Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2243

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly. I'm just enjoying these comments. when disney seals the deal I will love to see what Tarantino and others have to say lol
    Considering Comcast wants to outbid Disney, not sure what to expect next.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Considering Comcast wants to outbid Disney, not sure what to expect next.
    They're just raising price at Disney which wants all the Fox I.P.'s not just Marvel or Star Wars as they go into Streaming. Fox wants the Deal Disney wants the deal and since it doesn't involve Telecommunications the government will 9 out of 10 let it go through Disney just might have to spend a few billion more for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They're just raising price at Disney which wants all the Fox I.P.'s not just Marvel or Star Wars as they go into Streaming. Fox wants the Deal Disney wants the deal and since it doesn't involve Telecommunications the government will 9 out of 10 let it go through Disney just might have to spend a few billion more for it.
    I rather keep it more optimistic, what I know is Comcast will be better for x-men, comcast wants to bid, I hope the bid works for them.
    Comcast can guarantee me another Logan or X2/DOFP, Disney can't.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-23-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I rather keep it more optimistic, what I know is Comcast will better for x-men, comcast wants to bid, I hope the bid works for them.
    Comcast can guarantee me another Logan or X2/DOFP, Disney can't.
    That's because you apparently aren't a Comcast customer or haven't had to deal with their customer service. You'd rather the X-Men go to Uwe Boll than Disney I'll wager, such is your profound irrational hatred for the company, or anything that might remotely cater to kids. Which is very, very odd. You constantly ignore us when we call out your inconsistencies in your arguments such as you previously using the X-Men animated series by Fox KIDS to prop up your point at the time and then turn around and bash Disney for releasing content geared toward 'children' as you put it.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 05-23-2018 at 10:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    That's because you apparently aren't a Comcast customer or haven't had to deal with their customer service. You'd rather the X-Men go to Uwe Boll than Disney I'll wager, such is your profound irrational hatred for the company, or anything that might remotely cater to kids. Which is very, very odd. You constantly ignore us when we call out your inconsistencies in your arguments such as you previously using the X-Men animated series by Fox KIDS to prop up your point at the time and then turn around and bash Disney for releasing content geared toward 'children' as you put it.
    X2 caters to kids since it is rated PG. tough I think Disney would have problems with the movie due to scenes like this. tone and appearance of course is another factor. X-Men movies are raw and gritter , that suits xmen better. Disney does not make these type of movies. Comcast can. Comcast won't even care, they will let the directors do what they want.

I never said I had an irrational hatred for disney. I said Disney is not good for X-men. Comcast will be better.

I never said I hate movies that cater to kids, I said xmen are not the movies to be doing so with Disney. if xmen movies tries to cater to kids with the disney handout, the movies will end up like Batman and Robin or Avengers.

I proped up 90s cartoon due to the mature content, Something not present in any Disney movies.

As you are the person that made a thread asking how people got into xmen? those that said because of the 90s cartoon said so because they were blown away by the maturity of the cartoon that did also cater to kids. You should re-read your thread.

Please stop making stuff up about me. All I care about now is Comcast making their 60 billion dollar bid and winning.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-23-2018 at 11:09 PM.

A factor that I find funny that most MCU fans don't realize is that MCU targets audience who don't care for content because they are below 12-10 and can't even enter the cinema without their parents. When your main audience are in this condition due to just being young and you realize that your main audience really don't care for content you get sloppy. Everyone is wearing customes and ones the kids see the customes they wanna watch. There is seriously nothing to discuss content wise.

How do you think Black panther sold tickets.. IT WAS kids worldwide. Chinese kids, American kids, European kids etc etc. Telling their parents I wanna watch this because his wearing a superhero suit and kids are easily predictable they go for superheroes wearing suits and customes. This is the tactics used by MCU very predictable and boring using kids as their main customers. They don't even care about their adult audience as you can see how low the content is intellectually and just very light overall for an adult
    Last edited by ComicJoe; 05-23-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJoe View Post
    A factor that I find funny that most MCU fans don't realize is that MCU targets audience who don't care for content because they are below 12-10 and can't even enter the cinema without their parents. When your main audience are in this condition due to just being young and you realize that your main audience really don't care for content you get sloppy. Everyone is wearing customes and ones the kids see the customes they wanna watch. There is seriously nothing to discuss content wise.

How do you think Black panther sold tickets.. IT WAS kids worldwide. Chinese kids, American kids, European kids etc etc. Telling their parents I wanna watch this because his wearing a superhero suit and kids are easily predictable they go for superheroes wearing suits and customes. This is the tactics used by MCU very predictable and boring using kids as their main customers. They don't even care about their adult audience as you can see how low the content is intellectually and just very light overall for an adult
    blsck pantherv did so well world wide because it was a criticaly acclaimed movie made up of an all black cast, directed by a black director and was a superhero movie which touched upon African/African American themes. it was something Hollywood said could never happen. so this idea that kids saw this is really farfetched especially conferring the material in the movie was far from kiddie oriented.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    blsck pantherv did so well world wide because it was a criticaly acclaimed movie made up of an all black cast, directed by a black director and was a superhero movie which touched upon African/African American themes. it was something Hollywood said could never happen. so this idea that kids saw this is really farfetched especially conferring the material in the movie was far from kiddie oriented.
    It's the same for Iron man and Captain America. I admit Spiderman seemed to have some sort of depth but not the other films. They use the same marketing tactics. ''SELL WITH SUPERHERO CUSTOMES TO KIDS'' This is the protocol they follow.

