View Poll Results: Should the Foxnen verse be fully rebooted with new cast of actors?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Get new actors and start again from scratch.

84 82.35%
  • No - Let the Foxmen characters and stories stay as they are.

12 11.76%
  • Other

6 5.88%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Who wants a reboot of the Xmen?

I know there are a lot of threads popping up since the announcement that Disney purchased 21st century fox but one thing that has been of concern is what this means for the actual Fox-men. I think the Fox-men was horrible for many characters so if this deal doesn't come with a complete reboot I will be very disappointed. So that is the question. What do you want to see happen to the X universe. Please discuss and answer the poll.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They will reboot if it means more money and Deadpool made a much bigger profit than Civil War. Maybe Logan did too.

Remember, Disney released Big Hero 6 which is a Marvel property not set in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They will reboot if it means more money and Deadpool made a much bigger profit than Civil War. Maybe Logan did too.

Remember, Disney released Big Hero 6 which is a Marvel property not set in the MCU.
    do u mean they will not reboot?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do u mean they will not reboot?
    They will likely reboot the main X-Men films since that is already reaching a conclusion. While spin-offs like Deadpool, X-Force, and X-23 will continue. Similar to the stuff with Spider-Man and Venom.

disney's bob iger very clearly stated that (at least) deadpool will NOT be rebooted and will continue to occupy r-rated space

They will likely reboot the main X-Men films since that is already reaching a conclusion. While spin-offs like Deadpool, X-Force, and X-23 will continue. Similar to the stuff with Spider-Man and Venom.
    I would be fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    disney's bob iger very clearly stated that (at least) deadpool will NOT be rebooted and will continue to occupy r-rated space
    I honestly don't care about deadpool but the xmen need to be completely started from scratch with new actors.

I like the current set of actors and characters other then Mystique so no. They need, for the love of God Almighty, to STOP SKIPPING THROUGH DECADES so we can follow their careers as X-Men instead of skipping to them having been veteran superheroes for years while looking like kids.

All-New Member

Keep Deadpool.

Reboot and recast x-men. With Stewart and Jackmon leaving it is the perfect time for it

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Keep Deadpool.

Reboot and recast x-men. With Stewart and Jackmon leaving it is the perfect time for it
    Stewart is still in.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I voted yes and I think it's guaranteed that they'll reboot and start from scratch with the mutants, because that's Disney's way. But honestly, for me 99% of it is in the execution: start over, do a multiverse or keep the current cast, any approach could potentially work if it comes from producers and directors who care and are talented.

BANNED

keep the cast, deux ex machina them into the present ala secret war, let the movies be a creative colaboration like the gifted as been, and create a space for the spin offs where mcu properties can go and play as well, like ghost rider, blade, sons of midnight, thunderbolts, along side new mutants, x-force and MM and x-23

All-New Member

Stewart is still in.
    I thought he was retiring from X-Men after Logan.

I think they should reboot them. The continuity is so muddled at this point, I think a fresh start would be best. I appreciate what Fox tried to do with the kinda sorta half reboot, and I think it worked to some degree. But a new cinematic universe needs new X-Men.

None of this counts for Deadpool.

Please keep Deadpool.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Keep deadpool, he can 4th wall break his way into the reboot.

Reboot absolutely everything else fox did with the x-men.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a reboot in terms of story and history, at this point the Fox continuity is a mess. I would like to see them keep on Sophie Turner, Anya Taylor Joy, Maisie Williams, and Dafne Keen.