Page 39 of 150 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Iron Fist was also the most watched of the four solo series. And let's not forget that Luke Cage broke Netflix while both Daredevil seasons and Jessica Jones were massively acclaimed critically. Defenders was more lukewarm.
    Netflix doesnt reveal info on viewership. It was just some analytics firm that is guessing.

Further viewership is largely irrelevant as it is a subscription service. What would be more relevant is how many people get netflix because of Iron Fist.

For example I had my subscription long before Iron Fist. I watched some of it when I was bored and that shit was straight garbage. If it were on network TV I would not bothering watching it, DVRing it or finding it on On Demand. Since it was on Netflix and came out when most other shows are on hiatus I gave it a chance.

That doesnt mean it was great TV as the critic reviews can attest to.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It won't be desperate pleading when Comcast beats the odds and owns Fox assets proving you wrong. It just seems too good to be true.
    I feel the same way. something is not right. seems like fox is just moving along with dark phoenix, new mutants, james franco multiple man like any other day in our enclosed xmen world where nothing but xmen exist and here we are getting bombade by,.....xmen must make avengers movies asap. its all kind of weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Netflix doesnt reveal info on viewership. It was just some analytics firm that is guessing.

Further viewership is largely irrelevant as it is a subscription service. What would be more relevant is how many people get netflix because of Iron Fist.

For example I had my subscription long before Iron Fist. I watched some of it when I was bored and that shit was straight garbage. If it were on network TV I would not bothering watching it, DVRing it or finding it on On Demand. Since it was on Netflix and came out when most other shows are on hiatus I gave it a chance.

That doesnt mean it was great TV as the critic reviews can attest to.
    Ah I see, thanks for clarifying about all that. TV shows don't always have to be great though just because they're getting high ratings. And vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I feel the same way. something is not right. seems like fox is just moving along with dark phoenix, new mutants, james franco multiple man like any other day in our enclosed xmen world where nothing but xmen exist and here we are getting bombade by,.....xmen must make avengers movies asap. its all kind of weird.
    According to some poster, James Franco won't be around much longer either.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying about all that. TV shows don't always have to be great though just because they're getting high ratings. And vice-versa.
    Ratings we all know are not a sign of quality, they are a sign of how much public interest a show has garnered. On the score of public attention shows can only be compared to one another based on the ratings we have which doesn't include numbers we don't have even from The Gifted like their Hulu numbers or watching online.

Regardless of the network and cable TV shows all of them have been suffering hard this year. Peak TV and a glut of shows on various platforms has been doing all around damage by dividing up the market place.

It will be interesting to see if Marvel gives The Gifted a chance to work out the kinks or not. If it were just up to the ratings the answer would be yes based on what all the chatter has been from the network and my own look at the ratings.

But, on some level no Marvel hasn't been entirely happy about the show else wise it would have the title on it X-Men: The Gifted. Might they be happier if Disney owns the production company its being filmed on? Maybe, but Marvel still might not be happy if its airing on a network not owned by its parent company as ABC is... we will see.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-07-2017 at 08:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Ratings we all know are not a sign of quality, they are a sign of how much public interest a show has garnered. On the score of public attention shows can only be compared to one another based on the ratings we have which doesn't include numbers we don't have even from The Gifted like their Hulu numbers or watching online.

Regardless of the network and cable TV shows all of them have been suffering hard this year. Peak TV and a glut of shows on various platforms has been doing all around damage by dividing up the market place.

It will be interesting to see if Marvel gives The Gifted a chance to work out the kinks or not. If it were just up to the ratings the answer would be yes based on what all the chatter has been from the network and my own look at the ratings.

But, on some level no Marvel hasn't been entirely happy about the show else wise it would have the title on it X-Men: The Gifted. Might they be happier if Disney owns the production company its being filmed on? Maybe, but Marvel still might not be happy if its airing on a network not owned by its parent company as ABC is... we will see.
    I'm guessing the name was because since Marvel didn't own the X-Men movie rights, they weren't particularly interested in promoting it either in the form of a TV show.

It's possible that Disney could work out a way to get The Gifted to move over to ABC, although I know their deal has nothing to do with TV. I know Supergirl moved from NBC to the CW, but I think it had some connection to the CW even before the move anyway.

