Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Magneto has flipped quite a few times, and I've read nearly all of them up to the '90s or so when I got tired of X-comics. Magneto is truly one of the most interesting characters in that 'verse.

With Logan, Loki and other characters, we see that morally ambiguous or mutable is actually something movie goers and comic fans like. Mags has been evil and not so evil in the current movies; why would that change and why would the character care, if I'm reading him right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    What would come first? AvX the movie? or AvX 2 the comic?
    Well, I'm not expecting an X-Men movie in the first three years or so at least.

"Fair is another planet" - from a customer service class I took years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Magneto has flipped quite a few times, and I've read nearly all of them up to the '90s or so when I got tired of X-comics. Magneto is truly one of the most interesting characters in that 'verse.

With Logan, Loki and other characters, we see that morally ambiguous or mutable is actually something movie goers and comic fans like. Mags has been evil and not so evil in the current movies; why would that change and why would the character care, if I'm reading him right?
    Mags killed god knows how many with an earthquake in the last movie, I still don't get why the X men haven't beaten him to pulp and sent him to jail

All-New Member

I'm hyped for the F4 but I couldn't give less of a crap about X-Men, because the fanbase kinda ruined the franchise for me.

BANNED

In Phase 4, The Magneto/Doom War...for ALL THE MARBLES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And what do you mean by "normiefying"?
    Saltiness that the X-Men are no longer the dominant Marvel characters like they were in the 90's and being happy that they might be put back on top and shoving the others back to the secondary status "where they belong" is what I'm guessing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Bit View Post
    I'm hyped for the F4 but I couldn't give less of a crap about X-Men, because the fanbase kinda ruined the franchise for me.
    I don't blame you one bit.

Ahhhh, but perhaps one way or another, a unified or somehow cohesive/co-existing universe may do to "the franchise" what the comic books cannot do.

As opposed to comics, monthly or whatever frequency they are published, movies still have much, much higher rate of being seen.
    Therefore, more people, especially many, many people who have no relationship to these characters in the comics, will see all these characters interacting for the most part without the requisite bitterness, snobbery, arrogant, self-righteousness that fans of the franchise have brought.
    At last characters will get down from their high horses and perhaps things will be like an earlier era of the comics. My favorite eras for X-characters were pretty much before the early '90s.

I'm hyped for the FF most of all because their films have been bad but the X-Men in the MCU will be cool. But I'm hyped for both to perhaps get more love when it comes to games, animation, and merchandising.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Mags killed god knows how many with an earthquake in the last movie, I still don't get why the X men haven't beaten him to pulp and sent him to jail
    Because they can't because he kicks their ass all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Saltiness that the X-Men are no longer the dominant Marvel characters like they were in the 90's and being happy that they might be put back on top and shoving the others back to the secondary status "where they belong" is what I'm guessing.
    You mean the characters that saved Marvel Comics and kicked DC off top?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It's the Fox-men. Don't expect logic or proper characterization in those films.

While I'm really looking forward to the New Mutants films...

Galactus would make a great villain for the next wave of Marvel films, and could be used to introduce the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer to the MCU...

And the licensing embargo would finally end, meaning the FF could return to games based on the Marvel Universe.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

Disney buying Fox is too much. If they can get the license for F4 great (X-Men, imo, is better off in its own world anyway), but Disney is already ridiculously powerful. Ultimately, I really can't see the acquisition as a good thing.