Page 38 of 150 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 2243
  1. #556
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thank you. Also, comparing The Gifted to the Netflix shows isn't even a good comparison. Those numbers aren't released so no one can gauge how well they're doing. Anyone from Marvel Entertainment or Netflix can come out and say: "They're doing wonderfully!" without having to back any of those statements up with actual numbers.
    Not entirely true. Numbers for Netflix have been released during their annual or something. I'm not familiar with the way it works but others can probably explain it better. They aren't just made up.

    Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Gawd, Jaddor going to get another thread locked. Can we please just ignore him when he's bashing the MCU? He LOVES Fox-men, everything about them and no one is going to change his mind. He's not a bad poster in other areas but lets discuss for instance how awesome it will be for Stan Lee when he sees his empire reunited. :')
    Well at this rate he's going to get the Rogue thread locked too lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

    Not exactly true. Iron Fist was universally panned and not well received. Don't think Defenders was all that well received either.
    Iron Fist was also the most watched of the four solo series. And let's not forget that Luke Cage broke Netflix while both Daredevil seasons and Jessica Jones were massively acclaimed critically. Defenders was more lukewarm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I think Iron Fist was the reason why Defenders had such a low viewership.
    Especially since Defenders was mostly a continuation of Iron Fist, with some parts taken from Daredevil thanks to Elektra.

  2. #557
    My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thank you. ...
    You're welcome, Soulsword323. And TBH, I was being kind, in regards to Legion's ratings. Also, think Gifted might actually be the current top-rated superhero show on TV. Not that it's saying much, mind you.

    Lastly, pretty sure Polaris actress Emma Dumont & her fellow Mutant players (Jamie, Blair, & Sean) have specifically thanked Marvel's people for all their guidance with the show, and passion in helping to bring their characters & the mythology to life. I'm of the mind that Marvel's really behind this lil' push of Lorna Dane, and by eXtension Disney, and that FoX is just making it... a coordinated effort. Don't believe me, just wait & see what 2018 brings!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-07-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

    THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍ASTONISHing2
    andBLUE

  3. #558
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Whitewashed new mutants? Is that like the ancient one from dr strange and iron fist? Please this is not an issue. The point in new mutants has far more of a chance to do good for the genre than any upcoming mcu movie. This is off topic and not addressing the question. Fox does not have any of the stuff going on. sadly not reality. Bonne wants to make a new mutant trilogy, xforce is already in pre production made by one of the finest directors right now james mangold is writing and producing an X23 movie. Funny all these stuff is more of a go than the next marvel we know nothing about. Spiderman homecoming in the end was not better than the original spiderman movies, sony leanred the hard way. They were better on their own as long as they got the right people. Homecoming was on the same level as ASM 1, this is how many fans view the film. When you say thor is the best of trilogy based on what? According to the thor comics, the best film is still thor 1 or one crucial reason. It is a thor movie at best. It is not a gotg 3.0.

    Messiah complex was trash? Nah, that is just reflecting what AvX was and the many many failed crossover Disney did in the last few years with their comics that was a burst. Calling messiah complex trash does not changed the fact Disney cannot make the movie.

    And the problem, this is xmen, where even the mutants are so many you can fit them into one movie, so no there is no point to shove the avengers in any xmen movie. Because xmen does not have ay supernatural elements on their own in their own world? The phoenix force is already supernatural, nah, they dont need dr strange. It will be too forced the way all their corrssover movies now look forced
    When Disney boght pixar it did not merge with Disney animation. end point. Ah, as i said the reflex response just hits a wall.. Simples question to explain it all. If the xmen has not gorwn marvel than why is marvel so lacking right now and want xmen. If they left xmen far behind why are they turning back to try and grab it. xmen has left marvel behind .

