Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm not really happy with the idea of the deal, given that I really want to see the future X-Men movies that were said to be in the works, something I don't think is likely to happen if the company is sold to Disney. I like the MCU and the X-Men movies, but this is one case where I don't want my peanut butter getting mixed up in my chocolate.

I can care less about the F4, so no thoughts on that, except I'd probably give an MCU F4 movie a chance if one was ever made.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I’m happy. The X-Men movies are so hit and miss. You get a good one then you get 2 terrible ones. So hopefully they can bring some consistency. But even more I’m happy about what this can mean for X-Men comics.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-06-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Team Fox! I want New Mutants trilogy. X-23 Movie.
    I'm not a part of whatever team, but I want those as well and probably a Dark Phoenix movie too.

I can't really remember a MCU movie that was really good (some Cap were more than ok) and I didn't find all of them being even fun. Could we see a movie like Logan in this universe?

The share universe and continuity could also be a plague for up not really deeply related to the Avengers.

That's why I fear the FF movies if they happen or the use of FF characters and villain could be done in a way that wouldn't satisfy my needs... I want some true FF / Doom / Galactus / Negative Zone stories without Iron Man or Guardians of Galaxy.

For the comic books it's clearly a good thing. But now they have to make good comics...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And what do you mean by "normiefying"?
    Dumbing down a character and property to appeal to the average moviegoer who doesn't really care about the characters and is there for the quips. See Doctor Strange suddenly turning 30 YOs, making quips and smooching in the middle of exorcisms. See the cringe-worthy "facial hair bros" joke that has been all over Social Media. See Tony Stark's complete character reinvention as an RDJ clone without the charm but with all the immaturity. See the GotG being "revamped" and looking nothing like their '08 versions and being "le ebin quipsters" during the Bendis era. And so on and so forth.
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 12-07-2017 at 12:21 AM.

I see every comic book movie. My fear is it will mean less movies. But as with all of it. It’s just speculation. We have no idea how it will unfold. But the MCU has rarely tried any genre breaking stuff.

While they are good. It’s like each film follows the same formula. So my opinion is just based on what I’ve seen from the MCU. Fox takes risks. WB with DC even takes risks. I’ve not seen the MCU take one.

I want my New Mutants trilogy. I want my X-23 Dafne Keen R rage solo. I want vulgar and not neutered Deadpool. X-Force and Gambit to happen.

BANNED

You know, it is entirely possible that when Disney buys the 20th Century Fox film studio, 20th Century Fox will remain a largely independant entity, and actually will get to keep the X-Men and FF.

BANNED

I am very happy

I won’t be happy until it happens.
    Iron Man fan

I just hope the X-Men get better writers.

I couldn't be more excited about the F4 potentially coming home. I have waited for what seems to be an eternity for them to get their dues. And the only way I see that happening is under the Marvel/Disney umbrella.

And while I can say I am super excited at the prospect of movies, what excites me more is the lift of the embargo that the F4 are suffering under. They can be included in videogames, toys and comics again without any sort of animosity.

As far as the X-Men are concerned, I would also love to see them rejoin their proper home, but I am a little worried about this particular IP overshadowing everything else.

My feelings are mixed, but I think on the whole it would be good for the comics and potentially for animation.

I'm worried about the broader implications of the deal, though, particularly the notion of James Murdoch being potentially in the line of succession to Bob Iger https://www.ft.com/content/0c78437e-...9-c64b1c09b482 Murdoch's actions (or perhaps more accurately inaction) in relation to the phone hacking scandal in the UK makes grim reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_..._and_aftermath

Hopefully Disney have better sense than to go for a Murdoch family succession.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Dumbing down a character and property to appeal to the average moviegoer who doesn't really care about the characters and is there for the quips. See Doctor Strange suddenly turning 30 YOs, making quips and smooching in the middle of exorcisms. See the cringe-worthy "facial hair bros" joke that has been all over Social Media. See Tony Stark's complete character reinvention as an RDJ clone without the charm but with all the immaturity. See the GotG being "revamped" and looking nothing like their '08 versions and being "le ebin quipsters" during the Bendis era. And so on and so forth.
    I'll admit to a spasm of irritation when I was reading Deadpool and saw the Collector being envisioned as his MCU counterpart. I'm not exactly sure who that kind of synergy is expected to benefit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I'll admit to a spasm of irritation when I was reading Deadpool and saw the Collector being envisioned as his MCU counterpart. I'm not exactly sure who that kind of synergy is expected to benefit.
    The imaginary new customer who, after watching a 2hr movie for 7.5$ is going to spend 4$ for a 20 pg comic book that'll be over in 2 minutes. And said customer is gonna need the character to act exactly like in the movie. I mean, it's not the 6 decades worth of stories that'll confuse them, or the non-movie characters,but the personality of the lead! The "facial hair bros" line was just the final straw for me. But hey, Twitter is filled with "I NEEEEEEEEED this in IW" so, maybe this isn't a hobby for me anymore. I mean, if you want a line for newcomers, just create one, ala Ultimate. Don't compromise by ruining everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    With the rumors of Disney acquiring Fox that means the F4 and X-Men return to the MCU. Which also means the petty Disney/Fox beef ends. Now I havent been keeping up with comics in a while but when I did(around Secret Wars) both X-Men and F4(especially) been getting crapped on due to Marvel comics not wanting to promote characters licensed by Fox. We seen this with the F4 comics getting discontinued and with Marvel forcing the Inhumans down our throats as the mutant replacement.

With this coming to an end hopefully BOTH the X-Men and F4 get treated fairly in the comics. What are you guys thoughts?
    Eh, all I give a damn about is seeing Rogue and Storm done right for once. Fox turned some of the strongest females in comic books into background noise. I don't want to see the X-Men movies become silly like Guardians though.

I'm just happy because this means the stupid embargos in other media will be over. Not having the X-Men in the last Marvel vs. Capcom was a massive PR blunder the game never recovered from.