Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

ASM2 was way worse than SM3.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    ASM2 was way worse than SM3.
    So disagree. Spiderman 3 had so many things wrong with it. You had the whole Sandman killed Uncle Ben retconn. You had Goblin Jr (bad enough anyway) who also manages to get amnesia at the right time so they can spend time developing Sandman.
    You had them doing the whole will they won't they crap with Peter and MJ they'd been doing in the last 2 movies and had gotten old big time. The pointless addition of Gwen Stacey to the film. She added nothing.
    You had emo Peter strutting and dancing ...... Nuff said
    You had MJ and Harry dancing .... Nuff said
    The end of the film was poorly done and really really long winded with the sad scene with Samdman (he just floats away!) and Peter then the contrived death scene for Harry then more MJ/Spidey stuff before the end scene when they dance.

Raimi gets a pass for S3 with the whole but yeah the studio forced him to put Venom in and yes they did but there is a ton of stuff there besides that's bad to blame Raimi for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I don't think Amazing 2 is so bad now. It definitely had good ideas but I feel it lost track of what made the reboot interesting in that Spider-Man had a darker edge to him. Spiderman in the first Amazing was a vigilante and while a superhero had a home grown feel to ho him. By the sequel Peter just felt like a superhero to me and lost that edge that could make something like a costumed vigilante so intimidating. To me Amazing 2 was just another superhero movie where the fist one tried to be a bit more. It is known that Amazing was rushed into production but the first Amazing Spider-man had a great tone and idea about a young Peter Parker finding his place in the world. I respect the first for showing effort, I don't like the sequel for everything already said as well as my feelings about changing the tone.
    I agree with this. ASM 1 was flawed in several ways (the Lizard just looked bad, too much emphasis on Peter's parents and Peter being destined to become Spider-Man which added nothing), but was a far better film than ASM 2. I wish they'd kept more of that tone and feel from the first film, because it was a bit jarring how different the second film was compared to the first.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I agree with this. ASM 1 was flawed in several ways (the Lizard just looked bad, too much emphasis on Peter's parents and Peter being destined to become Spider-Man which added nothing), but was a far better film than ASM 2. I wish they'd kept more of that tone and feel from the first film, because it was a bit jarring how different the second film was compared to the first.
    Again I disagree. ASM1 was a big mess. That whole Peter looking for his uncles killer subplot went no where and Rhys Ifans was miscast as Connors. It's was also kind of a wasted opportunity if they had introduced Harry in this film, setting up the friendship with Peter which would have given more for there enmity in 2.

I always felt ASM2 had potentially the best ending off all the Spiderman films hell with all comic book films out so far if they had ended it at Peter staring at Gwens grave. It would have been an unhappy ending (not happened in a comic book film yet) and would have had people eager and willing to see ASM3 to see what happens to Peter. Instead that had to go with that Rhino crap.

The ASM films in general were a big mess.

Ugh, that parents subplot was so bad. I would rather watch Peter continue his awkward dance than get another minute about Peter crying over Richard Parker.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The ASM films in general were a big mess.

Ugh, that parents subplot was so bad. I would rather watch Peter continue his awkward dance than get another minute about Peter crying over Richard Parker.
    Agreed on that. It was so pointless to the story too. It really added nothing.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

TASM 2 did have some nice sountrack music.

"It's On Again" is a good unofficial theme song.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

And The Neighborhood's "Honest", I see as a perfect Peter x Gwen song.