Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As far as X-Men goes, I don't want to see the current series discontinued (I was really looking forward to the X-23 movie). If Disney does buy and reboot for the MCU, I'm, thinking that they'll have to go the route that mutants "always" existed in the MCU, but didn't get outed until the present and/or were mistaken for Inhumans or other kinds of superhumans. However, since the MCU has gone for so long without the mutants, I think that it would be a really awkward addition, at best, and would probably be best if they weren't used until the MCU is rebooted from scratch, allowing the X-Men to be around and accounted for from square one.

As far as the F4 goes, if Marvel could make a decent movie, fine. However, I kinda think the F4 have outlived their usefulness. Granted, I have found them the comics with them I've read to be extremely uninteresting, so this could be my bias about that speaking, but I can't shake the feeling that they no longer have a place in the Marvel franchise.

Mileage will vary, of course.
    The associated trappings of the FF are more interesting, to me, then the FF themselves.

Annihilus, Galactus, Doom, the Negative Zone, etc.

That said, having a family of adventurers is pretty fun.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The point of their narrative breaks the MCU.

They had to significantly alter the concept of Civil War for it to not damage Iron Man or Captain America in Cap3. There is no way they can push a mutant story where the Avengers, their marquee team, isn't either depicted in open revolt against the gov, or complicit in their actions against mutants. They are better served if they are in some parallel universe, and select characters can hop over as need be.
    I have no doubt the folks in charge of the Marvel flicks could somehow find a way to make it work. All it would it take is baby steps and then BOOM... an actual X-Men movie for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I have no doubt the folks in charge of the Marvel flicks could somehow find a way to make it work. All it would it take is baby steps and then BOOM... an actual X-Men movie for the first time.
    I suppose what they could do is have Bishop come back in time to warn the Avengers, sort of a take on the X-Sanction mini.

That way they could plan a road map to introduce mutants without having to damage their "face" characters. Like they could bring in USAgent to espouse a hardline stance, and that way they can have "a" Captain America without damaging the rep of "the" Captain America.

Actually, to really make it interesting. Have Kang come back in time to warn people about the emergence of dangerous mutants.

Since he's considered a FF character as far as rights are/were concerned that's a tidy way to fold in everyone.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 12-05-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

I don't see why people keep saying you need to reboot the MCU(**** that idea) to fit the X-Men in, it's so simple just make it like X-Men Evolution, where mutants are rare enough they can be kept under the radar.
    Hell they could make it a plot point that suddenly tons of mutants are awakening their powers and alerting the world to their presence.
    Last edited by TitanMax; 12-05-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I don't see why people keep saying you need to the MCU(**** that idea) to fit the X-Men in, it's so simple just make it like X-Men Evolution, where mutants are rare enough they can be kept under the radar.
    I can go with that.

I wonder if Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to have another book published just to handwave them not really being Magneto's kids and mutants.

Also, too bad they killed off Quicksilver in AoU, odds are X-Men will be getting rebooted which means both versions of Quicksilver are likely toast.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I don't see why people keep saying you need to the MCU(**** that idea) to fit the X-Men in, it's so simple just make it like X-Men Evolution, where mutants are rare enough they can be kept under the radar.
    I think people are just trying to figure out how you could salvage some existing parts of the FoX-Men. But if they wipe all that stuff clean and start small scale then I suppose it would work.

They could have Professor X show up in small roles and sort of appear like Nick Fury at the end credits somewhere telling Scarlet Witch he's putting together a school for people like her.
    Pull List:

Could it be that we are near the end of this schism?

Personally the X-mens and the fans would only have to gain from this although it increases the monopoly of Disney.

I do not know how long the hit with super heroes will last in movies but probably the X-mens can be incorporated to MCU after Infinity War.

The FF are easier to bring in as you could pull a Spiderman and just introduce them offscreen. You could make them a part of the present or bring them from the 60s to the modern day (movie bob's idea). Granted the latter idea is more involved and a more traditional origin story but still doable and either one works to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm one of the few who doesn't want the X-Men in the MCU. The main X-Men films have all been bad, sure. But Fox is also becoming far, far more innovative than Marvel Studios. Marvel would never make Deadpool, Logan or New Mutants. R-rated films? Nope, Marvel wants that general audience money. Films that fully embrace other genres and try to fit superheroes into those genres, rather than try to fit the genres around superheroes? Nope, Marvel plays it much safer in terms of keeping at least a certain degree of formula.

Also, let's be honest, do we really need another 10 movies where Logan is one of the main characters? He'd get top billing in a new X-Men trilogy, he'd get a new solo trilogy, he'd probably get top billing in three more Avengers movies, and he'd be a major supporting character in another couple of solos for other characters. Marvel would push Logan even harder than they've pushed Stark, and with even less shame. Screw that.

Sure, they'd probably give real respect to characters like Scott and Ororo. But you know what? I find it hard to care about that, when it would mean losing out on something like X-Force.

Marvel Studios getting the X-Men rights back would mean a bunch of enjoyable but safe X-Men movies, and an end to every single shred of innovation Fox has been doing.

I could see Fox having New Mutants 2 be a rock opera based on "Steal This Planet!" I cannot imagine Marvel doing that. (Also: Please, Fox, in the name of all that is good and pure in this world, do a New Mutants rock opera based on "Steal This Planet!" The world deserves that.)
    I’m also of the mind that Fox should be allowed to continue making X-Men movies because they’ve proven more good at it than not. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind them launching a true to form, O5 X-Men movie with just Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, and Iceman.

Fantastic Four should absolutely revert back to Marvel Studios.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The thing that worries me if everything is under Disney is that we will not get alot of the smaller stuff like Ant Man, Doctor Strange, or even Guardians anymore. Disney can only make so many movies a year and I am afraid some of the more off the wall choices are going to get lost in the shuffle or never get out of the starting gate at all.

alternate dimension or time traveling.

In both cases they landed on the current MCU time as a mistake and they cant do it again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They should just do like with Pym and Van Dyne, then.
    Say that Scott, Logan, Ororo, Jean and the others were active last century
    And move on to the new generation with their first movies
    Yeah no. There's no interest in this without Scott, Jean, Ororo, and Logan.

Astonishing Member

perhaps it would be something like 2 different realities/universes end up mixing because of some cosmic accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    God no. Scott and Ororo deserve to be done right after being treated so badly on Fox. And I'm a Jean fan so I just really need her to be on it too.
    And you trust the MCU for that?
    They'll just make a movie about Scott being hitler and the Avengers having to go in and take him down.
    I mean they even have the Inhumans in the MCU, so they can pretty much recreate IvX.
    #EmmaWasRight