Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Welcome back Oldschool. glad you found your way over
    He had to walk 20 miles through the snow to get here. Uphill.

Thinking more on this...

Pros
    - Andrew Garfield.
    - Emma Stone.
    - The spectacle of Electro. I also like the idea of Spider-Man figuring out how he has to outsmart the villain.
    - The moment of Gwen's death is well done.
    - The epilogue is nice. A good way to show why Peter still fights, while tying in to a few earlier stories.
    - Satisfying answers to the questions about Peter's parents. The idea that the spiders would only work on Richard Parker's bloodline is a decent twist.
    - Aunt May's job is excellent.
    - Dane Dehaan has a similar character arc to Chronicle, but he plays another young supervillain fairly well.

Cons
    - Way too busy. Plots in the film include the death of Norman Osborn, the origin of Electro, a dying Harry Osborn trying dangerous experiments, a power struggle at Oscorp, Peter trying to keep away from Gwen Stacy because he's afraid he'll endanger her, the first time Spider-Man beats Electro, shady experiments performed on Electro, a rematch between Spider-Man and Electro, a fight between Spider-Man and the unnamed Harry Goblin, Peter learning his parent's secrets, the aftermath of Gwen Stacy's death and the origin of the Rhino.
    - J Jonah Jameson has become a part of Peter Parker's life off-screen. These are scenes that only work with an audience already familiar with the character, which makes for a mess of an adaptation.
    - We don't get a sense of a lot of elements of Peter's private life. What's it like in college? What's it like at the Bugle? Does he hang out with anyone else?
    - They skip over Amazing Spider-Man #122. We don't see the immediate aftermath of Gwen's death.
    - The segue to the Sinister Six is a bit awkward, especially with Gwen dying.
    - I don't really care for the pathetic take on Electro. He may just be the worst of the major villains from any of the Spider-Man movies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Thinking more on this...

Pros
    - Andrew Garfield.
    - Emma Stone.
    - The spectacle of Electro. I also like the idea of Spider-Man figuring out how he has to outsmart the villain.
    - The moment of Gwen's death is well done.
    - The epilogue is nice. A good way to show why Peter still fights, while tying in to a few earlier stories.
    - Satisfying answers to the questions about Peter's parents. The idea that the spiders would only work on Richard Parker's bloodline is a decent twist.
    - Aunt May's job is excellent.
    - Dane Dehaan has a similar character arc to Chronicle, but he plays another young supervillain fairly well.

Cons
    - Way too busy. Plots in the film include the death of Norman Osborn, the origin of Electro, a dying Harry Osborn trying dangerous experiments, a power struggle at Oscorp, Peter trying to keep away from Gwen Stacy because he's afraid he'll endanger her, the first time Spider-Man beats Electro, shady experiments performed on Electro, a rematch between Spider-Man and Electro, a fight between Spider-Man and the unnamed Harry Goblin, Peter learning his parent's secrets, the aftermath of Gwen Stacy's death and the origin of the Rhino.
    - J Jonah Jameson has become a part of Peter Parker's life off-screen. These are scenes that only work with an audience already familiar with the character, which makes for a mess of an adaptation.
    - We don't get a sense of a lot of elements of Peter's private life. What's it like in college? What's it like at the Bugle? Does he hang out with anyone else?
    - They skip over Amazing Spider-Man #122. We don't see the immediate aftermath of Gwen's death.
    - The segue to the Sinister Six is a bit awkward, especially with Gwen dying.
    - I don't really care for the pathetic take on Electro. He may just be the worst of the major villains from any of the Spider-Man movies.
    I liked Electro, but would have liked him to have more screen time. I liked how he was a big spectacle. I don't see how you could think that he was worse than the Rhino...
    It's a movie only loosely based on the comics. It doesn't have to exactly follow the comic. That's why it's the cinematic universe, and not the as-copied-from-the-comic universe.
    No Daily Bugle was disappointing. Peter's camera wasn't even shown in this one.
    Agree with the lack of Peter elements.
    I preferred that the aftermath of Gwen's death were quiet scenes. I didn't want to see the fallout yet. That's what ASM 3 is for. The mourning scenes were appropriate. We're supposed to be seeing most of it from Peter's perspective, so it kind of makes sense.
    They snuck in Harry as the Goblin. That was beyond disappointing. They brought him in to finish Gwen, followed by "hey, I'm normal again". Ridiculous.

