Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    lmfao... yes.. the reboot we have been praying for is nigh.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Several things strongly implied that mutants were known:

-Weapon X in Deadpool didn’t use normal mutants but made artificial ones. That means mutants had to have been popping for a long time for them to study the X-gene and learn how to activated it. Given that mutant powers manifest at random around the world it would be hard not to know about them.

-Weapon X then sold them into human-trafficking. So again, hard not to know about them.

-Wade at Weapon X didn’t question what a mutants was, what the X-gene is, and seeing mutants didn’t surprise him one bit. He acts like its normal.

-Colossus casually walks in brand daylight in his metal form and rides in a taxi in public. The indian taxi driver also isn’t surprised at this.

-There is actually a normal guy that uses the term mutant.
    Known by the people experimenting on them. Not necessarily known by general public.

There are superhumans that walk around in broad daylight in the MU. There are also Inhumans in the MU. So the taxi driver could just think Colussus is a superhuman or inhuman as there is no way for him to distinguish between an Inhuman and a mutant.

No movie goer is going to give a shit about one random reference.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Ajax brings up the fact that Wade has a mutation when they experimented on him and they just sped up the process for it to manifest. So he's actually a mutant in the movie-verse until it's talked about more.
    Again referring to the general public. And technically the Inhumans, Spiderman and several other superhumans have mutations as well. They are all mutants. It is just a matter of what caused the mutation that determines whether they are called mutant or Inhuman for example.

For all we know the guys in the MU just used Inhuman or freak to describe them while the dudes experimenting on Deadpool said mutant as an insult. No one would know the difference between the 2 until the Inhuman origins were known.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-11-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao... yes.. the reboot we have been praying for is nigh.

But honestly this is gonna be 100x worst then Spider-Man only fans after MCU Reboot. FOXMEN fans are gonna hate on every casting choice, every set pic, every piece of information.

I'm not gonna care though....

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd know that those two ladies are being headhunted - if they leave it'll be for a new job, not with a pink slip.
    It would be a step down if they stayed. Reducing overhead with high-paid execs is one of the reasons for these types of deals. They weren't fired, they chose not to take lower positions. That's going to happen to a lot of people. The fact they were female isn't relevant. You could also cherry pick the fact that that both are Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    But honestly this is gonna be 100x worst then Spider-Man only fans after MCU Reboot. FOXMEN fans are gonna hate on every casting choice, every set pic, every piece of information.

I'm not gonna care though....
    well I'm hopeful whatever Disney does with casting will be leaps and bounds beyond what fox delivered.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't care about deadpool. he actually was modeled very similarly to the source material. all the others need a complete and total reboot
    Well original X-men for sure. Gambit and New Mutants depends on how successful they are. If the models make money then they probably let them run their course.

I suspect they will just make sure those films dont make specific references to mutants.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well original X-men for sure. Gambit and New Mutants depends on how successful they are. If the models make money then they probably let them run their course.

I suspect they will just make sure those films dont make specific references to mutants.
    haven't they had like 1 or two gambit already? I doubt they get him right or even if the gambit film will see the light of day.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

lolol are you serious. this is the same movie that leaked ororo getting rained on:

you gotta do better than that lol:

So now that your biggest criticism about the film is invalid you’ve resorted to nitpicking? Lmao

and can he make discussions on keeping the xmen continuity the same? no. he isn't making that decision. he may be affiliated with future projects but he will not be deciding that the xmen stay as they currently are.
    Read what I said here.

So I think they should do what the DC shows do and explore the multiverse concept. It was already mentioned in Doctor Strange and could be explored in Ant-Man and Wasp. And just reboot the main X-Men films in the MCU after they finish telling the Phoenix story.

and I also recall you saying this deal would never happen but look at where we are.
    Nah, I’ve never said that.

haven't they had like 1 or two gambit already? I doubt they get him right or even if the gambit film will see the light of day.
    It is already in production and Fox already signed a deal with Imax to show it. Doubt they cancel it with money already spent.

As for getting him right Tatum seems as committed to it as Reynolds was to Deadpool so we will see.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Known by the people experimenting on them. Not necessarily known by general public.

There are superhumans that walk around in broad daylight in the MU. There are also Inhumans in the MU. So the taxi driver could just think Colussus is a superhuman or inhuman as there is no way for him to distinguish between an Inhuman and a mutant.

No movie goer is going to give a shit about one random reference.

Again referring to the general public. And technically the Inhumans, Spiderman and several other superhumans have mutations as well. They are all mutants. It is just a matter of what caused the mutation that determines whether they are called mutant or Inhuman for example.

For all we know the guys in the MU just used Inhuman or freak to describe them while the dudes experimenting on Deadpool said mutant as an insult. No one would know the difference between the 2 until the Inhuman origins were known.
    That leaves the problem of why the X-Men haven’t been mentioned and didn’t show up for events like Infinity War.

I think the Inhumans will be retconned out of the MCU after that disaster of a TV show.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-11-2017 at 07:11 PM.

It is already in production and Fox already signed a deal with Imax to show it. Doubt they cancel it with money already spent.

As for getting him right Tatum seems as committed to it as Reynolds was to Deadpool so we will see.
    If it doesn't fit into their plans for the X-Men I could definitely seeing them cancelling Gambit given it hasn't been filmed.

BANNED

Oh my god not umbrellas. Oh the humanity.

So now that your biggest criticism about the film is invalid you’ve resorted to nitpicking? Lmao

Read what I said here.

Nah, I’ve never said that.
    nope not nitpicking just an observation like the one you were attempting to make with them going to space.

I'm pretty sure u did, in fact you have been making the point fox is making so much money they would never said back to Disney.

well I know you as a gambit fan want to see this but it's been pushed back so far seeing this deal will possibly result in many of these projects being scrapped I would hope for the best and expect the worst if I were u.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Oh my god not umbrellas. Oh the humanity.
    yea it's tragic just like this attempt to be witty.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-11-2017 at 07:23 PM.

thats not money that Disney spent and besides the movie hasnt even begun filming. Its much easier to get out now before they spend millions on the filming process and marketting