Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Alpha

I liked the Alpha issue. Great art too. Welcome back, Flash. Good to see you again.

Also, spoilers:
    glad Mania wasn't killed.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I liked the Alpha issue. Great art too. Welcome back, Flash. Good to see you again.

Also, spoilers:
    glad Mania wasn't killed.
    end of spoilers
    Yup, the Alpha issue was awesome. For anyone who's been missing Flash in Venom's world - GET THIS ISSUE!!

Stegman really killed it on art, too. Love the design for Maniac. Really cool look.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yup, the Alpha issue was awesome. For anyone who's been missing Flash in Venom's world - GET THIS ISSUE!!

Stegman really killed it on art, too. Love the design for Maniac. Really cool look.
    Yeah, it was much better than I was expecting after reading that Bleeding Cool spoiler-review. Thought it was pretty great all-round, though I wasn't a huge fan of Maniac's look myself.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Great issue! I absolutely LOVE Stegman's art. And it's nice to see Flash back as Venom (or should I say "Anti-Venom"?)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Great issue! I absolutely LOVE Stegman's art. And it's nice to see Flash back as Venom (or should I say "Anti-Venom"?)
    Ryan Stegman draws a very good Agent Anti-Venom. Just invert those colors, and he'd have been ideal on Flash's Venom series, if he wasn't working on Scarlet Spider (starring Kaine) at the time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

All in all, it was pretty good, though I hope Flash calls out Spider-Man on his myopic attitude toward the symbiote. Yeah, Eddie Brock did horrible things with the symbiote on him, but that was on Brock and his choices, particularly his choice to blame Spider-Man for him getting fired from The Daily Globe instead of admitting that he should've double-checked and verified his sources better. Flash showed that the symbiote could be harnessed as a force for good and, more importantly, that it wanted to be a force for good, not just what Spider-Man dismissed as a "monster from outer space," so he'd definitely have a much better, or at least more rounded, perspective on it that I'd hope would finally reach him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    All in all, it was pretty good, though I hope Flash calls out Spider-Man on his myopic attitude toward the symbiote. Yeah, Eddie Brock did horrible things with the symbiote on him, but that was on Brock and his choices, particularly his choice to blame Spider-Man for him getting fired from The Daily Globe instead of admitting that he should've double-checked and verified his sources better. Flash showed that the symbiote could be harnessed as a force for good and, more importantly, that it wanted to be a force for good, not just what Spider-Man dismissed as a "monster from outer space," so he'd definitely have a much better, or at least more rounded, perspective on it that I'd hope would finally reach him.
    Yeah, that whole bit seemed very OOC from Peter, not just this issue, but in previous issues of Costa’s Venom as well. I did a whole rant about it earlier, but to summarize, hopefully Peter stops acting like a hypocritical douchebag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    By the end of this crossover, Peter's attitude may soften. I feel like they're actually having him take a hard line on the symboite up front just so there'll be some kind of arc in this story where Peter comes to develop more of an appreciation for the good the symboite can do. I don't really blame Peter for not being fond of the symboite, though, given his traumatic history with it.

By the end of this crossover, Peter's attitude may soften. I feel like they're actually having him take a hard line on the symboite up front just so there'll be some kind of arc in this story where Peter comes to develop more of an appreciation for the good the symboite can do. I don't really blame Peter for not being fond of the symboite, though, given his traumatic history with it.
    I think I said this before, but you don't see Peter trying to kill Osborn, or Kasady, or Octavius, or hell, even Eddie. All of whom are morally much worse than the symbiote, who literally apologized to Peter and told him it was sorry it had done all that while it was completely insane. So there is still no excuse for this OOC hypocritical douchebag version of Peter which Costa likes to write.

Great issue and art. Haven't been a big fan of Marvel lately, but his crossover looks promising.

I was real nervous how much Flash would really be involved, but this issue was really a lot about him. So I'm super pumped for the rest.

I enjoyed this issue flash looked dope as the new Anti Venom. Spiderman's position on the symbiote will probably change after the end of this crossover. I don't blame him for acting like that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I think I said this before, but you don't see Peter trying to kill Osborn, or Kasady, or Octavius, or hell, even Eddie. All of whom are morally much worse than the symbiote, who literally apologized to Peter and told him it was sorry it had done all that while it was completely insane. So there is still no excuse for this OOC hypocritical douchebag version of Peter which Costa likes to write.
    The difference being that these other villains are human beings (albeit scummy ones) while the symboite is literally alien slime. Given that, it's likely easier for Peter to see it as something that needs to be destroyed. It may not be a fair outlook but I can understand it.

The difference being that these other villains are human beings (albeit scummy ones) while the symboite is literally alien slime. Given that, it's likely easier for Peter to see it as something that needs to be destroyed. It may not be a fair outlook but I can understand it.
    Except as he said, the symbiote has actually spoken to Peter, person to person and apologized for what it did and showed him that it had changed for the better. If anything, Peter should have been more concerned with the person who stole the Mania symbiote rather than trying to kill Venom because...reasons. There's not even any given reason for Peter's hostility towards it in Costa's run, especially when he knows that Price was a completely different person in the suit.

Pretty cool issue.