Fantastic Member

I loved this movie. I've only seen it once - will need to see it again to form a stronger opinion - but I thought it was fantastic. Was it as good as Amazing 1? Very, very close but probably not. Better than Raimi's trilogy? I'd say so. Easily surpasses 3 for me, narrowly surpasses 1 and slightly better than 2. I have the OK to mention spoilers, so I will. Was it better than The Winter Soldier (IMO the best superhero movie so far)? As a Spider-Man fan YES!!11 but objectively, probably not.

Even though I knew Gwen was going to die in this movie ever since Peter's last line in the first one, I was still shocked. It was coming from the moment she was made valedictorian, Peter agreeing to move to London made it even more obvious and her anger when she was telling him 'it's her life' foreshadowed it even more but I was still shocked. It was so brutal and so perfect.

Emma Stone was fantastic as Gwen. I've been saying since ASM1 that this version of Gwen has been the most positive portrayal of a female character in a superhero movie. She's never a damsel in distress (even when she dies) and has always played an active part in rescuing the city without being a femme fatale.

Dehaan was great as Harry Osborn and I loved this take on him. He's not confused or easily-led like in previous adaptions, this version is an evil bastard all on his own - even if his journey to villaindom is somewhat sympathetic.

I liked Electro too. He was 'pathetic' (a lot like the MTV cartoon version) and probably had a few mental problems, but I think that is what made it so good. Imagine someone like that getting superpowers, they wouldn't all be like Peter Parker.

The next actor to play Peter Parker will have a tough act to follow. Garfield is perfect. He was funny, awkward and serious whenever he needed to be.

Another plus was the scene where Peter stopped those bullies picking on that little boy. That is really what superheroes are all about.
    It was really emotional when he stood up to Rhino at the end in his Spider-Man suit. That suit is so perfect because anyone could be under the mask. Spider-Man is the best superhero there is, Peter Parker is the most inspiring and motivational character in comics and I thought that scene was done really well and a nice tribute to fans of the character.

The Rhino was lame, in a good way. I loved how over-the-top he was (although the plutonium stealing thing I could have done without).

I enjoyed all the world building stuff and am very excited for this franchise to take off. I hope Felicia becomes the Black Cat in the next installment. I think it worked well just having Jonah as a little easter egg for fans of the series to know, but ASM3 has to cast somebody in the role.

I don't think Norman is really dead, (notice the green laser scan on his bed after he died) but in the meantime I think Harry is a fine mastermind and look forward to seeing what he has planned next.

The 3D was a lot better than in the first one. I actually jumped aside a couple of times. Only had that happen in Avatar and Avengers.
    Last edited by RD!; 05-02-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Decent articles on Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The Daily Beast had an interview with Dane DeHaan about how he got the job, and his take on Harry.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...der-man-2.html

Eric Kohn of Indiewire wonders if it's a good idea to give projects like Amazing Spider-Man 2 to fairly young directors, one of multiple pieces inspired by the film on whether superhero films have peaked. It's probably timing more than anything else.
    http://www.indiewire.com/article/how...ng-filmmakers#

Film Freak Central has a defense of the film, analyzing what it's about.
    http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/...der-man-2.html

A notable improvement in almost every way on Marc Webb's first film in this reboot series, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (hereafter Spidey 2) sports the same weaknesses, the same bloat, the same catering to the summer cult of boom-boom, but it ramps up the intelligence and a certain comfort with darkness that pays off in a pair of genuinely gratifying character resolutions. Despite what the trailers would spoil, it really only has one antagonist, Jamie Foxx's Electro--well, him, and our hero's (Andrew Garfield) struggles with trust in his relationships, whether they be with his Aunt May (Sally Field) or girlfriend Gwen (Emma Stone) or best friend Harry (Dane DeHaan) or lost father Richard (Campbell Scott). It's a film about class struggle, as May picks up double-shifts and moonlights in nursing school to provide tuition for her adopted boy (giving Sally Field the chance to resurrect her blue-collar Norma Rae), while shut-in Max (Foxx), electrical engineer at monolithic Oscorp and low man on the corporate totem pole, comes clear, fascinatingly, as a riff on the unnamed protagonist of Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man.

