Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

MOST X-Men and FF fans are ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I can tell you one thing about the future: the only way Johnny Storm is getting together with Crystal will be on tv, not in the movies.
    Lol, isn't that the truth. A pity actually, because I'd loved to have seen them together.

You are absolutely predicting that the Inhumans will never show up in any movies, ever again. Okay. In the early '90s, about 20 years after Crystal dumped Johnny for Quicksilver in the comics, there was a TV cartoon of the FF, which replayed (2nd season) the classic first Inhumans story from the FF.

Even 20 years after a canon marriage in comics, other media wanted to do the original story.

You are saying that if the FF come back to Disney/MCU etc, there is no way that some of their classic stories, characters or memes would be used, or specifically this one.

I hope you're wrong, but I guess I'll think about your prediction.

The problem is that Crystal was already used in the Inhumans TV series, and the Torch would be a movie character.

Anyway, any deal would be good news for gaming and animation, which would no longer pretend the F4 and mutants don't exist. Probably not sop good news for movies as there's a good chance we'll get less per year than before, as the X movies would be slotted in pushing other titles back (as happened when Ant-Man was given a sequel and when they got the Spidey rights back) instead of being extras added to Disney's schedule.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-06-2017 at 06:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You are absolutely predicting that the Inhumans will never show up in any movies, ever again. Okay.
    Due to a spillage of Terrigen in the ocean, people all over the world have been undergoing Terrigenesis. This has been going on in the Agents Of SHIELD show, the show most closely linked to the movies of all the Marvel shows, for over two years now.

You'd expect the movies to have made a small reference to this by now...

Remember when Inhumans was a planned movie, back before Perlmutter was kicked out of the movies?

I only care about the X-Men in the movies; I rarely read or care about them in the comics; they seem like they (and their fans) only want them in their own world.

I'm planning on reading X-Men Red, since I'll always love Jean and Namor helps too.

I would prefer for the X-Men to be a part of the MCU in a more realistic way; not hidden and divisive with the rest of the world.
    THE WORLD HAS CHANGED and more things; gay, Muslim, Latino, disabled, transgender, etc. etc. are accepted or moving in that path. What, everyone is more into diversity, except for mutants? Pppfffffffftttttt!

So it doesn't make sense to me, to keep them in their same old stance of "everyone hates us". There are far more interesting commonalities that should be explored, rather than these old, same, boring memes from 50 years ago.

I would be happy if the FF get some what canon treatment and be allowed to keep the things that made them great. Lets have Johnny have the romance with Crystal, like they never should have changed in the first place. Things like that.
    I believe the X-Men analogy is long overdue for an update. Things have changed and the X-Men should represent that progress has been made, but we still have a long way to go. Not mutant hunting robots everyday.

On the Johnny and Crystal thing. I liked the relationship, but it had to end. It was a story about first love and that rarely lasts, so I found the relationship ending very realistic and I wouldn't want to change that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Due to a spillage of Terrigen in the ocean, people all over the world have been undergoing Terrigenesis. This has been going on in the Agents Of SHIELD show, the show most closely linked to the movies of all the Marvel shows, for over two years now.

Remember when Inhumans was a planned movie, back before Perlmutter was kicked out of the movies?
    Yeah, I can only see it coming up if they decide to use Ms Marvel - since the terrigen bomb was her origin in the comics.

But she and the Inhumans were also on the big screen in the IMAX thing too. Things like this can always be re-negotiated.

While I realize to many of you - you neither want, or just feel the ship has sailed, you should consider that if Disney and Fox are negotiating rights, it does not mean that the Inhumans will just drop out of sight forever. Especially if the TV show is not renewed.

The Inhumans only came to Marvel due to some negotiations because they originally were included in the FF rights. Why would they not use one of the more interesting other concepts of that franchise.

We're talking about ways things will blend in, or possible re-boots. Anything is possible and despite what some think, their Friday night ratings were better than expected - - because - - these things are not just made for comic fans. A big part is how it goes over for the General Audience.

I'm not here to argue the merits of INhumans franchise at all, I'm just saying with all of this, we dont' really know what executives may want. A particular quote was that they were going to be far more innovative than 'now'. Anything could be included.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I can only see it coming up if they decide to use Ms Marvel - since the terrigen bomb was her origin in the comics.
    Even then, there is absolutely nothing about her that really required her to be an Inhuman.

BANNED

The Inhumans only came to Marvel due to some negotiations because they originally were included in the FF rights. Why would they not use one of the more interesting other concepts of that franchise.
    I'm pretty sure that Kevin Feige's opinion on this includes the words dead, my, body, and over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Well I love forward Avengers vs X-men 2
    The comic will be crap but the movie will be good, just like civil war

What would come first? AvX the movie? or AvX 2 the comic?

The Kree have appeared in AoS and also in Guardians/Galaxy.

No I don't expect that because development of movies is different/timed than TV. We'd need a really great editor or continuity editor to understand that. Things that are topically mentioned in AoS and could be relevant, would have to be more synched to that particular movie.

It is true that the movies don't have quite the connective tissue, though Winter Soldier did have stuff for AoS, not backwards. Probably more due to timing of tv seasons vs movies. They're on different time tables and more WOULD have to be done to be connective.

Disney is going for more of this control, and maybe at some point there will be connective tissue. A season or back in AoS they referenced DD, and I think, maybe some minor elements in one of the Netflix comes up in AoS.

So... we could do the same to incorporate mutants into the MCU. They're not required to be mutants, just miracles, like Wanda and Pietro in AoU.

BANNED

I only care about the X-Men in the movies; I rarely read or care about them in the comics; they seem like they (and their fans) only want them in their own world.

I'm planning on reading X-Men Red, since I'll always love Jean and Namor helps too.

I would prefer for the X-Men to be a part of the MCU in a more realistic way; not hidden and divisive with the rest of the world.
    THE WORLD HAS CHANGED and more things; gay, Muslim, Latino, disabled, transgender, etc. etc. are accepted or moving in that path. What, everyone is more into diversity, except for mutants? Pppfffffffftttttt!

So it doesn't make sense to me, to keep them in their same old stance of "everyone hates us". There are far more interesting commonalities that should be explored, rather than these old, same, boring memes from 50 years ago.

Yeah wait until magneto, shaw, apocalypse, selene and exodus all together go on a mass murder genocidal spree claiming for mutant supremacy and let's see how much people love them. People hating and fearing many for the action of few is shamefully still a fact of life, very realistic and trying to hide it doesn't help at all. Mutants aren't hated only because they're different, but because there are many dangerous folk among them, and even if there are X men that try to make bridges there are people that will always hate mutants because some psycho mutant has hurt them or someone close to them
    Last edited by wano; 12-06-2017 at 06:20 PM.

There's been a number of articles that indicate he won't be over this forever, or even possibly after the current phases. Other people might have different, better ideas. There is nothing wrong with trying to put the Inhumans on the big screen. It would have been a winner like G/G if they had done it right. More budget, etc.

And a part of their story actually ties in with X-Men and Outer Space/Shiar 's galaxy with the Reign of Kings storyline. We just need to have fair and open minded folks, rather than people who are scared their character will lose out, or is much more important. (I'm not saying that's where you're coming from, btw)