Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

Default Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Editions

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL

Omnibus Volume 1
    collects the entire contents of the 2012 edition of Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 1, and adds some prelude issues (Batman #484-490 and Detective Comics #654-658):

• Batman: Vengeance Of Bane

Broken Bat

• PRELUDE TO KNIGHTFALL: Batman #484-490 / Detective Comics #654-658
    • Batman #491
    • Batman #492
    • Detective Comics #659
    • Batman #493
    • Detective Comics #660
    • Batman #494
    • Detective Comics #661
    • Batman #495
    • Detective Comics #662
    • Batman #496
    • Detective Comics #663
    • Batman #497

Who Rules The Night

• Detective Comics #664
    • Showcase '93 #7
    • Showcase '93 #8
    • Batman #498
    • Shadow of the Bat #16-18
    • Detective Comics #665
    • Batman #499
    • Detective Comics #666
    • Batman #500

Omnibus Volume 2
    collects the entire contents of the 2012 edition of Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 2: Knightquest, and now also includes the never before reprinted "Knightquest: The Search", and adds Robin #1 (the first issue of the ongoing Robin series).

Knightquest: The Crusade

• Detective Comics #667-668
    • Shadow of the Bat #19-20
    • Batman #501-502
    • Detective Comics #669-670
    • Catwoman #6
    • Batman #503-504
    • Catwoman #7
    • Detective Comics #671-673
    • Shadow of the Bat #24
    • Batman #505
    • Shadow of the Bat #25
    • Batman #506-507
    • Shadow of the Bat #26-27
    • Detective Comics #674
    • Batman #508
    • Shadow of the Bat #28
    • Detective Comics #675

Knightquest: The Search

• Justice League Task Force #5-6
    • Shadow of the Bat #21-23
    • Legends of the Dark Knight #59-61
    • Robin #7

Omnibus Vol. 3
    collects the entire contents of the 2012 edition of Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 3: KnightsEnd, but now also includes Showcase '94 #10 (part of Aftermath), the Troika storyline, Nightwing: Alfred's Return #1 and Batman: Vengeance Of Bane II: The Redemption

KnightsEnd

• Batman #509
    • Shadow of the Bat #29
    • Detective Comics #676
    • Legends of the Dark Knight #62
    • Robin #8
    • Catwoman #12
    • Batman #510
    • Shadow of the Bat #30
    • Detective Comics #677
    • Legends of the Dark Knight #63

Aftermath

• Robin #9
    • Catwoman #13
    • Showcase '94 #10

Prodigal

• Batman #512
    • Shadow of the Bat #32
    • Detective Comics #679
    • Robin #11
    • Batman #513
    • Shadow of the Bat #33
    • Detective Comics #680
    • Robin #12
    • Batman #514
    • Shadow of the Bat #34
    • Detective Comics #681
    • Robin #13

Troika

• Batman #515
    • Shadow of the Bat #35
    • Detective Comics #682
    • Robin #14

+

• Nightwing: Alfred's Return #1

• Batman: Vengeance Of Bane II: The Redemption
    Last edited by masahikotahara; 12-05-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

All-New Member

If you had the book in hand, you'd know that Legends of the Dark Knight 59-61 and Robin #7 are, in fact, included in Omnibus 2. Do not go by solicitation information -- DC's collected edition solicitations are often incorrect.

If you had the book in hand, you'd know that Legends of the Dark Knight 59-61 and Robin #7 are, in fact, included in Omnibus 2. Do not go by solicitation information -- DC's collected edition solicitations are often incorrect.
    I post these summaries so that others can point out errors, so thank you. I haven't purchased these omnibus editions (yet) and I try to find multiple sources to find out what issues are collected, but that information is very often copied from DC's solicitation information.

Can you confirm that Robin (Vol.4) #1 has been included in Omnibus 2?
    Last edited by masahikotahara; 12-05-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Robin #0 is a huge omission from Vol 3 (if that solicit is correct), it literally leads into Batman #512's first pages and thus is part #0 or the first part (whatever you want to call it) of Prodigal.

How this keeps getting overlooked is beyond me. Terrible, terrible mistake. Wikipedia once (at least briefly) listed it as Part #0 and somebody undid that.

I probably won't ever own these volumes considering my custom binds collected it most correctly.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-05-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I probably won't ever own these volumes considering my custom binds collected it most correctly.
    Are there big differences in contents between the DC omnibus editions and your custom bindings? Also, are there any pictures of your custom bindings? I would really like to see how you did them.
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    While it is a pretty funny parody of Batman: Knightfall; I don't mind that it is not included in the omnibus series.
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    Are there big differences in contents between the DC omnibus editions and your custom bindings? Also, are there any pictures of your custom bindings? I would really like to see how you did them.
    All sorts of differences probably, but I don't know the precise orderings DC uses in its Omnibuses. Based on conjecture I read on here, I think the only diff b/w my Vol 1 and DC's is that I include Sword of Azrael and I put the Lost Pages of Bane breaking into the mansion in between two issues as a pseudo canon recap thing (vs DC I think puts it as an extra). I hear DC & I coincidentally wound up with the same ordering for the Prelude issues (well, DC didn't include Sword of Az), which if true, is great for readers.

