Page 129 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2243

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Interesting that they could be integrating X-men as early as phase 4 in mcu.

I mean I figured after the deal went through they’d let property cool off for a while but sounds like that may not be true. I’m fine with it as long as it isn’t rushed.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I mean I figured after the deal went through they’d let property cool off for a while but sounds like that may not be true. I’m fine with it as long as it isn’t rushed.
    as long as they do a full reboot of cast and bring nothing over from foxmen I will be happy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It would be rushed, Disney feeds of smashing everything together because it makes them the most money and creates buzz. They did not hesitate to shove Spiderman into Civil War unnecessarily asap. Woody Allen once called it a factory , everything smashed all at one at that price will come the loss of any real artistic direction or actual substance of true filmmaking.
    If Disney bought Star Trek chances are they will quickly make star trek vs star wars movies and put the philosophy and hard science of star trek to a back burner. This fate awaits their X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 04-30-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

You forget that Fox also owns F4.

My guess is that they will be integrating mutants into Phase 4. They'll be open to any pitch, so if someone wants to do Young Avengers there isn't any issues with mutants. If Captain Marvel does well, then Rogue could be introduced in the sequel if someone has a good idea. They like to introduce characters and then spin them off, but its done in a way to really promote the solo character. The way Tom Holland's Spidy was introduced did work, even if it was a little forced.

IMO, the best way to introduce mutants into the MCU is as villains. Mystique (probably recast) as leader of a Brotherhood of (Evil) Mutants sets up Rogue to attack Carol at the end of Captain Marvel II. Why are Avengers beloved and mutants hated - because the public (and the Avengers) initial conflicts with them are them are as the bad guys. Then Rogue joining the X-Men (essentially Uncanny X-Men 171) starts the first Marvel X-Men film.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    No they have film rights which are licensed there's a big difference between that owns.

BANNED

When was this ever even vaguely suggested?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post

Woody Allen does not mention Avengers by name he calls it the billion dollar movie that is a factory production insisting it has nothing to do with serious film making but money taking and said worse things than Cameron did about Marvel movies.
    He does nothing of the sort.
    He doesn't mention Marvel, the MCU, or even the superhero genre. He just slams blockbuster movies, like he has always done, even before the current age of superhero movies was a thing. He's not slamming the MCU. He's slamming the MCU, the Fox-verse, Star Wars, the DCEU, James Bond, practically anything James Cameron has ever done, the Dark Knight trilogy and so on...

And he probably should be sharing a cell with Roman Polanski.
    Last edited by Carabas; 04-30-2018 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    If Disney bought Star Trek chances are they will quickly make star trek vs star wars movies and put the philosophy and hard science of star trek to a back bunner. This fate awaits their X-Men movies.
    This is true. You can tell from when they made Mickey Mouse an Avenger in the comics and had the Guardians Of The Galaxy fight Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This is true. You can tell from when they made Mickey Mouse an Avenger in the comics and had the Guardians Of The Galaxy fight Darth Vader.
    Is it wrong I'm now interested in seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy fight Darth Vader?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I thought another company (Constantin?) owned the film rights, and they just went through Fox to produce the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I thought another company (Constantin?) owned the film rights, and they just went through Fox to produce the movies?
    I think I read somewhere that Constatin sold the rights to Fox. Either way Disney gets the rights back as they are buying the entire company which would include any contracts Fox has, like the one with Constatin. Also, if the problem with the FF rights was solely Constatin then Disney would have bought them ages ago as Constatin is a struggling company. The problem was always Fox, so this deal solves that issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

When was this ever even vaguely suggested?
    Sorry I provided the wrong link

Here:

https://shadowandact.com/report-x-me...rges-with-mcu/

Note that I did say “if true” though. But it’s not far fetched.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

He does nothing of the sort.
    He doesn't mention Marvel, the MCU, or even the superhero genre. He just slams blockbuster movies, like he has always done, even before the current age of superhero movies was a thing. He's not slamming the MCU. He's slamming the MCU, the Fox-verse, Star Wars, the DCEU, James Bond, practically anything James Cameron has ever done, the Dark Knight trilogy and so on...

And he probably should be sharing a cell with Roman Polanski.
    Should be, but Polanski's not in a cell either....drat...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Sorry I provided the wrong link

Here:

https://shadowandact.com/report-x-me...rges-with-mcu/

Note that I did say “if true” though. But it’s not far fetched.
    Yeah, there are several problems with that. Most notablely New Mutants being released after Dark Phoenix and the fact that they are still shooting films.