Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I'm more excited at the prospect of getting legitimate X-Men and FF cartoons that this deal might lead to then the movie side, if I'm honest.

Marvel would no longer have a reason to keep up with their stupid media embargo against the X-Men and FF characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    What's causing the animosity towards Feige?
    Him gaybaiting GotG2 (i.e. claiming there'd be gay characters when there weren't) which turned out to be the worst MCU movie yet, but for many unrelated reasons.
    This was after stating that there couldn't be 'space lesbians' at the time of GotG.
    #EmmaWasRight

Doctor Doom, do him justice (none of that nip-tuck soap opera bs or 1337 haxor teen), make him stick (stop killing off villains in one movie), next phase top-tier villain once Thanos is dealt with. MCU needs a good villain besides Loki. RDJ turned Iron Man into a household name. Find an actor that can do that for Vic.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Him gaybaiting GotG2 (i.e. claiming there'd be gay characters when there weren't) which turned out to be the worst MCU movie yet, but for many unrelated reasons.
    This was after stating that there couldn't be 'space lesbians' at the time of GotG.
    When did that happen. A quick Google search didn't turn anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but now you have to explain why Reed Richards wasn't consulted during the various world ending events. Pym wasn't because he had become a recluse and didn't trust the government/quit SHIELD. Why no mention of the smartest man on the planet, before now?
    It could be as simple as him not being considered the smartest yet. He could have ideas and concepts so beyond current understanding that they are written off, leading to him not getting the funding required to make his inventions a reality. This could also be the reason for his rush and desperation for the spaceflight that gives them their powers, as it would be a chance to prove himself instead of "beating the commies". It would also amplify his guilt towards what happened to his family. After the fame from their powers Reed could finally get the financial backing needed to prove that he is the smartest man alive/ever.

That's just one idea I'm spit-balling.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It could be as simple as him not being considered the smartest yet. He could have ideas and concepts so beyond current understanding that they are written off, leading to him not getting the funding required to make his inventions a reality. This could also be the reason for his rush and desperation for the spaceflight that gives them their powers, as it would be a chance to prove himself instead of "beating the commies". It would also amplify his guilt towards what happened to his family. After the fame from their powers Reed could finally get the financial backing needed to prove that he is the smartest man alive/ever.

That's just one idea I'm spit-balling.
    I would love the idea of a Fantastic Four movie in the MCU is where four astronauts went missing in space in the late 60s, only to be found drifting in space and alive in their space ship. When brought back to Earth, they discover that the astronauts have powers. This way you can sort of explain away why some really smart people weren't around for a lot of the big things that's happened in the MCU, but also it's not an alternate dimension way of introducing the F4.

Hell, you could even have an Event Horizon explaination, where Reed Richards and crew had been on an experimental space expedition when they were lost in space as a result of a new propulsion engine test. They were basically attempting new space/time experiments and disappeared in a wormhole, only to be found in orbit of a distant planet (let's say Saturn, cuz I like the way it looks) and when they are found...they are discovered to have powers and they warn of a "door they may have left open", which could lead to a coming of Galactus story.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    All of this just sounds made up.
    I certainly don't remember hearing anything about this.

but now you have to explain why Reed Richards wasn't consulted during the various world ending events. Pym wasn't because he had become a recluse and didn't trust the government/quit SHIELD. Why no mention of the smartest man on the planet, before now?
    They could always go the Ultimate FF route the latest movie did. If the FF are a bunch of teenagers, the world won't necessarily look to them to save the world regardless of how smart they are.

Maye the Infinity War stuff could even be the catalyst for all of it. After Thanos the US believes it needs some sort of think tank to solve it's problems so creates a program to assemble a bunch of super smart people, including Reed and Doom.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    All of this just sounds made up.
    I certainly don't remember hearing anything about this.
    News to me too, I didn't find anything on Google so maybe a link?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They could always go the Ultimate FF route the latest movie did. If the FF are a bunch of teenagers...
    I can hear the torch-wielding mob, now.

you could always have their origin take place after infinity war off screen.

you could also just say that he was consulted but didn't give useful advice or taking seriously as his solutions were out there or unpractical.

I really like the idea of them being scientists in the early 1970s and getting lost in space/time aka the Negative zone. That way Reed could have tinkered with crazy alternate physics while they were stranded and would help explain how he develops his crazy science stuff back in "our" dimension, because he's actually dealt with physics breaking science. It would also be a reason they didn't age. Maybe time flows much differently in the Negative zone than it does here. So the the FF a couple years passed but to everyone here they were lost for decades.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I would love the idea of a Fantastic Four movie in the MCU is where four astronauts went missing in space in the late 60s, only to be found drifting in space and alive in their space ship. When brought back to Earth, they discover that the astronauts have powers. This way you can sort of explain away why some really smart people weren't around for a lot of the big things that's happened in the MCU, but also it's not an alternate dimension way of introducing the F4.

Hell, you could even have an Event Horizon explaination, where Reed Richards and crew had been on an experimental space expedition when they were lost in space as a result of a new propulsion engine test. They were basically attempting new space/time experiments and disappeared in a wormhole, only to be found in orbit of a distant planet (let's say Saturn, cuz I like the way it looks) and when they are found...they are discovered to have powers and they warn of a "door they may have left open", which could lead to a coming of Galactus story.
    Johnny would quickly correct you and claim they went to Uranus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

I like early 1970s because it's a few years after the moon landing when people were still largely into space exploration. Also, if you have them go to the Negative Zone it's a door for Annihilus to be a "Thanos" of a future phase and adaptation of Annihilation.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Not reading through all these pages, but.....

I don't want the mutants in the MCU. Trying to insert them now would almost certainly just feel really weird and awkward. And I never really felt like the mutants made a lot of sense within the context of the wider MU in the first place. I mean, you're gonna be all racist about Gambit and the threat of mutants out-breeding homo sapiens, but Thor can sleep with entire villages' worth of women at a time, over the course of centuries, and *that's* fine? Even by the inherently flawed thinking of racists, that doesn't make sense.

And trying to say that mutants have been around the whole time in the MCU feels dishonest. Who'd really believe that? Maybe you make mutants a new development, a result of all the superhuman craziness that's happened since 2008. But if you do that you cut huge chunks of the X-Men mythos out, and the math still doesn't add up. If mutation began with the start of the MCU, those mutants wouldn't even be in high school yet.

So I say let the mutants keep their own universe. Just having people like Fiege Godfather the property will improve the quality of those movies, they dont need to be in the MCU to accomplish quality.

As for the FF.....they're easy to introduce. They won't be the First Family anymore, but its not like that ever really mattered.

Not an FF fan but if it means getting to see a well done version of Doom on screen, I am all for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.