Page 31 of 150 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    It says it's source is CNBC, but CNBC didn't report anything yet.
    Yeah I think we need something more concrete lol.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    So now it's just a matter of time before they officially announce canceling Gifted, which is the last time we'll ever see Polaris in anything beyond being a cameo or minor supporting character for other characters like Havok.

There will be a burst of activity X-Men fans applaud for a few years here so Marvel can make a good impression in the general public. Then, everything will dwindle down. There will be fewer projects for the X-Men franchise, and what projects do happen will feature only characters Disney/Marvel consider A-listers and "worthy" of being used. Any characters outside that umbrella are screwed.

I suppose the one saving grace I can take out of this is that at least Fox and Matt Nix did something with Polaris and we got a season out of it before Marvel could tear it all to shreds like they always do. Like they did in canceling Wolverine and the X-Men, canceling Jeff Parker's Exiles book, so many other things.

For people who think I'm overreacting: Disney is a cancel-happy company that has no qualms whatsoever with shutting things down abruptly for no good reason. Their decision to very abruptly shut down Lucasarts - despite having games in the works - when they acquired the rights to Star Wars is why I haven't bought any Star Wars games since. Just recently, they abruptly shut down Marvel Heroes just a week before Thanksgiving, causing Gazillion Entertainment to shut down and many of its employees scrambling to figure out where they're gonna go to not just continue employment, but get the health care they need. One of Gazillion's employees in particular noted their worry about whether or not they'll even be able to get insulin.

If Disney is that callous with actual people's lives, what chance is there for a fictional character that Marvel has a decades-long history of treating poorly and not acknowledging her value and potential?

I'm sure there will be cartoons and games now, of course. But as said before: it'll focus on characters considered A-listers. And various things are going to get shut down abruptly regardless of quality or how it affects anyone involved in those projects.
    Wolverine and the X-men wasn't as good X-men TAS or even X-men Evolution. It wasn't as good as shows like Justice League unlimited or even Young Justice. Thats what they get for trying to put Wolverine front and center. Having him lead a team that Cyclops is on was laughable. It got cancelled because of the script, not because of Disney management.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

"Which means Disney will officially own most of Marvel's cinematic characters namely the Avengers, X-Men and Deadpool, to name a few."

I haven't really been following any of this to be honest so i ask, can someone ELI5 which characters Marvel still won't have the rights for?

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I just want the official confirmation and what this means moving forward.
    It’s the resummerizing of a CNBC report many already seen.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Wolverine and the X-men wasn't as good X-men TAS or even X-men Evolution.

WatX > Evo imo. I liked X-MEN Anime too

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm not seeing this being reported as confirmed anywhere else, so for the moment I'll keep the champagne in the fridge.

BANNED

About time
    Now cancel Dark Phoenix before they spend 100m+ in post production + 100m in publicity for a risky movie

BANNED

This thread is at 30 comments and nobody mentioned that this article is a day old.

No wonder American got suckered into voting for an orange ape thanks to fake news.

Last edited by Crimz; 12-07-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I guess that's my Gambit movie done for...I have been patiently waiting since 2014 for this.
    L'Enfer !

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

What will that mean for movies like New Mutants, X-FORCE and Gambit?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This thread is at 30 comments and nobody mentioned that this article is a day old.

No wonder American got suckered into voting for an orange ape thanks to fake news.
    So it's the same thing we read yesterday right? I did saw a lot of people claiming as confirmed already after the report that it would be announced soon lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

By CNN and new york post no less

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    "Which means Disney will officially own most of Marvel's cinematic characters namely the Avengers, X-Men and Deadpool, to name a few."

I haven't really been following any of this to be honest so i ask, can someone ELI5 which characters Marvel still won't have the rights for?
    They don't own Spider-Man, they have a collaboration with those that do.