Page 98 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2243

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You think they'll only give Sue her invisibility?
    No I think it will be invisibility and basic force fields. And probably zero Iron Fist training. Not like the display in screen shoot posted earlier. Think they will spend the money elsewhere which again is why I think the visually stunning stuff will come from the villains or cameos. Silver Surfer or Galactus for example.

I can see them being introduced in an Avengers or X-men film where Galactus is the big bad. Then once they appear in a few films then a standalone film so again the Hulk route.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No I think it will be invisibility and basic force fields. And probably zero Iron Fist training. Not like the display in screen shoot posted earlier. Think they will spend the money elsewhere which again is why I think the visually stunning stuff will come from the villains or cameos. Silver Surfer or Galactus for example.

I can see them being introduced in an Avengers or X-men film where Galactus is the big bad. Then once they appear in a few films then a standalone film so again the Hulk route.
    ::shrug::

I feel as though if positivity is misplaced due to a severe lack of information, then so is negativity.

They shouldn't focus on the villains at the expense of the heroes.

The FF shouldn't be hampered by the budget in their own film so that the focus goes to the villain.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-17-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I feel as though if positivity is misplaced due to a severe lack of information, then so is negativity.
    Who said it was misplaced? Again you are free to believe what you want.

Also not sure why it is negative to say I think they fit better as support initially. Just different opinion is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They shouldn't focus on the villains at the expense of the heroes.

The FF shouldn't be hampered by the budget in their own film so that the focus goes to the villain.
    No one said anything about the villains getting more focus. I said they may use the villains as the more visually stunning aspect of the movie. That has nothing to do with focus.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-17-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Who said it was misplaced? Again you are free to believe what you want.

Also not sure why it is negative to say I think they fit better as support initially. Just different opinion is all.
    Your feelings that the heroes (Sue, in particular, since you focused on just her invisibility) won't have "visually stunning" appeal seemed like a negative one . Maybe you didn't mean it to come off that way? Sure seemed as some sort of pre-emptive criticism...

...which is based on nothing at all, and rather silly given that you (yes, you, personally) can't be positive about the movie, claiming you have nothing to base it off of.

No one said anything about the villains getting more focus. I said they may use the villains as the more visually stunning aspect of the movie. That has nothing to do with focus.
    You yourself said that the budget would be taken away from a main character to be used to make the villain more impressive. If dividing up the budget in such a way means that a main character is limited in what they can do then they are negatively impacting that character. Marvel has great action sequences in their films and the FF need those great scenes as every Fox attempt had subpar action (if you could even call it action). Sue is the most powerful member of the team and to take away her offensive fighting would be the wrong way to go.

Anyway, this conversation is based on speculation that has no information at all to go on. No one knows what Marvel is going to do with the team and you initial post saying that their powers are boring is baseless.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    It has already started;

Attachment 59649
    Nice to know. I think this article has pictures of the toys in question.

(Edit: Maybe not. There aren't a lot of overlap characters beyond Deadpool and X-23 -- who's not the Wolverine version. Must've found a different wave or something. Still thread relevant, I guess.)

Most of them look like really nice renditions of the characters. Glad to see that they're making an X-23 figure. Agree with the commentary on the article that I wish the figurine had her wearing of of her Wolverine costumes instead of her X-Force uniform (I like All-New Wolverine a lot more than X-Force), but no biggie (if the article was right about the companies hinting that a Wolverine X-23 could happen, that would be the best of both worlds). Based on the photos, my two biggest complaints would be that she doesn't have her foot claws and the way they handled her hair.

As far as the former goes, I do get why they didn't put those claws on the toy. Having them retracted in a more neutral" position is better than having them fixed in an extended configuration (she saves them for surprise attacks anyways), but I remember seeing an older X-23 action figure which had the foot claws on a hinge. This allowed the owner to have them "extended" or "retracted" as wished (they folded down into the soles of the boots). I think that was a really good "best of both worlds" solution that I'm really surprised hasn't been used since and really wish they had done hear.

As far as the hair goes, the plastic was molded to look like it's being blown back by wind or something. Characters with long hair can be problematic (it limits the range of motion for any neck joints) and I can kind of understand that the toy could look kind of silly if posed in an action mode but the hair is hanging down like she's standing still. However, I prefer it when action figures are designed to look "neutral" from the get-go; I think the "in motion" affect looks sillier than the alternatives. I want to get one anyways, but I wish a few things had been done differently.

Hope the X-23 figure comes with swappable hands without claws, like how most Spider-Man figures have multiple hands (web-shooting hands, fists, wall-crawling, etc.).
    Last edited by WebLurker; 12-17-2017 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Extra thought.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Nice to know. I think this article has pictures of the toys in question.

(Edit: Maybe not. There aren't a lot of overlap characters beyond Deadpool and X-23 -- who's not the Wolverine version. Must've found a different wave or something. Still thread relevant, I guess.)

Most of them look like really nice renditions of the characters. Glad to see that they're making an X-23 figure. Agree with the commentary on the article that I wish the figurine had her wearing of of her Wolverine costumes instead of her X-Force uniform (I like All-New Wolverine a lot more than X-Force), but no biggie (if the article was right about the companies hinting that a Wolverine X-23 could happen, that would be the best of both worlds). Based on the photos, my two biggest complaints would be that she doesn't have her foot claws and the way they handled her hair.