Spidey 2 is also, by the end, the rare film in any genre that sports a strong heroine, declaring in an obvious but bracing way that the risks she takes are hers to make--that she may in fact be the only person other than the baddie with the knowledge to affect a situation. Through it all, Peter Parker/Spider-Man emerges as the kind of hero Superman was always meant to be until Zack Snyder made him the despoiler of worlds/leveller of metropoli: the kind derided for putting on spandex to rescue kittens in trees. And while Garfield will never be the dork that Tobey Maguire is naturally, his Peter Parker earns empathy for just the number of impossible decisions he's forced to make throughout. There are obvious things that don't work about it, but Spidey 2 is rare for wanting to tackle race, gender, father issues, the shrinking middle-class, and education at all, much less in ways that offer meaning and purpose to comic books and their adaptations.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Did you guys Shazam at the end of the movie? We get some info on the Sinister Six...

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 finally hit stateside with the advance showings. I, as the lifelong Spider-Man fan I am, picked up my tickets as early as I could at my theater but knew htat I would have to keep expectations low. What with the 56% on Rotten Tomatoes and with some users referring to it as the Batman and Robin of the Spider-Man franchise, I was surprised by how much I liked the movie. Not just liked, loved. But, let's start out with the negatives.

Negatives

The movie gets started with the obvious air plane crash scene. As a scene, on its own, it was great. However, it feels like it should've been the last part of The Amazing Spider-Man or, perhaps, just placed somewhere in there. It really feels like an add-on to what, initially, starts out as crowded, sub-plot filled movie. It really did feel like it belonged in The Amazing Spider-Man but it isn't exactly the only scene apologizing for the lack of depth The Amazing Spider-Man provided.

The beginning of the movie seems to be an entire apology note for the first one, asking fans to come back. However, this is the only issue with that: the reason it was done, not how it was handled. Aside from some very real, very initial pacing issues the movie masters the pacing and comes into its own in the second act where the plot lines truly begin to intertwine and it really doesn't seem contrived at all: it feels solid.

Electro, on the other hand, just isn't given the time for anyone to really feel sorry for him. You really get the feeling his pre-Electro scenes landed on the cutting room floor which gave the character more depth. However, the fact that Spider-Man presents himself in the way he presents himself, it is clear that Max would latch onto that.

Not to even mention Dr. Kafka. I tried to get past his supremely annoying German accent but I just couldn't get past how hammy it was like I could with Giamatti's Systevich. It just didn't work for me.

Positives

From the opening web swing, it is clear that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has created the quintessential Spider-Man. Spider-Man "yippees" and "yee-haws" as he swings across the sky. Immediately upon encountering Aleksei Systevich, he is cracking jokes at the villains expense. While the fact that Spider-Man doesn't even seem to attempt to put a stop to this guys rampage immediately may be off-putting, it gave the Spider-Man persona time to shine.

As much fun as it is to watch Spider-Man in the costume (and it does look really brilliant), the movie's focus is on Peter Parker. That's what is fun, is that it actually is The Dark Knight in terms of the services it does to the character and providing the best movie-going Spider-Man experience but the villains draw the short straw in order to focus on Peter Parker. Which is the way it should be with the villains getting their own movie to dwelve into their characters more. With a Spider-Man movie, you want the focus to be on Spider-Man and his alter ego, which this movie does so fantastically.

The plots seem to start out as multiple separate strands but they intertwine in the second act beautifully, perfectly setting up the high point of the film: the third act.

Electro, stylistically, is a great villain to look at. He has some pretty hammy dialogue but it makes sense considering where the character came from and where he clearly got some of his ideas of "how to be a supervillain". Plus, particularly in the third act, Electro really becomes a menace to behold.

Green Goblin, on the other hand, is hardly in the movie but his transformation occurs much in the same way as the original Raimi film. Except, given everything that has happened, Green Goblin has way more reason to hate Spider-Man and become the Green Goblin than Dafoe's Osborn in Spider-Man. Harry's motivations are very clear while Electro's are best explained in the song that plays during the Times Square sequence. Which isn't entirely a tragedy, it just shows that Electro seems to be the biggest victim of the cuts for the film.