They could make the worst movie of all times and still get away with it as long as it has superhero customes. Their audience will be there regardless because they don't consume good content hence they are very very young audience.

Awesome customes, Gun fights, and action here and there. they are happy for that day. No story development is necessary
    Last edited by ComicJoe; 05-23-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Let's not act here like the X-Movies have some sort of development beyond X2-X3 lmao.

This Dark Phoenix movie is not even being developed anywhere. Being used as a plot device from the previous movie is not enough to warrant a movie about this. X2 had a great development for Jean to warrant DP in X3. This time skip from Apocalypse to DP is just them being clueless and desperate.

If IW is not considered story development for the whole Avengers-related franchise, then I'd want that level for X-Men. I'm sorry, but Fox can only muster one good movie in every 3 years, let's not pretend they're releasing Oscars material on all their Marvel movies.

BANNED

It's the same for Iron man and Captain America. I admit Spiderman seemed to have some sort of depth but not the other films. They use the same marketing tactics. ''SELL WITH SUPERHERO CUSTOMES TO KIDS'' This is the protocol they follow.

They could make the worst movie of all times and still get away with it as long as it has superhero customes. Their audience will be there regardless because they don't consume good content hence they are very very young audience.

Awesome customes, Gun fights, and action here and there. they are happy for that day. No story development is necessary
    There is so much truth to what you are saying.

If there was ever an xmen movie with an all black cast, I would like to see it touch on themes that could rival the color purple and django unchained. Black Panther is derivate at the very core. Kids are going to know more about Vibranium and superhero gimmicks than African American themes. A kid can learn about holocaust from the first 5 minutes of X-Men 1 or X-Men First Class, because X-men movies make their themes compelling. Their themes are the stories not the afterthought.

A lot of MCU fans to me don't want to just understand the concept of xmen the way we do. those that have are now saying, concept should matter because xmen needs merchandise and appealing to kids (Disney Style) are important. Some of these people also have these bizarre fascination with costumes though costume has hardly ever contributed to anything important not to mention the fine line of adapting on paper to film that changes a lot automatically. I want kids to learn about the world from xmen not force their parents to buy them superhero costumes. If these people care about kids, they will want the mind of kids to be enlightened.

As a child, Nightcrawler and Xavier thought me a lot about spirituality and kindness from watching the 90s cartoons and later the movies. What are kids learning today than seeing propaganda to buy toys from watching GOTG with groot dancing for 5 minutes unnecessarily . You are right on the marketing tactics to the point now I have labelled Dinsey movies as publicity stunts than actual films.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-24-2018 at 12:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

For the sake of the comic industry I hope the deal goes thru for Disney. I don't want to go thru that crap of Marvel brushing aside the X-Men for other IP's that they could possibly push onscreen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    For the sake of the comic industry I hope the deal goes thru for Disney. I don't want to go thru that crap of Marvel brushing aside the X-Men for other IP's that they could possibly push onscreen.
    And for the sake of the comic industry, I hope the deal fails so comic book movies can maintain some level of credibility and diversity of films.

Disney already tried to push xmen asides for inhumans that failed. it did not put the industry at stake either. what is putting the industry at stake is the poor artistic reception of superhero movies no thanks to Disney. Comcast can keep the legitimacy of the industry alive by making authentic comic movies. The comic industry needs more Logans and Dark knights.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-24-2018 at 01:18 AM.

BANNED

MCU movies like Black Panther are PG13 because mcu mostly targets almost all audience. Excatly like Fox.
    Disney has other franchises for kids (especially animations).
    How do you think Black panther sold tickets.. IT WAS kids worldwide. Chinese kids, American kids, European kids
    actually that was mostly because more black people(mostly is us) and women go to the cinema to watch this movie.
    This is the tactics used by MCU very predictable and boring using kids as their main customers. They don't even care about their adult audience as you can see how low the content is intellectually and just very light overall for an adult
    light means kids?
    wow
    I didn't know that all romantic comedies are for 10 years old kids
    maybe american pie is also for kids?

and what about sloppy fox and repeating plots in x-men movies?
    Last edited by Xelossik; 05-24-2018 at 02:00 AM.

Comcast busting in on Disney's schemes like Bitch Pudding

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Let's not act here like the X-Movies have some sort of development beyond X2-X3 lmao.

This Dark Phoenix movie is not even being developed anywhere. Being used as a plot device from the previous movie is not enough to warrant a movie about this. X2 had a great development for Jean to warrant DP in X3. This time skip from Apocalypse to DP is just them being clueless and desperate.
    Exactly. Dark Phoenix loses most of it's impact if you don't care about Jean and Scott on a personal level. It's why, as someone who has Jean as their favorite character and actually thinks Sophie is a perfect choice for the role, I'm not really that excited. Even if ends up being like the epitome of art cinema, MCU would have known better than to do that story right after the main character was just introduced.