Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Congratulations to Ajax_X for a marvelous cover which was part of a powerful set of covers for a Scarlet Witch series. Even though the color scheme was limited on every one of those covers, the Aja art brought a sense of unity to a series with a different aertist for every issue.

And those of you who actually saw the first cover I had posted this week, you can probably predict what the captain has learned this week. Yes, going with your first instinct is often the best strategy. And choice of cover should be a stronger role than bad joke. You know if a thousand monkeys were to post the same cover every week, eventually Shakespeare will win. I've really learned Marvel should have thrown a Sterankoesque artist on those covers and kept a sense of family in that Fury series. Because it was a good series. #entitledfanboywhining

Congratulations to Ajax_X.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Congrats Ajax!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thanx All! will have a new thread when i get home tonight,

Congrats Ajax

And thanks for the vote Enigmatic Undead and for the hon. mentions kirby101, Iron Maiden and SSS

Here's a cover I thought someone might toss into the ring, if only in a light-hearted way. True, it has more than 4 colors but it puts the 4 most important colors--shades of cyan, magenta, black and yellow --front and center

Last edited by Shalla Bal; 12-13-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Congrats Ajax! :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Here's a cover I thought someone might toss into the ring, if only in a light-hearted way. True, it has more than 4 colors but it puts the 4 most important colors--shades of cyan, magenta, black and yellow --front and center

One of the only FF issues I still don't have (this color error, that is. I started buying regularly with this issue so it hold meaning for me.) Don't tell Mrs Cleghorn, she'll ban me from eBay for hunting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    And those of you who actually saw the first cover I had posted this week, you can probably predict what the captain has learned this week. Yes, going with your first instinct is often the best strategy. And choice of cover should be a stronger role than bad joke.
    LOL I caught your change of cover, although after you switched yours, Ajax_X used a bigger more impact-full version of it than you had. So you might not have have won with it anyway.

I missed the voting, congrats Ajax_X ....& CaptCleghorn
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-13-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL I caught your change of cover, although after you switched yours, Ajax_X used a bigger more impact-full version of it than you had. So you might not have have won with it anyway.

I missed the voting, congrats Ajax_X
    I did take it down and Ajax took advantage of it. Well played, Ajax, well played.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I forgot which theme of the week it was but I used a Scarlet Witch cover with no results. You win some, you lose some I guess Can't say enough how much l love those covers by David Aja.

I think I can still buy some shirts with some of those covers in the ladies section of WeLoveFine.com

glad i didn't see it , was a little slow to the thread this week, But i had alternatives ready!