Rhino is the best rendition I could've imagined. Rhino is a pretty hammy, over-the-top arrogant character that is truly brought to the big screen with cinematic justice. He is in it probably the least out of all the film's villains but he truly is a great force to be reckoned with.

The movie really does have emotional impact and really does deliver on the parents arc which brilliantly ties back into the backbone of the movie: OsCorp. As I've said before, all the stories are connected in a stroke of genius so that it doesn't really feel bloated from the second act on and makes you look at the rest of the movie very differently.

Unlike The Amazing Spider-Man, they are very careful to make sure Peter Parker is characterized closer to the classic version. With The Amazing Spider-Man, it was very clear they were trying to dwelve into the character as he was before the spider bite. With very little to go off of, Peter came across, in my opinion, as he should've but, to a lot of other people, as a self-absorbed dick. Which is basically how he was portrayed by Stan Lee in the one line he said before he became Spider-Man but to some people, it was understandably misinterpreted.

Peter Parker feels guilty for the promise he has made and broken which is made far more difficult by the fact that Gwen says that it is her and Peter's choice. It is understandable and totally in character for Peter to go back and forth. Any other criticism that can be levied against the movie: it can't be said that Peter isn't characterized correctly.

The third act is truly the best act. It avoids, for the most part, the standard superhero film affair to blow everything up which actually went in the untraditional place of the end of the first act which gives it an air of freshness that is usually non-existant in these films. Not only does it become somber but it brings the film back up to a level of hope at the end of the film. And that is what makes it a really good ending: the fact that Spider-Man is able to get back to his roots because of the fact he HAS learned a lesson.

This whole movie is a fantastic learning curve for him.

Verdict

The film is a great sense of fun. It has flaws sure but so did Captain America: The Winter Soldier that many refuse to awknowledge. I really liked that film, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is that every film has problems and you have to judge it based on its own merits.It stumbles a little with characterization of smaller characters and a little with initial pacing but when it hits its stride: it really picks up steam and doesn't ever stop. The film is the best Spider-Man film to date and is on par with Marvel's best efforts placed in The Avengers. Since I gave Captain America: The Winter Soldier a 9.8/10, I'll give this movie a solid 9.5/10.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Incredible Member

I honestly have never found any superhero movie that has recently been as polarizing as TASM 2 with some praising it calling it one of the better Spider-Man movies out there while some calling it the Batman and Robin of the Superhero movies.

Honestly I kind of nervous if I'll like it or not, I enjoyed previous 4 Spidey movies and Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon so I'm not sure where I stand but I know I don't regret supporting this movie and giving it the benefit of the doubt instead of immediately judging and calling it horrible from the start.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

BEST SPIDER-MAN MOVIE YET!!!! It's was like i was watching the comics come to life!!! Peter/Spidey felt like Peter from the comics, Gwen Fell....I mean felt like Gwen, Harry felt like The Green Goblin. the easter eggs to spider-man's legend were also amazing from max's cake being him comic suit - To Peter compering Johan's pay to 1962 (spider-man's first year) and Spider's Venom can only mean well Venom. It just felt right. great movie cant wait for ASM3!!

I think Aunt May knows the secret about Peter and Spidey. and that ending felt was emotional. my sister cried When Gwen dies. it was perfect. I seen some complain about them not explain how he started college and working for The Bugle and the over use of Amazing. but I don't think it was important to the story right now ESU and Johan.

also did anyone else think before they called him kafka that it was Otto? the look, The Goggles, and the German accent like the 90's cartoon, it all screamed Otto to me.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Funny story- I took my sister to see it again tonight, and when we were walking out I mused, "I wonder who they'll get to play Mary Jane in the next one?" My sister (who cried a lot during the end) glared at me and said, "Too soon."

I enjoyed the movie a lot the first time, and I think it actually got better with the second viewing.

Ehh, just got out an hour ago and it was decent. Entertaining but pretty generic and familiar.

Gwen's death cut deep tho, I'm still feeling sad after seeing that. Emma and Andrew's chemistry was by far the best element of this series and with that gone the series is gonna suffer.

It let me down.

