Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I loved this, great beginning. I hope that somehow they work in the fact that Looter's powers also come from outer space. And I loved the new Anti-Venom look.

I wonder, though, if the reason why only Flash was transformed while the symbiote survived might have been due to the symbiote trying to reproduce. This isn't stated explicitly, but it might explain why both Flash and Eddie had alien mouths. We've seen symbiotes reproduce before instantly while under stress before. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Maniac's ability to control the symbiotes that he spews out is similar to what Carnage did in Carnage USA.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The difference being that these other villains are human beings (albeit scummy ones) while the symboite is literally alien slime. Given that, it's likely easier for Peter to see it as something that needs to be destroyed. It may not be a fair outlook but I can understand it.
    I'm pretty sure it was established that the symbiote is as, if not more, sentient and intelligent as any human a while back (this was especially developed in Venom: Spaceknight). And Peter knows that as of the end of Venom: Spaceknight, where the symbiote gave him a heartfelt apology. Which is why I think his behaviour in this whole run of Venom has been horribly OOC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was established that the symbiote is as, if not more, sentient and intelligent as any human a while back (this was especially developed in Venom: Spaceknight). And Peter knows that as of the end of Venom: Spaceknight, where the symbiote gave him a heartfelt apology. Which is why I think his behaviour in this whole run of Venom has been horribly OOC.
    It certainly seems a bit harsh for Peter so hopefully it's part of a journey of him coming around to a more accepting place with the symbiote.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It certainly seems a bit harsh for Peter so hopefully it's part of a journey of him coming around to a more accepting place with the symbiote.
    True. Let’s see what happens.

Mighty Member

The most likely reason for the change in Peter is the Marvel is pushing things back to where they were ~1990. The symbiote is going to be a vicious, half-witted, monster. (The more noble members of the symbiote species will either not appear, or die in a back-up story.)

Hopefully, this series leads to Costa being able to use Lee Price again.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 12-07-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

CBR's Jim Johnson gives a positive review.

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...-alpha-review/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Wasn't planning on picking this up due to Marvel's track record with "events" large and small but decided to take a chance after paging through and seeing Stegman's art. He's one of my top 5 for Spidey. Overall a nice start for the event, the only item not to my liking was seeing Felicia in her current persona and then utilizing the goofy tail or whip or whatever it is like she was the Scorpion. Please let Venom draw the evil out of her and bring back the Black Cat at her best..

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    All in all, it was pretty good, though I hope Flash calls out Spider-Man on his myopic attitude toward the symbiote. Yeah, Eddie Brock did horrible things with the symbiote on him, but that was on Brock and his choices, particularly his choice to blame Spider-Man for him getting fired from The Daily Globe instead of admitting that he should've double-checked and verified his sources better. Flash showed that the symbiote could be harnessed as a force for good and, more importantly, that it wanted to be a force for good, not just what Spider-Man dismissed as a "monster from outer space," so he'd definitely have a much better, or at least more rounded, perspective on it that I'd hope would finally reach him.
    Peter has already seen the symbiote do good. Hell, it actually APOLOGIZED to him. Showed him the truth and all. It seemed like they buried the hatchet finally. So for Peter to be so gung-ho on destroying it is annoying as hell. Flash is all "I can control it. I have controlled it. It's okay." And Peter is all "I'm gonna kill it anyway." It's the only downside to an otherwise stellar issue.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Peter has already seen the symbiote do good. Hell, it actually APOLOGIZED to him. Showed him the truth and all. It seemed like they buried the hatchet finally. So for Peter to be so gung-ho on destroying it is annoying as hell. Flash is all "I can control it. I have controlled it. It's okay." And Peter is all "I'm gonna kill it anyway." It's the only downside to an otherwise stellar issue.
    Peter has been under alot of stress lately, and agreements with Venom in the past have often fallen through, so I can understand where Spider-Man could quickly revert to simply wanting to get rid of the symbiote.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Peter has been under alot of stress lately, and agreements with Venom in the past have often fallen through, so I can understand where Spider-Man could quickly revert to simply wanting to get rid of the symbiote.
    Yeah, I think for Peter the bad outweighs the good with the symbiote. Sure, it apologized to Peter but words only count for so much and, given their history, I think Peter must feel that the symbiote is more trouble than it's worth. We know that he's wrong about that but I don't think it's hard to sympathize with Peter's position, even if we don't agree with it.

BANNED

the symbiotes situation seemes like a soap opera heroine or vamp in this case with both brock and flash fighting over it and the ex whom it had obsessed over and fought with trying to kill it in form of peter. kind of reminds me of Jean being torn between boy scout Scott and bad boy wolvie.

Mighty Member

This almost reads like a DC event, with the set-up telegraphing where and what state the characters will be in by the end of the arc. Flash getting the white anti-Venom suit was exceptionally painful to read. (Why is Marvel forcing a plot-point to keep a d-list concept like Anti-Venom in play?)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I'm probably going to be in the minority on this, but as the opening chapter for this crossover, I thought Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Alpha #1 was nothing to write home about in terms of it's story. That being said, Ryan Stegman's art in this--especially his splash pages--are downright fantastic...as if there was any doubt about this.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Alpha #1
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I get he's been through a lot. But he also knows that the symbiote is a living sentient creature. He knows that it's capable of doing good. Even after all he's been through, being all "Kill it and be done with him" Is waaaaaaaaay out of character for Spider-Man.

iMan 42s

Based on what I'm hearing;

"No one dies! except for the alien."

Gotta wonder why its so different when its an alien.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.