Prelude order should be this:
    Sword of Azrael
    Vengeance of Bane
    Batman #484-487
    Detective Comics #654-656
    Batman #488
    Detective Comics #657-658
    Batman #489-490
    Batman #491 (is in all Knightfall tpbs, so don't even count it as prelude anymore)

I probably integrate The Search into The Crusade in Vol 2 in a different way than DC does. I think I found the best way. If DC kept the two separate in the Omnibus, I really think that's silly, but I doubt they did that. But I'm curious to know what order they did use to integrate the two.

My Vol 3 roughly looks like this:
    old Knightsend TPB content
    Batman #0
    Shadow #0
    Tec #0
    Robin #0 (real part 1 of Prodigal)
    the rest is Prodigal
    Troika
    Azrael #1, Azrael #2 (Az #1 and pages 1-8 of Az #2).....ONE OF MY BEST IDEAS EVER, these pages really provide closure between Bruce & JPV over Azbats and their mutual feelings of guilt
    Nightwing Alfred's Return
    Veng of Bane 2

Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-06-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

All sorts of differences probably, but I don't know the precise orderings DC uses in its Omnibuses. Based on conjecture I read on here, I think the only diff b/w my Vol 1 and DC's is that I include Sword of Azrael and I put the Lost Pages of Bane breaking into the mansion in between two issues as a pseudo canon recap thing (vs DC I think puts it as an extra). I hear DC & I coincidentally wound up with the same ordering for the Prelude issues (well, DC didn't include Sword of Az), which if true, is great for readers.

Prelude order should be this:
    Sword of Azrael
    Vengeance of Bane
    Batman #484-487
    Detective Comics #654-656
    Batman #488
    Detective Comics #657-658
    Batman #489-490
    Batman #491 (is in all Knightfall tpbs, so don't even count it as prelude anymore)

I probably integrate The Search into The Crusade in Vol 2 in a different way than DC does. I think I found the best way. If DC kept the two separate in the Omnibus, I really think that's silly, but I doubt they did that. But I'm curious to know what order they did use to integrate the two.

My Vol 3 roughly looks like this:
    old Knightsend TPB content
    Batman #0
    Shadow #0
    Tec #0
    Robin #0 (real part 1 of Prodigal)
    the rest is Prodigal
    Troika
    Azrael #1, Azrael #2 (Az #1 and pages 1-8 of Az #2)
    Nightwing Alfred's Return
    Veng of Bane 2

Very pretty!
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    Very pretty!
    Thank you, they might be my crowning achievement in comic binding in terms of taking something I really love collected so wrong and using mostly the existing trades to finally recollect it right, once and for all. Also I edited my post above some after you quoted it and complimented it.

Mighty Member

The actual order (just did a quick flip thru) was The Crusade (thru 'Tec 675), then The Search (JL Task Force, then SotB, then LoDK), then Robin 7. I can give more detail than that if you care, but that was the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    The actual order (just did a quick flip thru) was The Crusade (thru 'Tec 675), then The Search (JL Task Force, then SotB, then LoDK), then Robin 7. I can give more detail than that if you care, but that was the gist of it.
    That sucks. That goes way against publication order any sense of the simultaneity and etc, etc, story references from Vol 1 (Jack Drake & JLTF).

I did this:
    Justice League Task Force #5-6 (really easy to place this here and it make perfect obvious even needed sense)
    Detective Comics #667-668/pages from Robin 1
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #19-20
    Batman #501-502
    Detective Comics #669
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #21-23 (pretty sensible gap here for this while also considering pub order)
    Detective Comics #670
    Catwoman #6
    Batman #503-504
    Catwoman #7
    Detective Comics #671-673
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #24
    Batman #505
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #25
    Batman #506-507
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #59-61 (pretty sensible gap here for this, and imagining Bruce takes a bit to close out affairs with Shondra and travel home)
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #26-27
    Detective Comics #674
    Batman #508
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #28
    Detective Comics #675
    Robin #7
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-23-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Robin #0 is a huge omission from Vol 3 (if that solicit is correct), it literally leads into Batman #512's first pages and thus is part #0 or the first part (whatever you want to call it) of Prodigal.

How this keeps getting overlooked is beyond me. Terrible, terrible mistake. Wikipedia once (at least briefly) listed it as Part #0 and somebody undid that.

Yeah, I was the one who edited Wikipedia to add Robin #0 to the reading list after we discussed it in a thread here. It kept getting edited back out, and I kept putting it back in, and I finally just gave up.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    Yeah, I was the one who edited Wikipedia to add Robin #0 to the reading list after we discussed it in a thread here. It kept getting edited back out, and I kept putting it back in, and I finally just gave up.
    I don't blame you. Some knucklehead who never even read Robin #0 probably keeps undoing it. It had no Prodigal banner on it and unless Dixon just rips off a quote confirming it (though it requires no confirmation, just read the issue) in an interview that can be cited, Wikipedia and others will find it acceptable to allow undoing the change.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-11-2017 at 01:13 PM.

The Dark Knight

I don't blame you. Some knucklehead who never even read Robin #0 probably keeps undoing it. It had no Prodigal banner on it and unless Dixon just rips off a quote confirming it (though it requires no confirmation, just read the issue) in an interview that can be cited, Wikipedia and others will find it acceptable to allow undoing the change.
    Does volume 2 of the omnibus include everything needed? I have all the individual comics and the 2012 TPB but was thinking about getting the omnibus for convenience.