Page 96 of 150 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2243
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Black Panther was suppose to come out in 2018, but was push back for Spider-Man: Homecoming. And Spider-Man wasn't even apart of the original phase 3 slate. I'm sure Fiege is communicating with Disney and the people he needs to stay in contact with about the merger and making his plans accordingly. Fiege got his start with an X-Men film, so this is important for him because now he can do the X-Men he wanted and not watch someone elses version of it.
    I remember Kevin Feige himself saying that their schedule is too full for the X-Men earlier this year. X-Men is very different from Spider-Man because its just one character and his aunt. With the X-Men you have to established mutants first and that is going to take some time.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-17-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    There was a very stunning rendition of a "stretchy" character in a movie already released.

Although it's probably easier to do when the whole movie is CGI.
    It's very hard to make stretching look good in live action, I don't think anyone has got it right yet.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's very hard to make stretching look good in live action, I don't think anyone has got it right yet.
    Marvel found a lot of cool and creative ways to depict shrinking with Ant-Man they could find cool and creative ways to do stretching powers. Makes me wish that Peyton Reed directed Fantastic Four(he was developing a movie for Fox years ago before he ultimately left). He'd do Reed Richards powers justice!

Here's what he said.

I think they haven't really gotten Mr. Fantastic's powers right visually on screen. I think there's some really badass ways to make that [character] work.
    https://screenrant.com/peyton-reed-f...nt-man-wasp-2/

Agreed!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-17-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Fantastic Four Rogue's Gallery will add alot to the MCU. It's worth it for that alone.
    FF will be gold under MCU.

They are [retro]futurism in action. Smart home, robots, super science materials, other dimensions, space travel, flying cars, they represent the future. Disney will destroy that. Just look at how well they did with the FF concept in The Incredibles and Big Hero 6!

Just do them old school style, let Ben and Reed be older, like 50's, Sue is in her late 30's/early 40's, Johnny can be late 20's. Then add Franklin and Valeria as 10, and 5, respectfully, and you have the perfect age demographics. Even go full Future Foundation and have some multicultural kids/teens in the crew too to make them a bit more global and you're set.

Their powers are great if you are not cheap(which Fox was), and Doom, Galactus, all their villains, are top notch(again if you are not afraid of comic bookiness, which MCU isn't).

The FF could be a sleeper juggernaut, on the real, with that all ages family appeal that makes for huge box office numbers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Fantastic Four Rogue's Gallery will add alot to the MCU. It's worth it for that alone.
    They better not screwup Dr. Doom. Make him a big long-running villain of not just the FF but the entire MCU. He'd be a character that can go toe-to-toe with Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

They are [retro]futurism in action. Smart home, robots, super science materials, other dimensions, space travel, flying cars, they represent the future. Disney will destroy that. Just look at how well they did with the FF concept in The Incredibles and Big Hero 6!

Just do them old school style, let Ben and Reed be older, like 50's, Sue is in her late 30's/early 40's, Johnny can be late 20's. Then add Franklin and Valeria as 10, and 5, respectfully, and you have the perfect age demographics. Even go full Future Foundation and have some multicultural kids/teens in the crew too to make them a bit more global and you're set.

Their powers are great if you are not cheap(which Fox was), and Doom, Galactus, all their villains, are top notch(again if you are not afraid of comic bookiness, which MCU isn't).

The FF could be a sleeper juggernaut, on the real, with that all ages family appeal that makes for huge box office numbers.
    I agree with almost everything you said, the only difference is that I would skew the ages lower. Ben and Reed in their mid to late 30s, Sue in her late 20s, and Johnny around the same age as Peter Parker at the time the film is made.

I agree with almost everything you said, the only difference is that I would skew the ages lower. Ben and Reed in their mid to late 30s, Sue in her late 20s, and Johnny around the same age as Peter Parker at the time the film is made.
    You could do that too. I just like the idea of Reed and Tony being peers. But you could skew them younger too, RDJ probably won't be making many more films.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I remember Kevin Feige himself saying that their schedule is too full for the X-Men earlier this year. X-Men is very different from Spider-Man because its just one character and his aunt. With the X-Men you have to established mutants first and that is going to take some time.
    When did he said that? Didn't they recently reported that Feige was eager to put his hands on the X-men?

Exactly! The FF are so underestimated as a franchise due to those shitty movies Fox did, that's why most of the people think they are lame, but that's not true at all. If Disney could find a success with The Incredibles and Big Hero 6 just imagine what it will be like with the real deal.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoletta View Post
    When did he said that? Didn't they recently reported that Feige was eager to put his hands on the X-men?
    I’m sure he is but knows that he can’t just suddenly throw them in the MCU there like with Spider-Man.

You could do that too. I just like the idea of Reed and Tony being peers. But you could skew them younger too, RDJ probably won't be making many more films.
    I get that, a younger cast just ensures a longer time with the actors. I want them to be around at least for 10 years like RDJ has.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    And, forgive me if I'm severely wrong, but the discussion was centered on future prospects, not what the previous movies have done.

Using your logic, I shouldn't be hopeful for the Gambit solo, because throwing cards isn't very visually impressive, and Gambit kinda sucked in Wolverine: Origins.
    Gambit's power is explosive and offensive by it's very nature. Sue has powers that are more defensive in nature. Occasionally she is shown using them offensively but more often than not she is not shown using them in a visually stunning way.

Further, I know Tatum is committed to Gambit so I have faith he will deliver an explosive Gambit. There is currently no one attached to Sue. If some actress says she loves the character and she is committed to showing the full range of her powers then I will revise my opinion.

Having said that, you are free to believe whatever you want regarding Gambit or Sue. I am simply giving my thoughts based on what I know now. You don't have to agree.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Why is there an argument about whether Gambit or Sue's powers are better?

BANNED

Why is there an argument about whether Gambit or Sue's powers are better?
    IDK. Someone thinks pure invisibility isn't visually impressive, and I don't think throwing cards is visually impressive. Of course, I'm supposed to afford Gambit the breadth of all his abilities, while only allowed to count Sue's "lol she's gone" bits.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 12-17-2017 at 07:27 PM.

I'd prefer them to go older with Reed. He needs to be the patriarch of the family, the past Fox films never gave him that kind of presence on camera. (Particularly not in the Trank reboot, ugh.) I want that "father figure"/ "He-man scientist" vibe that actors that played scientists in those 1960's sci-fi films had. (Such as Rex Reason in "This Island Earth" or Richard Carlson from "the Creature from the Black Lagoon.") Also, start with him engaged or married to Susan. I don't want to see their first date or Dr. Doom as a potential love interest again.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I get that, a younger cast just ensures a longer time with the actors. I want them to be around at least for 10 years like RDJ has.
    I can respect that. Ok, how about Reed and Ben are 40, Sue 30, Johnny in his early 20's, kids stay the same at 10 and 5? Reed and Sue have to be parents and serious scientists, and in this age of millennials, any lower won't ring true.