I'm guessing the name was because since Marvel didn't own the X-Men movie rights, they weren't particularly interested in promoting it either in the form of a TV show.
    My sense in regard to The Gifted was Marvel/Disney liked the money and they liked the talks being a foot in the door possibly into discussions that might have helped facilitate the buy out talks, but were less enthused about the show not being on a Disney owned company lot to date (which might change) or where it was airing.

It's possible that Disney could work out a way to get The Gifted to move over to ABC, although I know their deal has nothing to do with TV. I know Supergirl moved from NBC to the CW, but I think it had some connection to the CW even before the move anyway.
    We know alot of Fox owned cable channels will get bought out by the proposed deal, perhaps even FX though we don't know for certain. One can only wait and see at this point.

BANNED

Marvel TV is separate from the movies so Iron Fist doesn't count and he was always white in the comics. The Ancient One is something you are correct about, but Disney has made one mistake, unlike Fox with all their mistakes. The Marvel movies are kept closely under wraps because people actually care about them, unlike the Fox-men films lol. Next you will say that because the Star Wars films are so secretive and since we know nothing about most of the future films, like the new trilogy, no one must obviously care about Star Wars either.

The original Spider-Man trilogy was best, but it was too late to go back to that after the ASM reboot which was awful and Homecoming beat it in every way. Plus the original Spider-Man trilogy wouldn't have fit into the MCU, even if they could bring it back, which no one could. Thor's critical reception is nothing like the reception for Thor: Ragnarok which got raving reviews.

Disney cannot make the movie of Messiah Complex, because that storyline could not exist without House of M. So until Disney makes House of M, they cannot make Messiah Complex. But fans like you are so against that.

The Phoenix Force is cosmic, not supernatural. That makes it more like the movies you hate so much like Thor: Ragnarok and GOTG. Iron Man was necessary for Civil War. You can't have Civil War without two opposing sides, namely Cap and Iron Man. Like how Schism needs two opposing sides whether it's Wolverine-Cyclops or Professor X-Magneto.

Pixar always had a separate identity from Disney from the beginning, but every Disney animation fan can tell you that the second Disney bought Pixar, the lines between the two began to blur. This is why Brave is often mislabeled a Disney animation film while people think Wreck-It Ralph is Pixar. Or how Planes was thought to be Pixar. Or how Merida from Brave is a Disney Princess. Or how the Frozen holiday special with Olaf was the short they showed before Pixar's Coco. Not to mention, people complaining that John Lasseter brought too much of a Pixar touch to Disney films which is why all the latest films have followed the Pixar trend of being buddy-comedies (always a road trip featuring 2 characters).

Marvel is not lacking right now and everyone said they don't need the X-Men, but that doesn't mean they don't want them. They know the X-Men still sells and still has a huge fanbase.

You obsess over Logan too much. As people have said, it was a good film, but not nearly as groundbreaking as people claim it to be. The Inhumans have never been popular since their inception in the 60s and have failed always when it comes to solos as well. You are comparing Marvel's worst show to Fox's two shows. There is a huge disparity in numbers and most people have at least heard of Marvel's best shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage) unlike Legion or The Gifted, two mediocre shows with less than stellar ratings. Also everything you listed had comedy, especially Deadpool.

I love how you haven't even seen New Mutants yet but claim it is deep and psychological. The only thing that can be said for sure about it, is that it is racist. Ant-Man wasn't a saving the world story. Neither was Spider-Man: Homecoming, at least not on the typical save the world/galaxy/universe scale. You have no idea if New Mutants will be or not either at this point
    I will keep this derivate.
    1. Marvel tv shows been separate is not relevant. It is still numarvel and if Disney gets xmen it is likely unique shows like legion will die and we will get impractical mutant show all lumped up with luke cage, iron fist and the rest and legion does not deserved that.

2. It was not too late to go back is like saying after the Micheal Schummehars batman movies, it was too late to go back to burton. No you get a Nolan. Spiderman needed a Nolan. Not the MCU. Just like xmen needs a Nolan, not an mcu. The xforce guys has the potential of a Nolan.

3. No, Disney cannot make a movie about messiah complex because Disney will not allow marauders trying to kill babies, a dystopian earth like future, Bishop trying got kill a baby and just let cable be cable. That is too heavy for a Disney movie that from now on are comedies. They do not need house of m. They made civil war without many of the characters not in the book. They made ultron with no hank pym. Also fox has the right to wanda, they can create their own wanda.

you know disney cannot make that story arc so you call it trashed. and that reflects poorly on disney.