Some random thoughts:

Cons:

1) Electro is an uninteresting stupid child
    2) Colliding airplanes scene was nothing but predictable filler
    3) Kafka... lol.
    4) Parents conspiracy did not pay off
    5) Why have Felicia in it if she is not needed and represents the character in absolutely zero ways?
    6) Too much drama between Petey and Gwen
    7) Death scene needed all of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    I didn’t like that Harry suddenly became the goblin at the end of the movie just so he could show up for two to five minutes for the sole purpose of killing Gwen, or that we never really got to see Peter’s reaction to Harry after the fact (like how he nearly beat Norman to death in the comics and had to pull himself back).

I also wished the filmmakers used Peter’s dialogue from the comics instead of the generic “stay with me” that seems to get used in a lot of death scenes. It’s very moving in the comics when Peter thinks he saved Gwen at first before going into denial and saying “I don’t want you to be dead.”
    Pros:

1) Major actors are solid. Most importantly Garfield is great.
    2) Firefighter helmet, saving kids from bullies, that's what it's all about.
    3) Jonah was perfect
    4) Gwen's actually killed off and the scene is satisfying. The #1 story in Spidey comics came to life.
    5) Interesting directions with the plot. Using some obscure Mr. Fiers character nobody ever heard of? Check. Killing Norman 5 minutes after his first appearance? Check.
    6) Action scenes are well done, fun to watch

Man it's been over 3 hours since I got out of that theatre now and I'm still feeling down about Gwen's death

I was surprised to see the film's rating at Rotten Tomatoes has dropped way down to 54% since it's opening in USA. It was holding steady in the mid-70's after most of the UK (and other international) reviews. Interesting that it's apparently been a lot less popular with US critics.

It's been a few weeks since I've seen it, but my own opinion hasn't changed. It's not a bad film in the obvious sense of being badly acted or directed. It's simply that there's just an absence of anything especially good about it. There's a couple of decent performances from DeHaan and Stone and the visuals are very pretty. But it all just feels so mundane, so plodding. It doesn't feel like one cohesive story, but rather a bunch of things that happen with very little relationship to one another, other than to pad out the movie.

- The 'mystery' of Peter's parents adds nothing, and the revelation about the Parker's bloodline just makes Peter's origin seem like quite a ludicrous coincidence (the only person who could gain powers from the spiders is the one person who just happened to end up in a room full of them? OK, right)

- Harry and Peter's supposedly close friendship feels completely artificial, thanks to his never having been mentioned prior to this movie

- Electro is only a slight step up from Batman and Robin's Bane, in so much as he only really exists to shout a lot and essentially become a henchman for Harry. And regardless of his fantasy rant at Smythe, his complete personality change when he becomes Electro simply doesn't ring true. Not so much that he turned 'eeeeeevil', but that his personality completely changes.

- As much as the one thing I always missed in the Raimi Spidey movies was Spidey's wise-cracking, the new movies have demonstrated just how very hard it is to get that right. All too often, Spidey comes across like a bit of a douche in this movie. On more than one occassion, he felt less Peter Parker and more Flash Thompson. In many ways, it feels like Garfield is still playing a pre-Ben's death Spidey, more arrogant than 'friendly neighbourhood'.

- Gwen's death was handled well. Indeed, it was probably the one scene in the whole movie that I actually felt invested in what happened. And I did like the touch with Pete's web forming a 'hand' as it reached out to her. The problem was, the movie couldn't have made it any clearer Gwen's bucket had been kicked from the opening scene. Seriously, who didn't guess we'd be seeing her graduation speech again as an epitaph? And if that less than subtle hint wasn't enough, once Pete agreed to go to England with her, it was clearly time to order a wreath.

- There was no really big 'fist-punching' moment, no moment where you ever felt Spidey was putting it all on the line to be a hero. It rarely felt like anything was much of a struggle for him at all.

Those were some of the key misses for me, but there were others. Felicia's unnecessary inclusion other than for fans to go "ooh, it's Felicia"; the general pacing of the movie; the soundtrack; the daft rhino scene; the Ross-and-Racheling of Pete and Gwen throughout the movie; Using a painfully crowbarred-in news report to explain why Spidey wasn't zapped by Electro; Insta-Goblin.

