Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Here is a deleted scene of Peter visiting Harry at Oscorp. I have no idea why they cut this since it gave a good introduction to the battle armor. Also it does appear that Peter and Felicia meet in the cinema universe after all!

Deleted scenes tend not to be canon.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

then let's hope for a director's cut then

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Here is a deleted scene of Peter visiting Harry at Oscorp. I have no idea why they cut this since it gave a good introduction to the battle armor. Also it does appear that Peter and Felicia meet in the cinema universe after all!

This scene is good, it's one deleted scene I wish was in the movie, to some degree
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

After watching it again I really think this is the worst of the SM movies. Garfield is a horrible Peter Parker, he never portrays the social outcast/nerd Peter, rather a guy who is suave and stammers a bit. He is the opposite of PP.

The movie is also very boring for a long stretch, it feels like we see spidey in the start then hes gone for a hour while we have multiple copies of the same "I love you Gwen, I can't be with you Gwen/Lets hang out Gwen" scenes. Those get old fast.

The action scenes were few, but well executed. But overall it is a boring movie and not very well acted except for Emma Stone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Considering how well her movies have done, I wonder if they'll try to get Shailene Woodley back as MJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm sure they'll try, but she could very well say no. I doubt the speculation over whether she looked attractive enough in ASM 2, and the much-publicized decision to keep her scenes out of the movie, were a positive experience.
    I watched Divergent the other night with my girlfriend, and I was very surprised by Woodley. I had never seen anything she'd done, but she was pretty good in it. I think she'd be great as MJ, especially paired off with Garfield's version of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    After watching it again I really think this is the worst of the SM movies. Garfield is a horrible Peter Parker, he never portrays the social outcast/nerd Peter, rather a guy who is suave and stammers a bit. He is the opposite of PP.

The movie is also very boring for a long stretch, it feels like we see spidey in the start then hes gone for a hour while we have multiple copies of the same "I love you Gwen, I can't be with you Gwen/Lets hang out Gwen" scenes. Those get old fast.

The action scenes were few, but well executed. But overall it is a boring movie and not very well acted except for Emma Stone.
    Sorry to hear that's it got even worse on you. I look forward to seeing the film again once it's released here in the UK. Still, I don't think that it's worse then SM3. I slightly agree on Garfield as well, which is a huge shame considering how much of a good actor he is as well as his love for the character. It's got nothing to do with him, but with how he's presented that's letting him down. I just hate that stupid hipster hair of his.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    Sorry to hear that's it got even worse on you. I look forward to seeing the film again once it's released here in the UK. Still, I don't think that it's worse then SM3. I slightly agree on Garfield as well, which is a huge shame considering how much of a good actor he is as well as his love for the character. It's got nothing to do with him, but with how he's presented that's letting him down. I just hate that stupid hipster hair of his.
    Well, at least SM3 had relatively decent takes on the villains and a complete character arc for Harry Osborn.

I certainly don't blame Garfield, I think it was bad direction. He was told how he should play PP and it was a poor choice to go with the
    cool but misunderstood hipster."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Well, at least SM3 had relatively decent takes on the villains and a complete character arc for Harry Osborn.
    SM3 was a really good movie (Sandman) interspersed with a really bad movie (Venom). If you cut all of Venom out of that movie except for the Brock hating Peter setup it is a good movie.

I loved the movie. Specially the last scene with the little kid

That is true. All of the villains pretty much did suck in the ASM2 because of how goddamn awful their characterisation was. Their reasons as to why they hated Spiderman was made up right on the spot when they first encountered him. They were rushed and cliched cartoons. Venom, who is considered to be the worst villain on screen, actually isn't. His motivations were believable, unlike Electro's. Spiderman forgot his name? Well then, I suppose that turning into a criminal and harming people is Justified. I didn't buy into his character at all.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

That is true. The reason why the villains in the ASM2 sucked was because of their goddamn awful characterisations. Their hated for Spiderman was made up right on the spot when the first meet him. They were unbelievable and cliched villains. Venom is considered to be the worst villain on screen, but he actually isn't. His motivations were believable, unlike Electro's. Spider-man forgot his name? Well then, I suppose that turning into a criminal and harming innocent people straight away is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post

Pick up the newest issue of ASM that came out this month. Pick an Ultimate Spider-Man issue. A 70s Spider-Man issue when Peter had a supporting cast that consisted of Gwen, MJ, Harry, Aunt May, Jameson, Betty Brant, Flash, etc. Sorry but the whole outcast/nerd stereotype got old 50 years ago, Peter has hardly been portrayed as a complete nerd or outcast for a long time now. The whole outcast thing in my opinion only applies to Peter's origin.
    Last edited by jgprime; 08-15-2014 at 03:07 PM.

I just doubled posted as I thought that I actually deleted my first response.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    Pick up the newest issue of ASM that came out this month. Pick an Ultimate Spider-Man issue. Sorry but the whole outcast/nerd stereotype got old 50 years ago, Peter has hardly been portrayed as a complete nerd or outcast for a long time now.
    Regarding how we would all want to see how Peter should be portrayed in a film is a hard case, as there are many different versions of Peter. You have the modern Peter Parker on your mind, whereabouts Peter Parker ( the user member here ) wants to see the original Version of Peter Parker. I don't think that anyone is wrong here regarding if Pete was portrayed righty or not. Garfield played a Peter Parker that didn't please both of you, as both of you have a different opinion as to how Pete should be presented depending which version is your taste. Social outcast or not.
    Last edited by THE DANGER965; 08-15-2014 at 03:23 PM.

I just doubled posted as I thought that I actually deleted my first response.

Regarding how we would all want to see how Peter should be portrayed in a film is a hard case, as there are many different versions of Peter. You have the modern Peter Parker on your mind, whereabouts Peter Parker ( the user member here ) wants to see the original Version of Peter Parker. I don't think that anyone is wrong here regarding if Pete was portrayed righty or not. Garfield played a Peter Parker that didn't please both of you, as both of you have a different opinion as to how Pete should be presented depending which version is your taste. Social outcast or not.
    His portrayal sure as heck pleased me to be fair.