4. Yes, cosmic but still supernatural in the sense that it is not a mutation and it has many powers out of the ordinary that just cosmic as in an alien from gotg. The phoenix is god like and that is supernatural

5. The line between Disney and pixar did not blur much as pixar had a better body of work. And if the line did blur it only means fox will not want that and why should the line blur, the xmen stories do not deserved that. Coming off films like X2, DOFP or Logan.

6. Nah, i doubt it. If everyone says they dont need xmen this thread will not even exist i will not even have to be replying to these comments where xmen is getting so be-littled on a forum as big as the marvel own foum. Yikes. A bonus point that xmen did outgrow marvel but Why is this energy not forcused on f4? Why xmen? They need f4 more. But know, everyone wants xmen. Its getting way too iririating.

I do not obsessed about logan, i see logan as a long line of serious comic films that shined even brighter in the midst of the formula light comedy comic films. as an xmen fan we expect this type talk because it reflects how xmen outgrew marvel. They are not the same anymore.logan was ground breaking film .

And i don’t care about inhumans, Marvel should make inhumans movies and leave us alone. And there we are again with the let beltiitle xmen. Legion is the best show marvel has ever produced from an artistic , visual and impressive story telling stand point.. Calling legion mediocre and dareveril, Jessica jones and like cage good makes no sense. That is justai mcu guy attacking xmen for leaving marvel behind again and outgrowing marvel. Gifted is on par with daredevil Jessica jones not really luke cage. Legion is a visionary show masterminded by noah hawlay. Daredevil, Jessica jones and luke cage and good comic street comic show .

Deadpool is sadistic comedy. The comedy in deadpool is not meant to dumb the movie down like the marvel movies use of comedy.
    No i have not seen mew mutants but i know the comics, i know the director is a fan and I know he wants to do right. The point is that the purpose of the movie is to be deep and psychological and not some big save the world again from aliens again. That has already put new mutants at a better advantage than all the comic film next year and most importantly , it is true to the source material that disney will never do since Disney does not do horror and the comic is horror

and it is a good luagh going around random xmen thread constantly hating on the xmen movies and saying mcu will give gambit a good rolee though a contradiction because disney cannot make a gambit movie like it should be because gambit is more like supehero meeting goodfellas. i dont think xmen fans will see that as good ridance. they care to much about his back story.

all in all the xmen lore contunues to reflect poorly on disney and this line will be drawn sooner. the more i read your comments, the more it is making sense why else for all this non xmen stuff trying to look passible in xmen when it is not even to the point of calling xmen comics trash when without those comics, there are no movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Why do you want my thread to get closed so badly? :-(
    it reflects poorly because disney cannot make xmen movies and stay true to the xmen tone. . saying how poorly disney will handle xmen stories because they are restricted by many factors is part of why the thread is open so we can dicuss it. i.e. new mutants and many more xmen goodies.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-07-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

all in all the xmen lore contunues to reflect poorly on disney and this line will be drawn sooner.

Why do you want my thread to get closed so badly? :-(

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Still, apples & oranges tho, when comparing to traditional broadcast & cable numbers. Netflix's would be a culmination, I would think. To do the same for The Gifted, you'd have to take into account delayed viewing, on demand, & streaming, not just the overnights. Which are fadin' fast, will be outmoded soon enough, and then take a backseat to/be replaced by, the other formats mentioned. Trends are not encouraging for the old school way of doin' things, times are a changin', and they're changin' REAL fast.