    Movies. Marvel cannot make the movies fox has made because of one weird reason or another that makes no sense if you read the xmen comics. 2017. ? Nothing. Logan redefined the genre.
    Tv shows, inhumans was the best card they could use to replace xmen yet it was easily taken out by not even the best show of xmen GIFTED and shall we not go there with legion. and a lot more.As the real narrative reflects xmen has left marvel far frar behind if that was not true than marvel should be able to adapt xmen stories correctly. We cannot look at logan, deadpool, dofp, legion, and take Disney comedy comics movies seriously when it comes to xmen.

    and talking about outgrown is intresting when you look at mew mutants that will be a deep and psychological movie for that is personal and not the...saving the world easy story we have seen how many times now from marvel or just comics films in general? and then you cant take on that since that is too adult for the mcu so you dimiss it as white washed when marvel had the same controlberseyy last year with dr strange, i think this is how you tell xmen out grew marvel. when the xmen stories cannot even been talked about because of the nature, the stories are restricted for in disney movies.

    As for the world rejoicing i doubt it,. The world cares a lot about creativity and the world cares a lot about serious and compelling comic book movies thanks to the xmen movies and the nolan movies. this is what made the xmen comics and tas so respected and highly regarded, they are more than what disney makes comic films to be and xmen is the only ip that is still reflecting that, the world know that. reason Logan is the most important comic film of 2017. a comic film saver . replying to all of this, what is shows is the deal we not go through afterall. at least not in the mcu-xmen way.

    the moderator has warned most of us to stop fighting and i want to respect that and respect those here with a good dicusson, reason I will like to stay on topic by forcusing on the xmen stories and how disney cant handle it. this is what matters the most with this deal
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-07-2017 at 06:29 PM.

  4. #559
    My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I think Iron Fist was the reason why Defenders had such a low viewership.
    Because it followed his solo show, or because he was in it? Or both? Horrible miscasting, IMO. Defenders was entertaining enough, but there was too much of that guy AND Elektra (also miscast), and not enough JJ for my tastes.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

    THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍ASTONISHing2
    andBLUE

  5. #560
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Don't underestimate Comcast. They can still pull something last minute and get the Fox rights.

  6. #561
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Whitewashed new mutants? Is that like the ancient one from dr strange and iron fist? Please this is not an issue. The point in new mutants has far more of a chance to do good for the genre than any upcoming mcu movie. This is off topic and not addressing the question. Fox does not have any of the stuff going on. sadly not reality. Bonne wants to make a new mutant trilogy, xforce is already in pre production made by one of the finest directors right now james mangold is writing and producing an X23 movie. Funny all these stuff is more of a go than the next marvel we know nothing about. Spiderman homecoming in the end was not better than the original spiderman movies, sony leanred the hard way. They were better on their own as long as they got the right people. Homecoming was on the same level as ASM 1, this is how many fans view the film. When you say thor is the best of trilogy based on what? According to the thor comics, the best film is still thor 1 or one crucial reason. It is a thor movie at best. It is not a gotg 3.0.

    Messiah complex was trash? Nah, that is just reflecting what AvX was and the many many failed crossover Disney did in the last few years with their comics that was a burst. Calling messiah complex trash does not changed the fact Disney cannot make the movie.

    And the problem, this is xmen, where even the mutants are so many you can fit them into one movie, so no there is no point to shove the avengers in any xmen movie. Because xmen does not have ay supernatural elements on their own in their own world? The phoenix force is already supernatural, nah, they dont need dr strange. It will be too forced the way all their corrssover movies now look forced
    When Disney boght pixar it did not merge with Disney animation. end point. Ah, as i said the reflex response just hits a wall.. Simples question to explain it all. If the xmen has not gorwn marvel than why is marvel so lacking right now and want xmen. If they left xmen far behind why are they turning back to try and grab it. xmen has left marvel behind .

