Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

But they never really do. Or your idea of a re-hash is not what others may think.

Who would be interested in the Avengers vs.... Captain Noway and his League of Nowheres?

So, to some degree all the movies are 'adapted' from comic stories.

In the worst case, Galactus is a giant cloud.

In better cases, we get CA: Civil War, which jumps from the comic's memes but goes a bit beyond, in my opinion.

So maybe we'd all like it better or more if we just make totally new characters and situations.

Super hero movies should never be about popular characters that are known, but in another media.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ice Man is gay and there is no reason why Jean or Scott or Warren can't be black or Asian.
    they have enough characters that aren't white to where they wouldn't need to do that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they have enough characters that aren't white to where they wouldn't need to do that.
    Somebody wanted the O5.

Spectacular Member

Announced today that the merger is pretty much a done deal and should be finalized next week.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...four-join.html

Incredible Member

k keen

Assuming the main avengers get offed in infinity gauntlet, I know what I want to see.

1. spidey,
    2. x-men
    3. thunderbolts.

trying to varying degrees to fill in the gap, not unlike after onslaught.

hulk fits very well in this dark time too and unlike the other 3 main avengers, his actor still has a contract for a few more movies.

plus if the thunderbolts are on the side of the accords, now you have faces that can create a mini civil war.

because ross ordering citizen v team against a rag tag team of x-men (say cyclops, wolverine, jean grey and rogue), spidey and hulk could be some awesome potential.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 12-09-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    When people say this, usually they're talking about dropping a fully-formed X-Verse, or even Fox's X-Verse, into the MCU. Wich wouldn't work.

I would be happy to see the Fox X-Verse vanish, it's been very hit or miss in quality. The FF movies have been a downright disgrace.

The MCU should reboot the whole X-Men mythos with a team consisting of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman and Jean Grey, the original five. The mutants introduced in later movies wouldn't require origin movies like the individual Avengers did.

I think of two things:

One) Nothing cosmic, on the scale of Infinity Gauntlet, for a number of movies. Let the connective tissue be more about cross-overs of sorts we saw in the Silver Age. So a reboot of Avengers would include Loki's machinations in # 1, but for sure must include a cameo of some sort of the Four

Two) How about something different that post/mid credit teasers? Something that would have its' own style and format, distinguishing from other movies. I'm not a great idea person, but what if at the very end of the movie the screen would turn to a very short 1 or 2 minute vignette, but a fact-oriented Handbook kind of thing. Strength levels, power features, etc. You would want to feature the least known characters or never seen in the MCU characters, at least as a start.

So a better FF movie would have the more or less real storyline updated with Shield overtones perhaps. I'm not sure how you could avoid the origin, once again, but perhaps:

Mission Control is the first scene and they are panicked as their secret attempt at an interstellar flight has failed and is now crashing back to earth. Various verbiage of scientists tracking what looks like a fatal scene for the astronauts quickly fill in the details, but we don't try to place everything in context; Reed or the other's backstories, any mention of Victor, etc.
    They crash, possibly within the first 90 seconds, and emerge with their powers as in # 1, screen turns to the title credits with possibly connective-backstory scenes all fade-y in the background; a transport team taking them away, but they realize they have to keep what happened secret. So the scenes sorta fast forward through them getting installed in the Baxter Building. But over the course of the first part of the movie everyone's back story and status quo should be done. Victor Von Doom should be in the movie and perhaps some sense of ties to a larger more unknown world; Monster Isle, its connections to the Deviants, hints of Atlantis or other unexplored areas like the Savage Land, etc.

The second FF movie, whether or not other re-boots or exploring various aspects of the world, would possibly have the Atlantis Attacks with Namor infatuation possibly with Dr. Doom 's plotting also present take center stage. But a secondary part should begin bringing in the Inhumans and showing the incredible powers and abilities and strangeness we should have seen with the series.

The third movie would be Galactus and should obviously have guest stars and cameos including about everything present in the new MCU. It should be an FF centric version of Avengers 4

If the movies besides FF are also being incorporated in similar ways; less cosmic, more possible cameos and tie ins with the greater 'verse, we could see Quicksilver and Wanda's path from being Magneto dupes, to Avengers in a story or cross over that would go from the first X-Men movie (they have to fight the more or less original Brotherhood!) but somehow they get out at the end. And their story would continue most likely into the Avenger's second movie.

Since the Phoenix story would already have had two movies I am not sure how you would try to bring that in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_Groot View Post
    I would be happy to see the Fox X-Verse vanish, it's been very hit or miss in quality. The FF movies have been a downright disgrace.

The MCU should reboot the whole X-Men mythos with a team consisting of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman and Jean Grey, the original five. The mutants introduced in later movies wouldn't require origin movies like the individual Avengers did.
    I'm more thinking it would start with Bucky as the new Captain America (or Steve as the old one) in Cap 4 goes looking into the outfit that brainwashed him, a Hydra!SHIELD subsection called Weapon X. He runs into a short and hairy former partner. Hulk assists.

Black Panther 2 can have Storm in it.

They should slowly introduce Mutants to the MCU over a couple of movies, not just start out with an X-Men team.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't get why so many people think the mutants can't just like... be there. MCU started with a grounded Iron Man, then went for sci-fi, then aliens, then magic. They introduced lots of other elements later instead of since the beginning and there was not really any problem. Mutants have been a secret until now, done.

They could even start with most of them as teenagers and say that just now there's an actual considerable mutant population growing and the Xavier School it's a new thing. Say that the X-Gene was dormant until now, when it comes to Wolverine they could even say the Weapon X experiments on him managed to activate it before. If they wanted to retcon Wanda and Pietro, say the Hydra experiments did the same for them. If mutants are supposed to be an evolution of the human race, then it even makes sense for it to be (kind of?) a more recent development.
    Also they could introduce mutants at a very low number, mutants with long histories like Apocalypse and Selene can be explained as the people of those times referring to them as Gods or such. This would lead people to believing mutants are a myth. We can time jump to 19th century England to find Nathan Essex conducting grueling experiments on "mutated" subjects. Time jump again to Logan becoming Wolverine. Heck they can retcon Wanda and Peitro to actually being Mags kids now. I'm very excited about seeing Kang on screen and i hope to see some of Galactus Heralds.

All-New Member

Question so Disney might be buying fox...

what are your thoughts on this whole thing? i think this will be a good thing because then we could get more people in iw2, but this can also be bad because that means more stress on the writers and makers of the MCU.

The good news is that it would mean that Star Wars would be under one roof (Fox owns ANH for forever).

The bad news is that the X-Men movie series would probably be rebooted (I'm very badly looking forward to the X-23 movie that's in the works and will probably be canceled if Fox is bought by Disney).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, it's probably bad for X-Men in movies, as there'll be fewer per year, reboot or not. They won't want to compete with themselves and that means fewer available slots.

It's good news for other media though. The cartoons, video games and merchandise can feature the X-Men and Fantastic Four again, and Fantastic Four will no longer be out of sight in the comics.