Train wreck rubbernecking mostly, nothing more.
    some people seem to forget gifted did better than inhumans in the end which will always be an embrassment for marvel espically with Ike Plummter.

they have been screaming medicore ratings but compared to how marvel tv turned out in 2017? gifted is in a better place. and they just told me they dont want to see xmen get destoryed so why all this venom toward gifted and any xmen tv show or movie? this was just one show that proved xmen and mcu is a no no and that is what is the problem with here. my guess dont dwell to much on it. marvel has a bigger mess to clean up with inhumans and iron fist and the rest. it is not our mess. we are removed from the narrative. even if there was no gifted. there was always xmen tas a show disney has yet to make and will not make should they purchase fox.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-07-2017 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

some people seem to forget gifted did better than inhumans in the end which will always be an embrassment for marvel espically with Ike Plummter.

they have been screaming medicore ratings but compared to how marvel tv turned out in 2017? gifted is in a better place. and they just told me they dont want to see xmen get destoryed so why all this venom toward gifted and any xmen tv show or movie? this was just one show that proved xmen and mcu is a no no and that is what is the problem with here. my guess dont dwell to much on it. marvel has a bigger mess to clean up with inhumans and iron fist and the rest. it is not our mess.
    Wrong name attached. People like being with the in-crowd and MCU is very popular.

Gotta have that Disney name or it is out of style in a very Mean Girls fashion lol

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    You do realize that none of that stuff above happens without Marvel because they own the X-men TV rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Um that’s not how this works Marvel had to specifically allow that to happen just like they’re aren’t any X-men cartoons because marvel won’t allow it. You don’t think Fox would have made one in a split second if they could have.
    Let me put it this way. Gifted was made amid deal-making and negotiations. The situation was such that even if Fox proposed projects Marvel didn't like and would never allow with full control, they allow it because those projects grease the wheels of negotiations - especially here where the negotiation is to flat out buy it all.

Marvel gains control with the buyout. With control, they no longer have to let something happen they don't approve of. They can cancel it, and screw any good it's doing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They allowed garbage like Agents of SHIELD to go for 4 seasons. They have the same stake in Gifted, and have no reason to end it.
    Marvel has a New Mutants comic to tie into the New Mutants film, a Legion comic to tie into the Legion show, and Jean Grey returning to tie into Dark Phoenix. The one outlier is Gifted. For Gifted, they have Blink as a member on Cable's team, Polaris as a minor supporting character on Blue (after two years of forced limbo), and everyone else is completely missing.

Marvel has given away that they don't have any interest in or respect for the show. It doesn't matter that they let Agents of SHIELD keep going. They canceled All-New X-Factor after absolutely refusing to promote it and in some cases bending over backwards to hurt word of mouth, yet kept the Scarlet Witch solo running with heavy promotion for roughly the same length of time despite its sales being around ANXF's worst points starting with SW #2 and onward. You can't look at AoS and say Marvel will treat Gifted that way, because Marvel doesn't actually care about any of that. They like or dislike something from the get-go and either let it keep going in spite of losses or kill it without ever giving it a chance. If it's not canceling Gifted, it'll be doing something that either kicks Polaris off the show or tears her down as a character, because that's what Marvel always does to her. One or the other. But most likely the show canceling.

I already know what Marvel's going to do. I've watched what they've done for the past 8 years, I've seen their patterns, and every time I pretended things might go a different way, they proved me right to doubt them and showed how foolish I was to think they might behave otherwise. Polaris' two year limbo was something I pretended wasn't going to happen, because I chose to be more positive after Secret Wars' use of her. Then they went right into that limbo, exactly as I expected they would. I'm not going to pretend they might do something differently than what I know they're going to do. I'm not going to waste time pretending things will turn out differently anymore.

I've been burned by Marvel. Repeatedly. I don't see Marvel changing and suddenly deciding to treat the things I care about as well as they should have all along with this buyout. I just see a future of countless lost opportunities to match all the lost opportunities I've already seen.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Wrong name attached. People like being with the in-crowd and MCU is very popular.

Gotta have that Disney name or it is out of style in a very Mean Girls fashion lol

if it is a mean girl fashion, we know how that ends right? the mean girls seperated and went their own ways so it is good for xmen in the end. xmen should not even have been brought down to high school level cat fights ie mean girls. the series is above that. its been that way since the 70s.

...james mangold is writing and producing an X23 movie.
    I thought they were just writing the script, meaning that the movie wasn't even green-lit, much less in pre-production. Now, I very badly want to see this one made, pref. as an actual Logan sequel. However, if the end result is Mangold and Dafne Keen return to make what's essentially an X-23 reboot, I'd be okay with that; after all I do like the character in general regardless of whether her stories exist in multiple continuities or not (heck, I happy to see Laura on the big screen since i remembered her from the Evolution cartoon, and I tried the X-23 comics since I loved the movie's version of the character and found I loved the comic version as well).