    Movies. Marvel cannot make the movies fox has made because of one weird reason or another that makes no sense if you read the xmen comics. 2017. ? Nothing. Logan redefined the genre.
    Tv shows, inhumans was the best card they could use to replace xmen yet it was easily taken out by not even the best show of xmen GIFTED and shall we not go there with legion. and a lot more.As the real narrative reflects xmen has left marvel far frar behind if that was not true than marvel should be able to adapt xmen stories correctly. We cannot look at logan, deadpool, dofp, legion, and take Disney comedy comics movies seriously when it comes to xmen.

    and talking about outgrown is intresting when you look at mew mutants that will be a deep and psychological movie for that is personal and not the...saving the world easy story we have seen how many times now from marvel or just comics films in general? and then you cant take on that since that is too adult for the mcu so you dimiss it as white washed when marvel had the same controlberseyy last year with dr strange, i think this is how you tell xmen out grew marvel. when the xmen stories cannot even been talked about because of the nature, the stories are restricted for in disney movies.

    As for the world rejoicing i doubt it,. The world cares a lot about creativity and the world cares a lot about serious and compelling comic book movies thanks to the xmen movies and the nolan movies. this is what made the xmen comics and tas so respected and highly regarded, they are more than what disney makes comic films to be and xmen is the only ip that is still reflecting that, the world know that. reason Logan is the most important comic film of 2017. a comic film saver . replying to all of this, what is shows is the deal we not go through afterall. at least not in the mcu-xmen way.

    the moderator has warned most of us to stop fighting and i want to respect that and respect those here with a good dicusson, reason I will like to stay on topic by forcusing on the xmen stories and how disney cant handle it. this is what matters the most with this deal
    Marvel TV is separate from the movies so Iron Fist doesn't count and he was always white in the comics. The Ancient One is something you are correct about, but Disney has made one mistake, unlike Fox with all their mistakes. The Marvel movies are kept closely under wraps because people actually care about them, unlike the Fox-men films lol. Next you will say that because the Star Wars films are so secretive and since we know nothing about most of the future films, like the new trilogy, no one must obviously care about Star Wars either.

    The original Spider-Man trilogy was best, but it was too late to go back to that after the ASM reboot which was awful and Homecoming beat it in every way. Plus the original Spider-Man trilogy wouldn't have fit into the MCU, even if they could bring it back, which no one could. Thor's critical reception is nothing like the reception for Thor: Ragnarok which got raving reviews.

    Disney cannot make the movie of Messiah Complex, because that storyline could not exist without House of M. So until Disney makes House of M, they cannot make Messiah Complex. But fans like you are so against that.

    The Phoenix Force is cosmic, not supernatural. That makes it more like the movies you hate so much like Thor: Ragnarok and GOTG. Iron Man was necessary for Civil War. You can't have Civil War without two opposing sides, namely Cap and Iron Man. Like how Schism needs two opposing sides whether it's Wolverine-Cyclops or Professor X-Magneto.

    Pixar always had a separate identity from Disney from the beginning, but every Disney animation fan can tell you that the second Disney bought Pixar, the lines between the two began to blur. This is why Brave is often mislabeled a Disney animation film while people think Wreck-It Ralph is Pixar. Or how Planes was thought to be Pixar. Or how Merida from Brave is a Disney Princess. Or how the Frozen holiday special with Olaf was the short they showed before Pixar's Coco. Not to mention, people complaining that John Lasseter brought too much of a Pixar touch to Disney films which is why all the latest films have followed the Pixar trend of being buddy-comedies (always a road trip featuring 2 characters).

    Marvel is not lacking right now and everyone said they don't need the X-Men, but that doesn't mean they don't want them. They know the X-Men still sells and still has a huge fanbase.

    You obsess over Logan too much. As people have said, it was a good film, but not nearly as groundbreaking as people claim it to be. The Inhumans have never been popular since their inception in the 60s and have failed always when it comes to solos as well. You are comparing Marvel's worst show to Fox's two shows. There is a huge disparity in numbers and most people have at least heard of Marvel's best shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage) unlike Legion or The Gifted, two mediocre shows with less than stellar ratings. Also everything you listed had comedy, especially Deadpool.

