Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman issue #36 discussion (spoilers)

I loved this. King writes an excellent Lois and Clark, spoilers:
    and there's no fooling Selina.
    end of spoilers

King's Lois and Clark are really good. Clay Mann's art is fantastic as always. I didn't like Selina figuring out Superman's secret identity on her own though. It makes zero sense to me that a thief could find out it but the most intelligent man on Earth couldn't, I am talking about Lex Luthor. I would have preferred Clark revealing his secret identity to Selina at the end of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    King's Lois and Clark are really good. Clay Mann's art is fantastic as always. I didn't like Selina figuring out Superman's secret identity on her own though. It makes zero sense to me that a thief could find out it but the most intelligent man on Earth couldn't, I am talking about Lex Luthor. I would have preferred Clark revealing his secret identity to Selina at the end of the arc.
    Does she really? Ouch. Bat-God is rubbing off; that's crap.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Does she really? Ouch. Bat-God is rubbing off; that's crap.
    Yes, Selina knows it. From her words I felt like she didn't have any trouble finding it out.

Yes, Selina knows it. From her words I felt like she didn't have any trouble finding it out.
    Well, she’s a thief

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really good issue, would love to see King write Lois and Clark more.

Lex is the most intelligent MAN, yes. Not the most intelligent human being on earth apparently.

Thought this was a great issue. Only hang up is that I was kinda hoping that somewhere along the various reboots, Clark writing stories about Superman went away. Cuz that’s super-unethical, if you think about it. Plus as we see here it made his secret a dead giveaway to Selena.

I thought this was a good issue too. I love how they both had different methods of getting down to the building and elevators but ended up in the same place.

I thought the ladies looked and fitting for their personas; Lois looked more pretty and business casual while Selina was slinky and sexy, all while kicking some butt, lol!
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-06-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Well she's not a stupid woman or dumb. She's actually quite smart and if she is one of best thieves in the world that can break in and out of any place, then it wouldn't be a stretch to see that she could figure Clark's identity out.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It was alright. I mean, it was pretty weird how it's like they don't even know if they're friends, when you consider that these two have known each other for well over ten years. Batman was there for Jon's birth, even. And the "side by side doing the same thing and saying the same things about each other" thing is such a dead horse, I felt like enough already it before the preview pages ended. But not a bad comic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Thought this was a great issue. Only hang up is that I was kinda hoping that somewhere along the various reboots, Clark writing stories about Superman went away. Cuz that’s super-unethical, if you think about it. Plus as we see here it made his secret a dead giveaway to Selena.
    The ethical issue is a misnomer for the most part. He doesn't write about Superman, he writes about events in which Superman has had involvement, in addition to writing many other topics. Clark doesn't have a monopoly on Superman stories, like how Peter Parker shoots Spider-Man in a way impossible to anyone else, as the competitors get to run plenty of their own. He didn't do an interview since he joined the DP and his regular articles omit any firsthand data, even if the experience makes the information he relays most accurate. We've seen his articles on a number of occassions, and it's not like he necessarily takes a pro Superman bias.

Catwoman finding out was dumb. It fits a comic like Harley, but not Batman unless King has been breaking the fourth wall as a regular part of his run.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Batman issue #36 discussion (spoilers)

It's freakin great!

That's basically all that needs to be said about this issue and Superman and Lois' appearance in it. It's pretty far and away the best classic Superman and Lois action story I've read in like, what, 6--no maybe 7 years. Lois and Clark are cute, funny, smart, efficient, and charming here.

And that ending where the two knuckleheads say all those things about each other before meeting up and getting back to what they do was fantastic. It was kind of adorable seeing that sort of character come out of the two of them.

So, yeah, again, it's freakin great.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Lex doesn't see that Clark is Superman mainly because of blind ego. Clark can't be Superman to him, because someone worthy enough to stalemate him would never work a 9 to 5, get yelled at by a boss, occasionally make a fool of himself, and relinquish godhood to go to PTA meetings. I think that's more or less been the main reasoning why Lex doesn't put it together.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-06-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spectacular Member

I follow batman closer than superman, but in this continuity is Lois often sighted with Superman? I think it makes more sense that catwoman would figure it out - Lois has some connection to Superman, Lois married to Clark, Clark writes about Superman related stories. Her job is finding people's secrets, and finding out how they protect them - this seems more up her alley than Lex who's intelligence is focused in a different area. I agree with superlad's ego-blindness comment especially.

Are Clark/Lois friends with Bruce outwardly in this continuity? Being an insider on the Bruce/Batman side would also make friend choices of Bruce that are "odd" stick out a bit and therefore put more suspicion on them as to "why".

This was a fun issue. Does it resemble much Superman/Lois in the Superman main book?

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    Does it resemble much Superman/Lois in the Superman main book?
    No.

And it blows my mind that it doesn't. Usually the main books leave Lois out or they try an give her some weapon to show how "bad-ass" she is. But they hardly ever show this sort of seasoned team dynamic that brings together Clark/Superman's action and Lois writing/wits to take down a situation from multiple angles. As I said before, it's usually, at best, just giving Lois a weapon and telling her to lay down some cover fire while Superman and Superboy beat the thing up. But that's not to say she hasn't had her moments of being cool, but they just haven't felt like it's be tailored to her element at all.

I'd actually much rather this sort of Lois who feels like she could outwit a space lord before Superman comes in and lays the dude out.