Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

We could actually see Mystique vs Carol Danvers someday.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I actually want the Xmen to be introduced similar to how they were in the comics. Start with the O5 and go from there with the introduction of the second wave shown in Giant Xmen, etc. And the xmen don't have to be technically a part of the main MU crossing over to avengers until Phoenix comes onto the seen. There can be flashback to certain characters like Stoem in a subsequent BP showing them as kids or something like that. it won't be that hard
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The FF are easier to bring in as you could pull a Spiderman and just introduce them offscreen. You could make them a part of the present or bring them from the 60s to the modern day (movie bob's idea). Granted the latter idea is more involved and a more traditional origin story but still doable and either one works to me.
    The fangirl in me would like it to play out like this. The Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom have been trapped in his Liddleville microtown due to the treachery of the Puppet Master. Ant Man helps them escape and Bam! they're in the MCU.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-05-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    And you trust the MCU for that?
    They'll just make a movie about Scott being hitler and the Avengers having to go in and take him down.
    I mean they even have the Inhumans in the MCU, so they can pretty much recreate IvX.
    It depends. The properties that fall under the film division would be fine. It's the television division that seems to fumble, but I imagine Ike wouldn't see the need to push Inhuman's so hard now that he'd have the X-Men to play with.

It's too bad this couldn't have happened sooner so that they could have kept Inhumans as they were, and let X-Men fill its own niche.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

And you trust the MCU for that?
    They'll just make a movie about Scott being hitler and the Avengers having to go in and take him down.
    I mean they even have the Inhumans in the MCU, so they can pretty much recreate IvX.
    I'm not sure where this distrust of the MCU is coming from. It took them 12 movies to introduce all the characters and develop them before they did Civil War. And they tried to make sure each character remained sympathetic.

It's not like they're going to bring in the X-Men then jump straight into AxX or IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'm not sure where this distrust of the MCU is coming from. It took them 12 movies to introduce all the characters and develop them before they did Civil War. And they tried to make sure each character remained sympathetic.

It's not like they're going to bring in the X-Men then jump straight into AxX or IvX.

Well, based on the way Inhumans went over on TV, I wouldn't worry too much about IvX at all.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

With Marvel, I trust the movie line, not so much the comics side.

I see why Feige fought to break away from the comic side, and Ike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    With Marvel, I trust the movie line, not so much the comics side.

I see why Feige fought to break away from the comic side, and Ike.
    I don't have particularly much trust for either.
    The movies are incredibly hit or miss and Feige is just plain scum.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member

What's causing the animosity towards Feige?

Extraordinary Member

I'll just quote Keanu Reeves, and reply with.....whoa.

I'm more skeptical of them bringing in the X-men because you can't slide them in offscreen like Spidey. I think you can bring them in following the Ultimate version where they are relatively new to the scene and just popping up.

The classic version could work if you make the story about why they aren't around anymore like what they are doing with the JSA in the rebirth. They existed and were fighting for their place in the world but they went away before Tony gets caught. You could tie in the sentry and his amnesia plot making the Void the culprit.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-05-2017 at 02:43 PM.

have the Fantastic Four appear in a separate universe; one relatively unoccupied by super people. establish them as explorers; multi-dimensional explorers even. have them chase Doctor Doom into the Avengers' universe (and leave afterwards). best of both worlds.

mutant are not going to work; if the idea is to just work them into what is already existing. there's too much history with just Magneto alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    have the Fantastic Four appear in a separate universe; one relatively unoccupied by super people. establish them as explorers; multi-dimensional explorers even. have them chase Doctor Doom into the Avengers' universe (and leave afterwards). best of both worlds.
    I'd personally rather have them in the MCU. By the sounds of it, after Infinity War Marvel will have a lack of heroes and the FF can help fill the void. It would be easy to implement them into the MCU, the only problem is if you want them to be the first. I'm OK with them not being the first superheroes in the MU.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'd personally rather have them in the MCU. By the sounds of it, after Infinity War Marvel will have a lack of heroes and the FF can help fill the void. It would be easy to implement them into the MCU, the only problem is if you want them to be the first. I'm OK with them not being the first superheroes in the MU.
    but now you have to explain why Reed Richards wasn't consulted during the various world ending events. Pym wasn't because he had become a recluse and didn't trust the government/quit SHIELD. Why no mention of the smartest man on the planet, before now?