So yeah. Despite all that, I still maintain it's not a 'bad' movie in, say, the way that Batman and Robin is. It's moreso that it's full of obvious flaws and bland storytelling. And in some ways that's worse. The thing is, if I'm channel surfing and I might have come across Batman and Robin or Spidey 3 on TV, I've sat through them again. They're bad films for sure, but despite their many flaws, they are kind of entertaining. But with ASM2, I just can't envisage ever wanting to sit through it again. Not because it's bad, but because it's just so... empty.

I didn't hate it like the first one. But I didn't love it either. This one definitely had more going for it (they weren't retreading the Uncle Ben stuff again for almost half the movie again.)

Also helping? No Norman Osborn portrait obscured in shadows or only spoken of in hushed whispers. (Chris Cooper was fine with what little he had to do.)

What didn't help? Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a relatively recent release and I liked that movie much more than I did this one.

But... Hhmm...

Negatives.

The stuff about Richard Parker was terrible. And it sucked up far too much of the movie's screen time.

They also didn't do the best job integrating the "mystery" of Richard Parker and Peter's tumultuous relationship with Gwen. (But at least there was some actual drama and tension in their relationship here before Gwen's untimely demise.) It felt more like "Now Peter will investigate Richard. Now Peter will talk to Gwen. Now he will investigate Richard again."

They really dropped the whole "Uncle Ben's killer" story, didn't they? Did Peter catch the guy? Did he get away?

Peter doesn't know anything about batteries? (I get that they wanted to play up Gwen's smarts but it felt like they were taking away from Peter a little too much with some of that.)

This was a complaint I had for awhile now and it wasn't handled very well in the movie but... Peter was best buddies with Harry and it never got mentioned until now? (Speaking of Harry. He went off the deep end real quick at the end, didn't he?)

Electro was... kind of superfluous. The real villain was Harry.

I like Paul Giamatti but that accent was really bad. Thankfully Rhino isn't in this movie a whole lot.

Stuff I'm mixed on.

Harry's transition to full-on super-villain was kind of fast, wasn't it? I get that he was dying of... vague Hollywood disease (Norman seemed to hold on for a good long time. Why did they say Harry already had one foot in the grave at that point in time?) but... It's kind of hard to pull off this darker take on Harry. (I think they did an okay job with it. But maybe it's because he literally shows up to become the Goblin and set-up Gwen's death in such a short amount of time. If the Goblin got more screen time, I think it would have had more of an impact.)

Gwen's death. Because she's less an innocent bystander and more of a take-charge, put herself in danger kind of gal. It's an attempt to give Gwen her own agency, which is great, but the foreshadowing really sort of takes away from the suddenness of it all. (Although there were definite gasps in the theater I saw it in. So it seems like this might just be my take as someone who is familiar with these comics.)

Stuff I actually did like.

The costume was great. The movement was great. I also thought Spidey's introduction into the film was quite enjoyable.

I think they had an all-around more solid take on who Peter was. Even if it is bogged down in that silly "Richard Parker" stuff. (I really dislike that stuff and won't miss it at all. Please stop focusing on Richard Parker.)

Emma Stone definitely was MVP. Good luck to whatever actress they hire to play MJ in the next one.

Other stuff of interest.

Jonah! (Please have him actually appear on camera next time! I'm way more interested in that guy than Richard Parker.)

Aunt May was around. More Aunt May, please. I feel like it's a waste of Sally Field with what little she's had to do so far. (Even if her mission for the next movie is to get Peter laid, at least she'll do stuff.)

So... George Stacy just took over for Uncle Ben as a vision of Peter's guilt? And I guess Gwen will take over for George in the next one?

They really are going to go all in on the Sinister Six, aren't they?

Boy... I would have liked it more if we had a bit more of Peter's "I saved you" from the comics and less generic "stay with me" after Gwen's death. (And we're all agreed it was whiplash that killed Gwen, right? Because if she had actually hit that pavement, she would have been a smear.)

Also, taking away from Peter's lashing out at the Goblin does sort of rob some of the impact. Maybe they avoided that because Raimi had Spidey freak out on the Goblin in his first Spidey film. Maybe we'll see something in the next film when Peter fights Harry again.

They didn't recast the kids who played Gwen's brothers or young Peter in the flashbacks. It's VERY noticeable that they got bigger. Not a complaint or even a nitpick. Just something to note as I end this post.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 05-03-2014 at 01:43 AM.