Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Sakuyamoms. Is it you? What happened to Damian?

What about Darkness? Dark Bat? 'Bat-Girl' with a hyphen like Spider-man?
    I love him, but my girl goes first

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    A member of the Legion of Super Heroes. She's pretty awesome.
    Ah. That makes sense. I don't think Shadow Lass feels right for Cass - Shadowbat or Shadow Bat feels more correct. But if what you say about Tynion being constrained by editorial to avoid using Bat symbols and names for Cass and Steph is true, then my preference - Shadowbat - is almost certainly forbidden.

Sakuyamoms. Is it you? What happened to Damian?

What about Darkness? Dark Bat? 'Bat-Girl' with a hyphen like Spider-man?
    Why would you steal poor Bette's name?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I love him, but my girl goes first
    And who is this lady? From W i can guess she is related to Wonder Woman. The avatar looks good just as the previous two. Won't complain this time. Is she Cassie? I think you mentioned her name some time ago in Jon Kent's appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ah. That makes sense. I don't think Shadow Lass feels right for Cass - Shadowbat or Shadow Bat feels more correct. But if what you say about Tynion being constrained by editorial to avoid using Bat symbols and names for Cass and Steph is true, then my preference - Shadowbat - is almost certainly forbidden.
    Bette? Do you mean Betty?

Kidding. Looked up at the internet.

I like Shadowbat. Shadow Lass is not available just as Black Bat. Is it true that she can't take a Bat name? That sounds stupid to me. Why call her one of the Bat family if she can't have the name of Bat?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-06-2017 at 07:17 AM.

BANNED

And who is this lady? From W i can guess she is related to Wonder Woman. The avatar looks good just as the previous two. Won't complain this time. Is she Cassie? I think you mentioned her name some time ago in Jon Kent's appreciation thread.
    Yup, that's Cassandra Sandsmark. Second Wonder Girl and rightful leader of the 4th generation of heroes.

Shadow Lass is good too.
    I'd kind of hate that for Cass. I don't even like it for Tasmia, much preferring her alternate codename, Umbra.

Plus, if they were actually going to tie Cass into the Legion...wait, she isn't in any of the depicted futures for "a reason" according to King...are they gonna send her to the future and make her f**king Karate Kid?!

Is it true that she can't take a Bat name? That sounds stupid to me.
    According to Tynion, they wanted to give her her classic symbol, the yellow Bat outline, on her current costume, but editorial said they didn't want to create confusion between her and Barabra. I wish I was joking.

Yup, that's Cassandra Sandsmark. Second Wonder Girl and rightful leader of the 4th generation of heroes.

I'd kind of hate that for Cass. I don't even like it for Tasmia, much preferring her alternate codename, Umbra.

Plus, if they were actually going to tie Cass into the Legion...wait, she isn't in any of the depicted futures for "a reason" according to King...are they gonna send her to the future and make her f**king Karate Kid?!

According to Tynion, they wanted to give her her classic symbol, the yellow Bat outline, on her current costume, but editorial said they didn't want to create confusion between her and Barabra. I wish I was joking.
    Well i forgot for a while that you mentioned Shadow Lass is from LOSH. Edited it. But then you are too fast. Thanks for informing about Cassie too.

It is odd reasoning. It takes away a lot of possibilities. Many of them cool. What to do about it? I am trying to think. What about just Cassandra? Can it pose problems?

I am sure you must have thought of a lot of options.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-06-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Yep! That’s her that image is from the Jimenez run in Wonder Woman.

3D44B822-F16A-4145-B728-8A5E4E88383E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Yep! That’s her that image is from the Jimenez run in Wonder Woman.

3D44B822-F16A-4145-B728-8A5E4E88383E.jpg
    That confused look makes all sense. Why make her Batgirl and then change so much that you can't have a name containing Bat? It makes no sense.

I don't want to set anyone's hopes too high as plans keep changing but it looks like they are all returning at least temporarily.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/super...16/superman-39

But then you maybe knowing it already.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-06-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Bette? Do you mean Betty?
    Actually . . . Bat-Girl was originally "Betty", not "Bette".

I like the Dawn Bat... Stephanie Brown is the Brown Bat..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Cass can be the inspiration for Shadow Lass' name ?
    One alias like The Shadow would be cool... Unfortunatelly we will never see her with this alias...

I think that DC would choose the EASY WAY... Black Bat again.. Better than Orphan..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-06-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't mind if Steph keeps the "Spoiler" code-name, but I've never really loved "Orphan" for Cassandra.

Since the "Batgirl" name still belongs to Barbara Gordon, what other names could Cass use in place of "Orphan"?

Two possibilities could be "Dawn Bat" or "Brown Bat".

Other suggestions (besides going back to "Batgirl") people want to throw out there?
    Dawn bat seem to similar to signal
    And brown should not be used in a name it will not sound appealing

What's wrong with blackbat?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually . . . Bat-Girl was originally "Betty", not "Bette".
    I reject this spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like the Dawn Bat... Stephanie Brown is the Brown Bat..
    Ahahaha. Nice!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

After 2 failed attempts at a superhero code name and persona, maybe drop those things altogether and go the Richard Dragon route with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well, it's not exactly original to DC.

Black Bat was originally a Golden Age pulp character who first appeared back in the 1930s. More recently, other comic book companies have published comic books starring the Black Bat, so DC wouldn't be able to copyright the name for Cass.
    (And we know how DC can be when it comes to using names for characters it can't copyright/trademark! = Shazam! = )

What about 'Chiroptera'?

Its another name for Bat. Looked up at the Wikipedia.
    Name of a coffee house in Babs Burnside run. It would be like calling her Starbucks.

BANNED

Honestly, I haven't been able to think of anything better than my 'Claymore' pitch from a few months ago. That said, so long as they were willing to give a push or tagline to go with it, no, I wouldn't have much objection to her just going by Cassandra Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    1. It's uncreative.
    2. DC dosen't own the trademark (Although that doesn't seem to be a problem for Bombshells)
    3. That name is a reminder of both DC's and fandom's mistreatment of the character.

Plus, my thoughts have changed over the last few months. 'Shadowbat', Dawn Bat'; if she can't be Batgirl, I'm really not too hot on the idea of her getting a Bat in her name, as it just reduces her to 'another Bat character'. I still want her to wear the Bat, but more in the way Jason does where he wears the symbol but still has his own distinct identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    It would be like calling her Starbucks.
    That would be a much better name for Barbara currently than Batgirl.