Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The timing is almost too perfect. I'd almost think they planned for things to line up this perfectly.
    Right? Been thinking about that for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right? Been thinking about that for a while now
    The X-Men just happen to have a universe destroying threat all queued up with Dark Phoenix as well.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    Fan4 suck, Marvel should not go near them. Xmen are great and Fox did a petty ok job on the movies, I hope Fox resist any aggressive take over ! and competition keeps the industry healthy.
    I usually don't respect opinions that just say *fill in the blank* sucks.

The X-Men would be fine on their own since they pretty much have functioned that way for quite a while but I'll drop some knowledge on you anyway.

The Fantastic Four would make a great addition to the MCU if only for opening up the cosmic aspects of Marvel that springs from those early Fantastic Four issues. They are perhaps one of the most connected of the heroes in the MU. Ben plays poker with some of the Avengers, Reed, Hank Pym, and Stark are colleagues that have collaborated in the past. Nick Fury has used the FF on a couple of special missions for SHIELD. Franklin is an Omega level mutant, etc. They have great supporting characters/villains like Doom, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, The Skulls I think can be shared between Fox and Marvel but if they really ramped up the creepiness factor so that they were truly frightening shapeshifters it could make for a really cool adaption of Secret Invasion (which should have been much better than it turned out)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    God no. Scott and Ororo deserve to be done right after being treated so badly on Fox. And I'm a Jean fan so I just really need her to be on it too.
    Scott and Ororo have been in hundreds of comics, in cartoons, in games, in movies.
    And now that at long last movies are going to focus on other characters, it's all back to square one?
    Again the same characters, again them and if it's not good enough, what? Another reboot?

Scott, Ororo, Kurt, Kitty, they all had their chance in every media. Time to move to the dozen of other characters from the X-line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    Fan4 suck, Marvel should not go near them. Xmen are great and Fox did a petty ok job on the movies, I hope Fox resist any aggressive take over ! and competition keeps the industry healthy.
    Very mature to just say the Fantastic Four suck without even a hint of an explanation. And by the way, you have the Fantastic Four to thank for all of the Marvel properties you and millions of other people enjoy today.

Also, as already pointed out to you by another member of this community, Fox is looking to sell; Disney is not stealing, tricking or forcing anyone into gaining anything. Not to mention that Marvel/Disney in terms of the X-Men and F4 are just regaining something that was theirs to begin with.

I'm far more interested in the FF (and their associated properties) joining the MU than I am seeing any of the X-Men involved.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

As far as X-Men goes, I don't want to see the current series discontinued (I was really looking forward to the X-23 movie). If Disney does buy and reboot for the MCU, I'm, thinking that they'll have to go the route that mutants "always" existed in the MCU, but didn't get outed until the present and/or were mistaken for Inhumans or other kinds of superhumans. However, since the MCU has gone for so long without the mutants, I think that it would be a really awkward addition, at best, and would probably be best if they weren't used until the MCU is rebooted from scratch, allowing the X-Men to be around and accounted for from square one.

As far as the F4 goes, if Marvel could make a decent movie, fine. However, I kinda think the F4 have outlived their usefulness. Granted, I have found them the comics with them I've read to be extremely uninteresting, so this could be my bias about that speaking, but I can't shake the feeling that they no longer have a place in the Marvel franchise.

Mileage will vary, of course.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

I'm pretty sure Marvel will reboot both franchises when they get the rights back. They want to do things their way.

Feels like some seem threatened by the idea of the FF(not really) and the X-Men(moreso) joining the MCU. It's not like Marvel is gonna push the Avengers to the backside if the deal goes through. All I know is they better bring back the X-Men Spaghetti Os if it happens...

Extraordinary Member

I hope the deal goes through.

FF & X-Men deserve better movies. I want to see the entire MU on screen.

I'm not really a die hard Hulk & Wolverine fan, but I do want to see them go at it.

Ben Grimm, the original hard-luck hero from the hood, can easily be a breakout character now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Feels like some seem threatened by the idea of the FF(not really) and the X-Men(moreso) joining the MCU. It's not like Marvel is gonna push the Avengers to the backside if the deal goes through. All I know is they better bring back the X-Men Spaghetti Os if it happens...
    I honestly don't see that happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I'm pretty sure Marvel will reboot both franchises when they get the rights back. They want to do things their way.
    FF will definitely be rebooted if the rights go back to Marvel.

X-Men is more complicated. If Hugh Jackman was still game for more movies, then I think no reboot would happen. But he, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellan seem to have exited their characters. And the timeline of the movies makes it hard to continue with the current cast unless every movie is stuck in the past.

But, please remember that Kevin Feige has worked with the Donners. They even gave Feige a quick shout out in Deadpool. Feige may be more inclined to let the Donners keep running the X-movies if he feels that trying to incorporate them into the MCU isn't workable.

Also, I can't see them ending the Deadpool movies with Ryan Reynolds as long as they are critically and commercially successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The point of their narrative breaks the MCU.

They had to significantly alter the concept of Civil War for it to not damage Iron Man or Captain America in Cap3. There is no way they can push a mutant story where the Avengers, their marquee team, isn't either depicted in open revolt against the gov, or complicit in their actions against mutants. They are better served if they are in some parallel universe, and select characters can hop over as need be.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

Provided the comic book film genre extends another ten years, Marvel will have to reboot.

I can see the FF being integrated into the current MCU.

The X-Men might work better during a full reboot.

I'd be game for a Cap, Bucky, & Logan WWII adventure.

Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Magneto being family again works for me. Seeing Magneto & Vision together would be very interesting.

That's right....a holiday family film featuring Magneto & family. The story writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As far as X-Men goes, I don't want to see the current series discontinued (I was really looking forward to the X-23 movie). If Disney does buy and reboot for the MCU, I'm, thinking that they'll have to go the route that mutants "always" existed in the MCU, but didn't get outed until the present and/or were mistaken for Inhumans or other kinds of superhumans. However, since the MCU has gone for so long without the mutants, I think that it would be a really awkward addition, at best, and would probably be best if they weren't used until the MCU is rebooted from scratch, allowing the X-Men to be around and accounted for from square one.

As far as the F4 goes, if Marvel could make a decent movie, fine. However, I kinda think the F4 have outlived their usefulness. Granted, I have found them the comics with them I've read to be extremely uninteresting, so this could be my bias about that speaking, but I can't shake the feeling that they no longer have a place in the Marvel franchise.

Mileage will vary, of course.

*cough*Guardians of the Galaxy*cough*
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!