    I love how you haven't even seen New Mutants yet but claim it is deep and psychological. The only thing that can be said for sure about it, is that it is racist. Ant-Man wasn't a saving the world story. Neither was Spider-Man: Homecoming, at least not on the typical save the world/galaxy/universe scale. You have no idea if New Mutants will be or not either at this point

  7. #562
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Don't underestimate Comcast. They can still pull something last minute and get the Fox rights.
    Yeah, yeah, go preach to the choir. They could use more desperate pleading.

  8. #563
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    You're welcome, Soulsword323. And TBH, I was being kind, in regards to Legion's ratings. Also, think Gifted might actually be the current top-rated superhero show on TV. Not that it's saying much, mind you.

    Lastly, pretty sure Polaris actress Emma Dumont & her fellow Mutant players (Jamie, Blair, & Sean) have specifically thanked Marvel's people for all their guidance with the show, and passion in helping to bring their characters & the mythology to life. I'm of the mind that Marvel's really behind this lil' push of Lorna Dane, and by eXtension Disney, and that FoX is just making it... a coordinated effort. Don't believe me, just wait & see what 2018 brings!
    I certainly would love to believe this optimism because I'd love nothing more than for Lorna to have a massive role in the MCU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Because it followed his solo show, or because he was in it? Or both? Horrible miscasting, IMO. Defenders was entertaining enough, but there was too much of that guy AND Elektra (also miscast), and not enough JJ for my tastes.
    Really, you didn't like Elektra? I thought she was amazingly done.

  9. #564
    My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Not entirely true. Numbers for Netflix have been released during their annual or something. I'm not familiar with the way it works but others can probably explain it better. They aren't just made up. ...
    Still, apples & oranges tho, when comparing to traditional broadcast & cable numbers. Netflix's would be a culmination, I would think. To do the same for The Gifted, you'd have to take into account delayed viewing, on demand, & streaming, not just the overnights. Which are fadin' fast, will be outmoded soon enough, and then take a backseat to/be replaced by, the other formats mentioned. Trends are not encouraging for the old school way of doin' things, times are a changin', and they're changin' REAL fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    ... Iron Fist was also the most watched of the four solo series. ...
    Train wreck rubbernecking mostly, nothing more.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

    THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍ASTONISHing2
    andBLUE

  10. #565
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Yeah, yeah, go preach to the choir. They could use more desperate pleading.
    It won't be desperate pleading when Comcast beats the odds and owns Fox assets proving you wrong. It just seems too good to be true.

  11. #566
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It won't be desperate pleading when Comcast beats the odds and owns Fox assets proving you wrong. It just seems too good to be true.
    There is little evidence to support that, and I can guarantee you, that Disney has no intention of losing these properties, namely Star Wars if we're being honest.

    I think we as X-Men fans have been disappointed over and over which is why we can't quite believe it when good news actually seems to come our way, seldom as it happens.

  12. #567
    My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    ... Really, you didn't like Elektra? I thought she was amazingly done.
    No, had an adverse reaction to the actress, and her portrayal. Felt it was a real awkward fit, and she had to try way too hard to sell it. One of the main reasons I felt the first season was so far superior. JJ was the real peak for me anyway, and believe it will be again, when her second season begins.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

    THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍ASTONISHing2
    andBLUE

  13. #568
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560
    Posts
    4,853

  14. #569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Whitewashed new mutants? Is that like the ancient one from dr strange and iron fist? Please this is not an issue.
    Yes. It is. End of discussion.

  15. #570
    Mighty Member WeaponX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It won't be desperate pleading when Comcast beats the odds and owns Fox assets proving you wrong. It just seems too good to be true.
    There is no way Disney is letting the rights to distribute the original Star Wars Trilogy slip through their fingers. Heck I hate to burst everyone’s X-bubble but that’s probably 95% of the reason they are doing it. I love the X-men but those rights are faaaar more valuable especially to Disney.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •