Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You are literally arguing in favor of PIS at this point. She operates at BT speeds just fine on many many occasions.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Earlier in the movie she blocked pistol shots from several people coming from several directions in London. Calling her not a bullet timer at any point after leaving the Island makes no sense, it is literally one of the most iconic things about her. Oh yeah, and once she gets into the village and jumps into the room with the soldiers, she starts blocking bullets again. What contradictory showings are there to support the claim she isn't a bullet timer?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fOJ8sghp4

The fact that she's plainly moving slower than MCU Cap. I mean, I don't deny she's dodging or blocking bullets after they've been fired. But aside from the two times when the bullet goes slo-mo past her face, Diana not moving faster than a fit person could in plain clothes. Maybe it's the limits of the medium?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You are literally arguing in favor of PIS at this point. She operates at BT speeds just fine on many many occasions.
    Nope. PIS is where the plot makes a character artificially stupid. This is closer to CIS, except that's not a perfect fit either since it's not Diana's fault that she's not at the peak of her powers yet.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 12-06-2017 at 08:37 PM.

And Cap pretty much is in fact hopelessly outclassed in strength for that matter. He kicks the hummer like 4 or 5 feet. Hummers are... 6000? 7000 pounds? Been a while since I checked.

An APC is usually between 9-15 tons. And it went flipping head over heels.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

And Cap pretty much is in fact hopelessly outclassed in strength for that matter. He kicks the hummer like 4 or 5 feet. Hummers are... 6000? 7000 pounds? Been a while since I checked.

An APC is usually between 9-15 tons. And it went flipping head over heels.
    This is World War 1 man. It's just an armored up car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWuafJtMrBE

The top feats are smashing into the church tower and completely collapsing its upper portion without taking a lick of damage, and casually digging handholds into a sheer stone wall with her bare hands.

PIS is the Flash moving slower than his consistent high end showings suggest he can for the convenience of having a credible foe. Sound familiar?

I mean, by your argument, in Justice League she is STILL not moving faster than "a fit human in regular clothes" in any scene that doesn't involve a bullet.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    This is World War 1 man. It's just an armored up car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWuafJtMrBE

The top feats are smashing into the church tower and completely collapsing its upper portion without taking a lick of damage, and casually digging handholds into a sheer stone wall with her bare hands.
    Huh. Fair enough. My memory was saying it had treads, which would have made it a 9 ton german variant I was familiar with.

It does indeed have wheels, and as such I am unsure of the weight. I take that back
    - big_adventure

Sooo despite Wondy having clear bullet time feats, she's somehow....not a bullet timer?
    I mean, the feat, is clearly bullet timing. It's right there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I'm actually gonna back out of this thread for the moment. I've had... a weird day to say the least and it may be affecting my mood. Cheers
    - big_adventure

Yeah, I don't see how she isn't a bullet timer after she leaves Themiscara.

I'm actually gonna back out of this thread for the moment. I've had... a weird day to say the least and it may be affecting my mood. Cheers

Always good for a laugh!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fOJ8sghp4

The fact that she's plainly moving slower than MCU Cap. I mean, I don't deny she's dodging or blocking bullets after they've been fired. But aside from the two times when the bullet goes slo-mo past her face, Diana not moving faster than a fit person could in plain clothes. Maybe it's the limits of the medium?

Nope. PIS is where the plot makes a character artificially stupid. This is closer to CIS, except that's not a perfect fit either since it's not Diana's fault that she's not at the peak of her powers yet.
    So, you are saying that she has to stay in bullet time mode the entire movie to be considered a bullet timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    So, you are saying that she has to stay in bullet time mode the entire movie to be considered a bullet timer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Sooo despite Wondy having clear bullet time feats, she's somehow....not a bullet timer?
    I mean, the feat, is clearly bullet timing. It's right there.
    I'm saying I've realized there's a part of how feats apply to real world fights that I'm fuzzy about. Diana has a few feats of her clearly at bullet time speeds, which occur whenever she becomes a blur (not in her origin story) and whenever the bullets move in slo-mo. By Batman v. Superman, let alone Justice League, she's clearly mastered the ability to go bullet time whenever she wants to. But we're spotting her bullet timer status in a situation where she is clearly supposed someone who is a bullet timer, but isn't moving faster than movie Jedi or wuxia fighters like Chen Zhen who are most assuredly not bullet timers.

PIS is the Flash moving slower than his consistent high end showings suggest he can for the convenience of having a credible foe. Sound familiar?

I mean, by your argument, in Justice League she is STILL not moving faster than "a fit human in regular clothes" in any scene that doesn't involve a bullet.
    I haven't watched Justice League, so I can't comment on that. Diana was clearly able to move at superhuman speeds in Batman v. Superman however, which makes sense since she's not a neophyte by then.

I'm saying I've realized there's a part of how feats apply to real world fights that I'm fuzzy about. Diana has a few feats of her clearly at bullet time speeds, which occur whenever she becomes a blur (not in her origin story) and whenever the bullets move in slo-mo. By Batman v. Superman, let alone Justice League, she's clearly mastered the ability to go bullet time whenever she wants to. But we're spotting her bullet timer status in a situation where she is clearly supposed someone who is a bullet timer, but isn't moving faster than movie Jedi or wuxia fighters like Chen Zhen who are most assuredly not bullet timers.
    She clearly bullet times.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I haven't watched Justice League, so I can't comment on that. Diana was clearly able to move at superhuman speeds in Batman v. Superman however, which makes sense since she's not a neophyte by then.
    The context of why she can do it or not is irrelevant. Feats are feats and she has multiple bullet timing feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    She clearly bullet times.
    She clearly blocks bullets after they've been fired, and in that sense bullet times, yes. But a bullet timer is a range of speed, and Diana clearly doesn't move at the speed of a bullet timer during most of her origin story. Like, the only logical way Diana would be able to block bullets after they've been fired while moving at the speed she does is that bullets somehow travel a helluva lot slower in the DCEU, much like we don't give Jedi bullet timer status.

This isn't an issue isolated to Wonder Woman either. It's a general actual speed vs feat depicted thing that I'm curious how it's supposed to be resolved? Should we just handwave the normal human speed and take it that the character can move at bullet time speeds because that's how they're supposed to be moving?