However, just because they're working on a script isn't a guarantee that a movie gets made. After all, before it was a Hulu series, Runaways was supposed to be a movie and it even had a finished script. The movie was canceled since the success of The Avengers 1 made Marvel Studios decide that the MCU should be more Avengers-centric and Runaways didn't fit the bill. That sounds an awful lot like what could happen if Disney buys Fox and X-Men movie rights revert back to Marvel; a X-Men movie-verse X-23 movie doesn't exactly fit the MCU universe.

We'll have to see, of course, but I don't think the X-23 movie happening his a done deal and could be canceled (God forbid) as bigger things are set into motion.

Funny all these stuff is more of a go than the next marvel we know nothing about.
    I'm not sure if means anything that one company is more vocal about their future plans than another. Different marketing styles.

Also worth noting, I'm sure the Fox studios are keeping busy with new projects even while sales deals are being discussed; it's their job, after all.

Homecoming was on the same level as ASM 1, this is how many fans view the film.
    Speaking as a huge Spider-Man fan (most favorite superhero of all), Homecoming was significantly better than ASM1. Mileage may vary, of course.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I thought they were just writing the script, meaning that the movie wasn't even green-lit, much less in pre-production. Now, I very badly want to see this one made, pref. as an actual Logan sequel. However, if the end result is Mangold and Dafne Keen return to make what's essentially an X-23 reboot, I'd be okay with that; after all I do like the character in general regardless of whether her stories exist in multiple continuities or not (heck, I happy to see Laura on the big screen since i remembered her from the Evolution cartoon, and I tried the X-23 comics since I loved the movie's version of the character and found I loved the comic version as well).

However, just because they're working on a script isn't a guarantee that a movie gets made. After all, before it was a Hulu series, Runaways was supposed to be a movie and it even had a finished script. The movie was canceled since the success of The Avengers 1 made Marvel Studios decide that the MCU should be more Avengers-centric and Runaways didn't fit the bill. That sounds an awful lot like what could happen if Disney buys Fox and X-Men movie rights revert back to Marvel; a X-Men movie-verse X-23 movie doesn't exactly fit the MCU universe.

We'll have to see, of course, but I don't think the X-23 movie happening his a done deal and could be canceled (God forbid) as bigger things are set into motion.

I'm not sure if means anything that one company is more vocal about their future plans than another. Different marketing styles.

Also worth noting, I'm sure the Fox studios are keeping busy with new projects even while sales deals are being discussed; it's their job, after all.

Speaking as a huge Spider-Man fan (most favorite superhero of all), Homecoming was significantly better than ASM1. Mileage may vary, of course.
    I always wanted a hard reboot but they can keep the logan timeline and have x23 cross over thanks to cable whenever they need her. the x23 movies is will be more intresting than an mcu xmen movie.

what i know is marvel has 20 films lined up and fiege will rather throw them away and grab xmen. no. its a bad idea, i say fiege should make their 20 planned movies and let fox move ahead with x23, xforce, new mutants, gambit, multiple man. reason i keep saying the deal if it happens fox will go under touch stone kind of thing.

I always wanted a hard reboot but they can keep the logan timeline and have x23 cross over thanks to cable whenever they need her.
    Not sure how Cable would fit into a post-Logan timeline, but whatever.

...the x23 movies is will be more intresting than an mcu xmen movie.
    Maybe? I know I'd rather get the X-23 movie than an MCU X-Men movie.

what i know is marvel has 20 films lined up and fiege will rather throw them away and grab xmen. no. its a bad idea, i say fiege should make their 20 planned movies and let fox move ahead with x23, xforce, new mutants, gambit, multiple man.
    I like the sound of this scenario.

reason i keep saying the deal if it happens fox will go under touch stone kind of thing.
    Fox may very well become a Touchstone-like outlet for Disney or have some degree of autonomy, like Pixar. However, the unanswered question is, even if that does happen, would the X-Men movie rights still be transferred back to Marvel Studios or not? And even if the legalities still had the Fox division keeping those movie rights, would they still continue the current series or reboot it to work with the MCU, a bit like an internal company version of the Disney/Sony deal? We don't know what Disney's long-term plans for Fox would be, or what Marvel Studios would want to do yet, so how can we accurately predict what would happen?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)