Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
Blue is bad and Gold is worse. But Astonishing, Weapon X, Generation X, Wolverine, Iceman, Jean Grey, and OML (& UA) are all hanging from tolerable to fantastic. I wouldn't necessarily call the lineup "poor"
That's the thing, they're flagships. I don't think Jean Grey was very good only until the last issue. That is because it was mostly rinse and repeat with each guest star. Weapon X is meh.

There was a time when we had good writers on all the books and really bad art. That was when Carey was around. It's just been one worse writer after another

There's a few things here:
- I don't get the impression that any of the writers bar the really niche ones on Iceman are actually excited to write the X-books. In Guggenheim and Soules case it's like it's just a job.
- Ideas are just old ideas with new twists. I don't blame writers for keeping their good ideas for creator owned stuff but it sucks for the X-books.
- I'm not against political messages in comics. In fact there was always something weather it was dialogue against the red scare or Genosha and it's parallel to apartheid south Africa. The world has been quite volatile for a long time and I think Guggenheim is clumsy in trying to address it. I guess since the end of both extinction storyline the X-books need an overarching mission.
- Every character needs a story line. Otherwise don't put them in the roster