Page 88 of 150 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2243

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I said goodbye to the bulk of my favourite actors 10 years or so ago...
    the original cast, u mean?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Disney-Fox Deal: 5,000 To 10,000 Jobs Will Likely Be Shed

"It's going to be a great thing for jobs." - liar in chief

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It will really be all about how Dark Phoenix and New Mutants perform.

If Dark Phoenix bombs or is simply a mild success, then you bet they will reboot the mutants into the MCU rather than integrate them. I doubt even Fox expects New Mutants to be some big breakout film, so my guess is they betting on Dark Phoenix to propel New Mutants.

Deadpool is likely to stay as is because even though he is somewhat in-universe with the X-men, he has still remained outside of it. Plus he makes money under a smaller than usual budget. And they aren't about to recast Ryan.

Anyway, any reboots/sequels will likely not happen till 2020+ anyway :/

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah I don't really understand why people would think anything else anyways
    I raised the possibility that Disney wouldn't necessary give the rights over to Marvel Studios. I was worried because the X-MEN movie rights left Marvel Entertainment, and wouldn't return. But Bob Iger will give those rights over to Marvel Studios, which while no longer associated with Marvel Entertainment, is still the best steward of the property. This is a good thing! I was also worried about Mr. Feige's committment to the mutants; did he even want to make X-Men movies. But the article quoted and linked in the last few pages made me feel much more positive about the future of the cinematic X-MEN. I didn't know Mr Feige started his career working for Lauren Donner, or that he helped produce the first X-MEN films. The composer Ottman says that he's "passionate" about these characters!

I still think the pop culture world can handle both big box-office extravaganza super hero films, and the quiet dark gems. Like the super hero version of FOX Searchlight movies. Like LOGAN, and the upcoming NEW MUTANTS. So I'm worried that all Disney/Marvel X-MEN films will be too shallow and noisey. I'm still worried about some of the more complex characters like Magneto and Emma Frost--how will Marvel Studios handle them. But things are looking better than they did a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Most have till 2019 to find a job and some until 2021. They should be able to find something in that time if they were talented enough to work for FOX in the first place
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Can't say i'm sad to see any of the actors, writers, or producers of the current X-verse with the exception of Deadpool go. And i think Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool will be just fine.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

We need the New Mutants trilogy. Hard R X-23 film.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    We need the New Mutants trilogy. Hard R X-23 film.
    X-23 could happen if they film it in 2018

X-23 could happen if they film it in 2018
    I honestly think New Mutants 2 has a chance if filmed in 2018 as well. Boone made it sound like it could be filmed in Brazil in 2018.

I honestly don't think Fox or anyone involved in the films would risk rushing a film before the merger is done. There's already gonna be a lot at stake for Dark Phoenix, with the question of "Will this film even matter?".

Because while singular films are still very much a thing and should be a thing. Marvel has associated their brand to a whole cinematic universe, so if people assume a reboot then they won't even bother with DP even if it's a good film.

The press tours for Dark Phoenix is bound to be hell for the actors involved in the film.

That's very interesting. Wonder if they'll have to water the deal down

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    I honestly don't think Fox or anyone involved in the films would risk rushing a film before the merger is done. There's already gonna be a lot at stake for Dark Phoenix, with the question of "Will this film even matter?". .

Now that I think of it I highly expect Kinberg to get X-FORCE, New Mutants, X-23, & Gambit in production.

Now that I think of it I highly expect Kinberg to get X-FORCE, New Mutants, X-23, & Gambit in production.
    The article: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...feiges-a156369

Makes it sound like anything past New Mutants is unlikely to be made.

"It's going to take another twelve to eighteen months for this deal to be finalised and that means all of Fox's 2018 movies will indeed be released as planned. Beyond that, Iger confirmed that others will continue to be developed but you have to believe the chances of a film like Gambit happening are slim."