Page 100 of 150 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2243

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It might be too late to use the Infinity Gauntlet. I doubt we will see it again after Avengers 4.
    I think they can slip in a nice little teaser in time for May. Definitely in time for Avengers 4.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It'll be someone simple I bet like Vulture in Spider-Man. Maybe the Vanisher??
    I hope they don't do that. Vanisher is a petty thief in those old stories. I think you have to establish some kind of baseline for mutant oppression for the X-Men to really work. Killer robots from a secret government/corporate entity seems very MCU appropriate(see Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1,2,3, Age of Ultron).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope they don't do that. Vanisher is a petty thief in those old stories. I think you have to establish some kind of baseline for mutant oppression for the X-Men to really work. Killer robots from a secret government/corporate entity seems very MCU appropriate(see Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1,2,3, Age of Ultron).
    But you gotta set a reason for that oppression, magneto killing humans left and right makes for a possible cause

I wouldn't use house of M but instead another Scarlet Witch story idea. I'd do a film centered on Scarlet Witch and Vision going to Sokovia after Avengers 4. She wants to visit her homeland and see how rebuilding has been going once there they discover people are going missing and investigate which leads them to Wundagore Mountain. There they meet the High Evolutionary and his creations who knows of her and reveals he was behind her birth having known her real mother. Wanda is shocked her and Pietro were adopted also there are hints to Magneto the High Evolutionary also reveals the reason she and Quicksilver survived the Hydra experiments when the others died because they had latent mutant genes like many do he tells her of mutants and how there are only a few hundred as of now and how they live in hiding some in plain sight as freaks we see sideshows with Toad and Blob also Nightcrawler in a circus, some in the shadows we see the Morlocks, some held by the governments we see a hand and three metal claws pop out, some bidding their time we see Magneto, Mystique, and Destiny, & some looking to come out of the shadows and stop the hiding we see Professor X. Then he tells her by using her DNA and it's ability to go from latent to active mutant genes and her powers to change probability he wild bring forth the age of mutants by making the number go from hundreds to thousands maybe millions. He hooks her up to a machine it actives a wave at that goes across the globe Vision saves her as the strain of the machine is killing her and they destroy the High Evolutionary Tower in the Mountain. Wanda wonders if he did change the world we then see a boy who eyes fire red beams, a boy turn into a blue beast, a girl in Africa wishing a drought would end and it rains, a young man in Russian saving his sister from a tractor and turns to metal, a girl falls thru her bed and lands in her living room, a boy turns his school pool to ice, a girl kisses her boyfriend and he passes out, a boy at a prep school sprouts wings, a red head girl is screaming get out holding her head, and finally Xavier in Cerebro and he says "I have to get to them before he does" end.

Maybe the next X-Men movie will now have a strong black character not named storm written into script.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Maybe the next X-Men movie will now have a strong black character not named storm written into script.
    Any candidates?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    But you gotta set a reason for that oppression, magneto killing humans left and right makes for a possible cause
    That can be the teaser in Avengers 3/4. Magneto attacking a missile base. The first full X-Men movie(set a few months after that 9/11 like watershed) shows how that action sparks anti-mutant hysteria(which we will see in the various recruitment scenes, particularly Nightcrawler being attacked by a mob).

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    A not-blown-up black X-Man(male) would be great to see for once.

BANNED

That can be the teaser in Avengers 3/4. Magneto attacking a missile base. The first full X-Men movie(set a few months after that 9/11 like watershed) shows how that action sparks anti-mutant hysteria(which we will see in the various recruitment scenes, particularly Nightcrawler being attacked by a mob).
    I've always thought of the concept of Ouroboros regarding mutant hysteria, dangerous mutant appears, X men fight them and they're powerful and uncontrollable and more bad guys appear to challenge the X men... Its great the X men are protecting people but those people fear their power because the government can't regulate them or police them, and if they try it's very likely they'll go rogue... So what to do?

As for an strong black character

She's the strongest there is, sorry Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I've always thought of the concept of Ouroboros regarding mutant hysteria, dangerous mutant appears, X men fight them and they're powerful and uncontrollable and more bad guys appear to challenge the X men... Its great the X men are protecting people but those people fear their power because the government can't regulate them or police them, and if they try it's very likely they'll go rogue... So what to do?

As for an strong black character

She's the strongest there is, sorry Colossus
    Frenzy is just as problematic as Storm in her own way, epitomizing the 'angry black woman' trope.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-18-2017 at 09:32 PM.

As for the X-Men and their power being feared, that's intrinsic to their concept. It will be interesting to see how the MCU deals with that, especially considering they already have a Sokovia Accord(based on the Mutant Registration Act from the old school comics). The Avengers fell under government auspices from the start in the MCU(founded by SHIELD), but they did have Cap rebel. Xavier's dream is ultimately one of unity, but he has always been willing to do whatever it takes to get there(including introducing a computer virus into the Pentagon to erase all files about his X-Men, let alone mind-wiping whole towns along the way). Some of the best X-Men runs featured them as outlaws, but will Disney allow for that in this day and age?

BANNED

Frenzy is just as problematic as Storm in her own way, epitomizing the 'angry black woman' troupe.
    So did luke cage in his Early appearances, but he moved beyond that. Also if marvel can do something is to take meh characters and make them sympathetic... There's the issues with frenzy being angry, but if there's a valid reason for that anger and it's turned into something positive at the end there's no hurt done.. Plus tropes are not bad when used correctly and not using certain characteristics for fear of pissing off people is what got us lame-o tiana in the princess and the frog while Prince naveen and the villain were super cool

I just don't think Frenzy has the character history to push(she was a henchwoman villain for most of her time, then only had AoX as Cyke's lover, then a few stories just after as a bitter ex). I mean, if you want a strong black female, Monet is right there and is much more storied. Cipher is basically just a character design with cool powers, but she could have great potential because she has no negative backstories. The sky is the limit.

The X-Men still need a black male, though. Bishop can definitely work, especially if they go more District X, but his future origins get complicated. Of course, Roberto was the first black male mutant of interest, but Fox made sure to erase him from the running in all of their versions by making him lightskinned Latino. Then there is Bedlam, who also isn't very storied, but has some cool powers that could be slightly tweaked to make him a true powerhouse in the modern technological age. Synch is another possibility; his power signature is visually stunning, and his personality very Disney, but unless he starts retaining powers, he presents huge drawbacks(as we saw in his Gen X demise).

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Wanda birthing the mutants hell to the nah...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Wanda birthing the mutants hell to the nah...
    I was thinking more of the lines that it be a prequel movie and reveal that the MCU is a fake reality.