Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

From a character standpoint i never thought Jason wearing a Bat symbol on his chest made very much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'd kind of hate that for Cass. I don't even like it for Tasmia, much preferring her alternate codename, Umbra.
    Shadow Lass just feels more cooler, but that's just me .
    According to Tynion, they wanted to give her her classic symbol, the yellow Bat outline, on her current costume, but editorial said they didn't want to create confusion between her and Barabra. I wish I was joking.
    Yeah, that really doesn't make any sense. Cass and Babs' logos aren't that similar, and Bruce is the one running around with a yellow outline at the moment.
    That would be a much better name for Barbara currently than Batgirl.
    It does kind of feel like it sums up Burnside Batgirl .

I think Umbra might work because she dresses in all black and seems super steathly. You could reuse Kasumi or The Mist, two of her old aliases but those feel clunky to bring back.

I know someone was joking about connecting her to Shadow Lass but i kinda like the idea. Having Cass be her ancestor Assasins creed style might be a fun story idea but i'm not sure how plausible it is (is Shadow lass part human?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shadow Lass just feels more cooler, but that's just me ..
    Almost universally, I prefer the Legion's Reboot names to the "Lads" "Lasses", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    is Shadow lass part human?).
    Nope. She's from Talok VIII

Almost universally, I prefer the Legion's Reboot names to the "Lads" "Lasses", etc.
    Yeah, the Legion just feels weird to me without those .

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ah. That makes sense. I don't think Shadow Lass feels right for Cass - Shadowbat or Shadow Bat feels more correct. But if what you say about Tynion being constrained by editorial to avoid using Bat symbols and names for Cass and Steph is true, then my preference - Shadowbat - is almost certainly forbidden.
    Also, the name is too similar to Shadowcat. Fine if it's two characters in the same franchise (i.e. Catwoman and Batwoman) but I don't think DC want people thinking of X-Men instead of Batman when they see the name, so Shadowbat is a no-no.

That bat name ban is really limiting. I don't see why people would confuse Babs and Cass even if they were both Batgirl anyway, Cass wears all black and a full face mask, whereas Babs wears bright yellow and purple and has her mouth and hair on display.

I assume they don't want people to think there are two Batgirls. With Cass' current outfit already looking similar to what she wore as Batgirl. Though they don't seem to have an issue with Tim looking like he's Robin again.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, the name is too similar to Shadowcat. Fine if it's two characters in the same franchise (i.e. Catwoman and Batwoman) but I don't think DC want people thinking of X-Men instead of Batman when they see the name, so Shadowbat is a no-no.

That bat name ban is really limiting. I don't see why people would confuse Babs and Cass even if they were both Batgirl anyway, Cass wears all black and a full face mask, whereas Babs wears bright yellow and purple and has her mouth and hair on display.
    The Bat name ban and the "don't be too similar to Kitty Pryde" ban are both silly. First, Kitty Pryde doesn't even go by Shadowcat most of the time. She's never been that in the movies, for example. So those are both just excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I assume they don't want people to think there are two Batgirls. With Cass' current outfit already looking similar to what she wore as Batgirl. Though they don't seem to have an issue with Tim looking like he's Robin again.
    The "no two Batgirls" thing, as I say in this post, is dumb. The issue is that DC has no faith in Batgirls, while they have endless faith in Robins.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

1. It's uncreative.
    2. DC dosen't own the trademark (Although that doesn't seem to be a problem for Bombshells)
    3. That name is a reminder of both DC's and fandom's mistreatment of the character.

Plus, my thoughts have changed over the last few months. 'Shadowbat', Dawn Bat'; if she can't be Batgirl, I'm really not too hot on the idea of her getting a Bat in her name, as it just reduces her to 'another Bat character'. I still want her to wear the Bat, but more in the way Jason does where he wears the symbol but still has his own distinct identity.

Well if Bruce adopted her and gave her the last name Wayne

She could go by Cain

Maybe something like Sparrow or something. An association with a bird is less "batty" but it still thematically related to the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Absolutely yes! She's not even an orphan, it makes no sense.
    Batman's not a literal bat man. Robin's not an actual robin, Penguin's not an actual penguin, Two-Face doesn't actually have two faces....

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Maybe something like Sparrow or something. An association with a bird is less "batty" but it still thematically related to the Batfamily.
    Rook. A black bird and a powerful chess piece (a play on "Knights").
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The Bat name ban and the "don't be too similar to Kitty Pryde" ban are both silly. First, Kitty Pryde doesn't even go by Shadowcat most of the time. She's never been that in the movies, for example. So those are both just excuses.

The "no two Batgirls" thing, as I say in this post, is dumb. The issue is that DC has no faith in Batgirls, while they have endless faith in Robins.
    Being re d robin does nothing for Tim right now he is a lost soul in DC, and needs to let go of robin
    Barbra is never retiring and I doubt a war on batgirls is coming,

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think Umbra might work
    I like it.

The problem with Shadowbat and Dawnbat is that they are to "try hard". Plus, Cass connection to Bruce is very tenuous these days. At least she has an awesome new backstory with Mother, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Batman's not a literal bat man. Robin's not an actual robin, Penguin's not an actual penguin, Two-Face doesn't actually have two faces....

*gasp* they're not?!. I stand by what I said, a girl who is not an orphan, surrounded by actual orphans, calling herself Orphan is really lame.

I do like Rook though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

I dig that. Also like the idea of chess pieces, I always did like the Hellfire Club doing it.