Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

as someone who cares for comics and videogames infinitely much more than for movies, I am happy.

My fear is X-Men comics becoming disneyfied, only very wholesome we are all a family books, very pg13.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    as someone who cares for comics and videogames infinitely much more than for movies, I am happy.

My fear is X-Men comics becoming disneyfied, only very wholesome we are all a family books, very pg13.
    If that were the case it would have happened already. The Avengers were owned from the beginning and yet the last event had Captain America as an evil Nazi who broke Black Widows neck. I wouldn't be worried at all.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This sure has been a roller coaster past year or so. It started out as another year without a Fantastic Four comic, with Johnny and Ben barely contacting each other as they ended up with different teams in different books. Then they had their first meeting post Secret Wars and ironically it took place in Doom's solo comic, Infamous Iron Man.
    Then we heard about Fox shopping around the entertainment portion of the business and our hopes were raised, then dashed again. The announcement of the revival of Marvel 2 in One starring Ben and Johnny was a welcome surprise and now the Disney deal looks more and more likely than ever before. The doubter in me won't believe it until I see the Fantastic Four or the Silver Surfer or Doctor Doom or even Diablo appear in one of those bonus scenes during the closing credits.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Now I havent been keeping up with comics in a while but when I did(around Secret Wars) both X-Men and F4(especially) been getting crapped on due to Marvel comics not wanting to promote characters licensed by Fox. We seen this with the F4 comics getting discontinued and with Marvel forcing the Inhumans down our throats as the mutant replacement.
    Never happened. The Mutants came back after AVX. Now they have a ton of books and movies, etc. The Inhumans had like around 3 books, and there can't be any more Inhumans now with no more Terrigen (kinda). The Death of X thing finished already and they're now doing ResurrXion and Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would prefer for the X-Men to be a part of the MCU in a more realistic way; not hidden and divisive with the rest of the world.
    THE WORLD HAS CHANGED and more things; gay, Muslim, Latino, disabled, transgender, etc. etc. are accepted or moving in that path. What, everyone is more into diversity, except for mutants? Pppfffffffftttttt!
    So it doesn't make sense to me, to keep them in their same old stance of "everyone hates us".
    These people are still discriminated against. The amount of discrimination they face very a lot. I don't think transgender people and disabled people are even in the same level. I think this could still work with Mutants if written very well.

I just don't want to see another X-Men movie be about Professor X and Magneto. I think Deadpool did well because it showed audiences what other mutants do, and the difference between the X-Men (Collosus's way of doing things) and Deadpool (anti-hero). If they do end up with the rights to the X-Men, I hope they focus on characters like Cyclops for once, and have Rogue or Beast join the Avengers, or have an Uncanny Avengers type movie. Something different. Like Logan and Deadpool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

Why? Disney ALREADY own the X-men.

The only thing they don't own is the movie license. IF the comics were going to be Disney-fied, it would have happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You know, it is entirely possible that when Disney buys the 20th Century Fox film studio, 20th Century Fox will remain a largely independant entity, and actually will get to keep the X-Men and FF.
    While it is possible that Fox might remain largely left to its own devices (like how Pixar, LucasFilm, and Marvel itself currently are), wouldn't Disney want to put X-Men back with the company leasing out the IP? Of course, I don't know how the legalese works on that. like if Fox's contract to keep X-Men as long as they make movies would still hold as a Disney subsidiary or not. Any legal experts out there have any ideas?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

A recent report from Deadline claimed that Kevin Feige has had his eye on the X-Men for a while. He's probably had vague plans in the event the rights reverted.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I think Disney only cares where the X-Men are when it comes to $$$. If they think they can make more money with the X-Men mushed into the MCU, then they'll do that. If not, then no. If Disney thought it would make money, they'd put Luke Skywalker in the Avengers without a second thought. That is the extent of their caring.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Pretty stoked. If Fox had held out much longer, MCU would've eventually had to do Secret Wars without the X-Men, Magneto, the FF, Doom or Galactus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While it is possible that Fox might remain largely left to its own devices (like how Pixar, LucasFilm, and Marvel itself currently are), wouldn't Disney want to put X-Men back with the company leasing out the IP? Of course, I don't know how the legalese works on that. like if Fox's contract to keep X-Men as long as they make movies would still hold as a Disney subsidiary or not. Any legal experts out there have any ideas?
    I suppose it depends on how much they are willing to rock the MCU boat.

Extraordinary Member

As a fan of the X-Men movies currently, I’m not sure how I feel about it. I kind of like the X-Men in their own universe because that franchise kind of is so vast in its own right. But, I would probably be on board if they work out something that allows Fox to keep making X-Men movies set in their own universe, while Marvel launches a more comic-faithful O5 movie franchise. It would be really nice to see Marvel finally stop pushing the Inhumans as X-Men replacements.

As an FF fan, however, I’m more than excited because Marvel might actually get the FF right. However, we’ll have to wait and see. If even Marvel Studios gets an FF movie wrong and it sucks, well they might be benched for good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    As a FF fan. Hell yeah! I'm happy and excited!

This for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I suppose it depends on how much they are willing to rock the MCU boat.
    Yeah, and what all the managers want to do when all is said and done (assuming that this does go through). Pretty hard to predict when we don't know the long-term plans are.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)