
    Yeah, I would imagine FF would be fast tracked to one of the still TBA 2020 slots, and the X-Men films already in production (Deadpool 2, New Mutants, and X-Men Dark Phoenix), would be released but then X-Men would indeed be rebooted. Would be interesting to see if Disney would end up releasing more each year (they'd be able to use the slots Fox had, as well as their studio facilities), or if the X-Men would be forced into hiatus for a couple of years before being inserted into the MCU. I'd imagine an MCU X-Men team would consist of a mix of O5 and ANAD mutants - maybe Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Storm, Wolverine, and Rogue? The rest of the big names would show up in a sequel, it would make sense to bring in Colossus and Magik together.

For a long time I didn't want the rights to go back. And if they still don't, I won't be upset. I enjoy the Fox X-Men films. But with the rumors, I've been warming up to accepting the fact that they very well could go back. And if they do, that's okay too.

My one stipulation: Deadpool (and Gambit) goes with Punisher and Daredevil on whatever streaming service and Team Deadpool stays intact. Because I already know the type of Bugs Bunny Waypool shenanigans Disney would try to pull in a Deadpool film and I won't support that.

The Fantastic Four would finally be saved from Fox! This would mean finally a push, for not only the comics but all media outside of that. The FF property really needs this deal to happen for it to survive and thrive.

Incorporating them would be easy. Just have a wave of energy when Thanos completes the gauntlet, hit the ship they are on and we see it crash back to Earth. One of the ending credits would be Ben's transformed hand bursting out of the crashed shuttle.

The FF are perfect for Marvel and Disney as Disney loves family stuff. There is no downside for an FF fan.

The X-Men situation is more complicated.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They can be more innovative on Thunderbolts or Nova or Ultimates or Sleepwalker.
    They can

Fox is already doing r rated Deadppol.
    I'd rather have Fox keep doing that in their corner, and Marvel doing some other R-rated stuff on their corner (like All New Ghost Rider or White Tiger or American Eagle) on their corner. That makes more choices than just Marvel focusing on r-rated Deadpool and r-rated Logan and r-rated Deadpool&Logan
    fox is doing this only because marvel said :"ok" and this is not 20th century fox

When? After another decade of Wolverine and Not New, Not Different X-Men movies?
    We never had this

I believe a Fox X-Force movie will come sooner.
    and it would be probably about magneto

MArvel has consciously tried to widen the genres of their movies, true, they have kept their adult content to TV properties for now BUT:

I remember back when disney purchased Lucasfilm. Pleople were going nuts and screaming heir lungs out whining about what Disney was going to do to the franchise, the "watering down" that was coming, The "jarjars" that Disney would impose so they could sell merchandise, that Leia was going to be a Disney Princess and so on and so forth...and then Disney not only gave the franchise the respect and TLC that was long ovverdue, but also made "Rogue One", which is , in my opinion, a brilliant film indeed, while being far darker and serious than the rest of the Star Wars Universe.

Thing is. I wouldn't put past Disney to create a different movie label where they could release R Rated content while also being able to crossover characters to ensemble films. They have by far much better business intelligence than the other studios, and in the end all characters will get their chance to shine doing what they do best. Yes, Deadpool included.

Problem with your theory is, they wouldn't rush wolverine led content simply because they don't need to. They could place him in a post credits scene and people would begoing crazy already. With all the characters they could juggle with they would be able to use each one sparingly and for maximum effect. Surely I see a new Wolverine trilogy down the road but done right and not rushed. Kind of the Spiderman formula they are using which we can agree is workking far better than the two previous ones.

I really hope they do, because what they have done to date with those two characters (and with 98% of the X-Men IPs to be honest) is simply and utterly disgusting. And I'm willing to bet that the X-Force that disney could maake would be much much better that the one Fox would.

Innovation. I wouldn't call Deadpool innovative. At least if you are going to try to do something new and R-Rated there are more intelligent ways of doing it without turning the whole movie into a profanity and expletive festival. Not that I care at all about that but...It is quite a cheap and disgusting way to distance them from other superhero movies. The deadpool we all know and love from the comics is fun and witty without the need for such an amount of explicit sex jokes and gross childish puns.

Logan was quite OK but I don't get why people are losing their mind about the possibility of losing the current incarnation of Deadpool. Really, it scapes me. I'd rather have it go PG13 (AND I think it won't) rather than another 90 minutes of cheap Animal House kind of "humour".

Now my theory about how to integrate them:

I think that by the end of Avengers 4 a catastrophic event (Galactus) will cause the whole universe to be rebuilt (Adam Warlock with the infinity gauntlet) causing it to be the same yet different, paaing the way for recasting roles, mutants inclusion, inhumans ditching, etc...

Winter Soldier was not a safe Disney movie. I suspect Black Panther won't be either.

Also, Marvel/Disney is giving directors a lot more creative control. The director of Thor: Ragnarok said he was surprised by how much control he was given. That's how we get more interesting and different films, I'm excited for how Black Panther turns out.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Seems like some people's definition of innovative is that a movie need to be either serious or R-rated or something like that. So let me say something that's going to get me crucified:

Logan is not innovative, new or creative, nor does it push the genre. It's as much formulaic and by the numbers movie as you can possibly get. "An aged former ex-hero/legend reluctantly takes on a last mission that gets him" You've never seen that movie before? It doesn't tell it's story in any different manner that'd make it something even remotely different from other movies with same plot.

Is Logan a good movie? Sure. Great even. But it's not innovative. I find it funny that the director said he was tired of seeing formulaic superhero movies(that aren't actually formulaic by the way) and then made an incredibly formulaic and by the numbers western. Why is swapping one very diverse genre with a straight forward western genre considered better?

You know which superhero movie was actually innovative? [This is going to get me crucified twice] Ant-Man. Yeah, that one. It's a heist+superhero movie. It didn't swap one genre for the other, but mixed them. And Ant-Man's shrinking powers help make the distinction between other heist movies and this one, which Wolverine's powers really don't.

depending on when the deal goes down, Avengers Part 4 could definitely just shoehorn Infinity Gems madness into somehow creating Mutants on earth.