As far as the former goes, I do get why they didn't put those claws on the toy. Having them retracted in a more neutral" position is better than having them fixed in an extended configuration (she saves them for surprise attacks anyways), but I remember seeing an older X-23 action figure which had the foot claws on a hinge. This allowed the owner to have them "extended" or "retracted" as wished (they folded down into the soles of the boots). I think that was a really good "best of both worlds" solution that I'm really surprised hasn't been used since and really wish they had done hear.

As far as the hair goes, the plastic was molded to look like it's being blown back by wind or something. Characters with long hair can be problematic (it limits the range of motion for any neck joints) and I can kind of understand that the toy could look kind of silly if posed in an action mode but the hair is hanging down like she's standing still. However, I prefer it when action figures are designed to look "neutral" from the get-go; I think the "in motion" affect looks sillier than the alternatives. I want to get one anyways, but I wish a few things had been done differently.

Hope the X-23 figure comes with swappable hands without claws, like how most Spider-Man figures have multiple hands (web-shooting hands, fists, wall-crawling, etc.).
    The “Wolverine” X-23 is in the second wave, different to the link you posted which is the first wave of figures

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The “Wolverine” X-23 is in the second wave, different to the link you posted which is the first wave of figures
    Okay. Works for me. Hope they unveil the second one (and others) soon. (Wonder why they're making so many Deadpools?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Your feelings that the heroes (Sue, in particular, since you focused on just her invisibility) won't have "visually stunning" appeal seemed like a negative one . Maybe you didn't mean it to come off that way? Sure seemed as some sort of pre-emptive criticism...

...which is based on nothing at all, and rather silly given that you (yes, you, personally) can't be positive about the movie, claiming you have nothing to base it off of.
    Professor X doesn't have visually stunning powers. Is that a negative comment or simply a statement of my opinion? Again you guys are overly defensive. There is nothing wrong with me thinking a telepath's powers are not that stunning and I can still like a character whose powers aren't stunning as that is not a requirement for me to like a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You yourself said that the budget would be taken away from a main character to be used to make the villain more impressive. If dividing up the budget in such a way means that a main character is limited in what they can do then they are negatively impacting that character. Marvel has great action sequences in their films and the FF need those great scenes as every Fox attempt had subpar action (if you could even call it action). Sue is the most powerful member of the team and to take away her offensive fighting would be the wrong way to go.

Anyway, this conversation is based on speculation that has no information at all to go on. No one knows what Marvel is going to do with the team and you initial post saying that their powers are boring is baseless.
    Budget is a reflection of how much something costs not how much focus a character gets. Professor X probably has the least amount of budget going to his powers but he still gets a ton of focus.

I really wish you guys would respond to the words I actually used instead of making up **** I never said. Certain characters by their nature cost more for their powers to be shown. That has nothing to do with their focus.

Silver Surfer naturally costs more than say Sue because every moment he is on screen you need to use CGI or have someone laboring in Silver body paint to represent the character. That doesnt mean SS has more focus.

P.S. never said their powers were boring. Another made up claim. There is a lot you can do with invisibility that is cool and not boring. Ultimately though it is the absence of something so hard to be visually stunned by something you can't see. However there is still a lot you can do with it to make it interesting as one can enjoy something even if it isnt visually stunning. Not sure why this confuses you guys.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-18-2017 at 10:15 AM.

BANNED

Professor X doesn't have visually stunning powers. Is that a negative comment or simply a statement of my opinion? Again you guys are overly defensive. There is nothing wrong with me thinking a telepath's powers are not that stunning and I can still like a character whose powers aren't stunning as that is not a requirement for me to like a character.
    Professor Xavier stopping a museum full of people was visually stunning enough be given quite a few seconds worth of screen time. And then there's the whole realm of possibilities of what can happen when we include the Astral Plane (though not his power directly, he can alter it).

I think you're confusing "not visually stunning" with "I can't think of any possible way this could be visually stunning" or "I don't think they'll do that for a movie" (which seems like a pessimistic approach, to me).

Could you list something you find visually stunning, other than explosions and H2H combat?

Professor Xavier stopping a museum full of people was visually stunning enough be given quite a few seconds worth of screen time. And then there's the whole realm of possibilities of what can happen when we include the Astral Plane (though not his power directly, he can alter it).

I think you're confusing "not visually stunning" with "I can't think of any possible way this could be visually stunning" or "I don't think they'll do that for a movie" (which seems like a pessimistic approach, to me).

Could you list something you find visually stunning, other than explosions and H2H combat?
    I think you are confusing your opinion with mine. What you find visually stunning is not the same as me and that is fine. You can't force me to like what you do.

My favorite movie is Usual Suspects. It has no big fight scene nor is it visually stunning to me. It is just a cleverly told movie.

So you guys are again getting defensive. I don't personally care if a movie is visually stunning or not. I think Disney does because they said they are in the business of making tentpole films.

And anything I comment on is going to be limited to what I can imagine since I am me. I don't have telepathy to imagine what other people can imagine. I can only speculate based on my imagination. That is true for everyone.

If you can imagine all these visually stunning things then take comfort in that and be happy humans are unique individuals.

BANNED

I think you are confusing your opinion with mine. What you find visually stunning is not the same as me and that is fine. You can't force me to like what you do.
    You're right. I think you have a very narrow view of what is visually stunning. You like what you like, and that's fine; but I think if you were open to other things, you might enjoy more things.

But it's probably not best to start a discussion by telling someone that they're wrong in their opinion of what is visually stunning.

Astonishing Member

Marvel Conquers.jpg

I still can't believe Marvel got the rights back.

Fantastic Member

I just want Daniel Day Lewis to play Magneto