View Poll Results: Should she be forgiven?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 61.99%
  • No

52 30.41%
  • Unsure

13 7.60%
Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Emma tortured storm, swapped bodies, difiled her body, tried to kill her friends. it goes well beyond the idea of people not being friends.
    The way that people seem to hand-waive Ororo's rape (twice by Emma) is really sickening to me. I'm not sure if this is sexism, racism, or both. Probably both. We can tell who they voted for last year and who they're probably going to vote for again.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Oh please. Let somebody invade your body and "kill" you off and we'll see how you react. She purposely sullied Ororo's body by smoking and then having sex with Sebastian Shaw. She got a cheap thrill out of it and so did Sebastian. Both are vile, despicable human beings who raped Ororo's body. Which isn't a first for the fake blonde.
    Not even the last. She was about to rape Tyke on x-men blue

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    At a guess, Scott+Jean-Forever fans.
    Of all the charges against Emma being tossed around in this thread I think Adult Scott and Jean are one of the least injured parties. People seem to be focused more on Storm and Tyke.

Besides, Jean's given Emma her comeuppance on more than one occasion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not even the last. She was about to rape Tyke on x-men blue
    Oh, I know. That and Wiccan and Speed. She's been trying to rape children now as well, probably because she can't have any of her own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Of all the charges against Emma being tossed around in this thread I think Adult Scott and Jean are one of the least injured parties. People seem to be focused more on Storm and Tyke.

Besides, Jean's given Emma her comeuppance on more than one occasion.
    Yes, even as a Jean fan, she hasn't suffered nearly as much as Storm, Tyke, Wiccan, and Speed have.

Yes, even as a Jean fan, she hasn't suffered nearly as much as Storm, Tyke, Wiccan, and Speed have.
    Wiccan and Speed? Explain

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They were really friendly at the end of Claremonts X-Treme crossover and Fractions Pre-Dark Reign arc.
    Ororo should have never been friends or even cordial with her after all she has done. that's the point of this discussion and my initial question.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The way that people seem to hand-waive Ororo's rape (twice by Emma) is really sickening to me. I'm not sure if this is sexism, racism, or both. Probably both. We can tell who they voted for last year and who they're probably going to vote for again.
    I'm just not going to even try and say all of it comes into play. it's sad but again I'm not surprised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wiccan and Speed? Explain
    Well in the thread, we've collected all her dark deeds and noticed a pattern. She's certainly proven to not be above sexual assault before, and we've also seen her come onto the underage Teenage Cyclops. On top of that, there's countless strikes against her for child abuse as well as child slaughter. Auntie Emma seems to be the persona she channels whenever she's going to take advantage of someone sexually, so it can't be a coincidence that she employs that persona when lulling Billy and Tommy towards her. The expressions they have on their faces seem to be proof enough. It's really frankly quite gross and why I could never support, let alone forgive, a serial rapist/sexual assaulter.
    Keep in mind that this is the first appearance of Auntie Emma. Tell me that isn't predatory.

BANNED

Ororo should have never been friends or even cordial with her after all she has done. that's the point of this discussion and my initial question.
    Completely agree. There was no reason for this at all that could possibly make any "friendship" or even tolerance acceptable. Even more reason why Claremont was one of the few who get Ororo (if not the whole X-Men) right.

I'm just not going to even try and say all of it comes into play. it's sad but again I'm not surprised.
    Neither am I anymore. No wonder the real world is like this if people are acting this way to fictional characters.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    what makes it not rape imo is Emma thought that was her body now. She thought Storm had died, and with her, the white queen's body. She was stuck in Storm's body and Shaw tells her something like "don't worry babe, you can still be a wonderful queen in that body, now give me a kiss"
    So if you break into someone's house, and while you're in there, you see your house is on fire on the news, does that allow you to claim the new house as your own?

The mental gymnastics you are willing to go to to justify Emma's actions are disturbing...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Completely agree. There was no reason for this at all that could possibly make any "friendship" or even tolerance acceptable. Even more reason why Claremont was one of the few who get Ororo (if not the whole X-Men) right.

Neither am I anymore. No wonder the real world is like this if people are acting this way to fictional characters.
    they react this way to real life people too...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    they react this way to real life people too...
    Exactly. It's such despicable behavior. Well, deplorable actually.

Keep in mind that this is the first appearance of Auntie Emma. Tell me that isn't predatory.
    dear good I wish I had move on and not read this...............

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    dear good I wish I had move on and not read this...............
    If it's making you rethink how you voted, then it was worth it.