Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who can survive The Grudge? (horror movie)

Grudge may just be my favorite horror movie of all time lol.

The unsuspecting people in this scenario have taken a bet to stay in the haunted house for 5 days total. They are unaware of its history and just assume it's a normal house until the apparition reveals itself.

Some ideas just for fun:

Batman
    Master Chief
    Stephen Strange

How would they do/react? :P

Who else could survive The Grudge? Who COULDN'T?
    https://youtu.be/YC3bzK_i9_s
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Dr Strange should do it no problem. Also the Real Ghost Busters.

Also Sadako would own her like a bitch. As she did that in Grudge came Ring.

Astonishing Member

Twilight Sparkle
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Mighty Member

I don't see how Batman is surviving this without some outside help. I have no knowledge of Master Chief. Strange should be fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Twilight Sparkle
    yeah, she could do it. although it would be funnier if it was Discord.

(is there a significant difference between the Japanese version and the American version... because I've never seen the US remake)

Samara Morgan.

Batman survives just fine. Every time he hears the ominous music that gives away that an attack is coming, he just dodges.

Dr. Strange wins this in a curbstomp.

Because of who was in it, I couldn't take it seriously. I'm not a fan of the unbeatable opponent anyway but I kept picturing Buffy being there and, every time the creature leaped out at her, she reacted so fast and knocked it into the middle of next week. Or Willow shows up and it is over.

Incidentally, the only reason I saw it was because the son of two friends of mine was on the special effects team.
    Power with Girl is better.

It'd be amusing to watch the Grudge girl attempt to get inside Chief's armor.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It'd be amusing to watch the Grudge girl attempt to get inside Chief's armor.
    Can't she just telport in no problem?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

bobobo.

end of thread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Can't she just telport in no problem?
    If she can teleport inside of a skintight suit that can operate in the vacuum of space, that also had an energy barrier around it?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

If she can teleport inside of a skintight suit that can operate in the vacuum of space, that also had an energy barrier around it?
    Well... she does have weird feats like pulling people inside a mirror. Or pulling them inside of and dissapearing them in a sweatshirt they are currently wearing lol. The sequel she did this

Tough to say actually. Either she crawls all over him in a gross unpleasant sort of way until she gets bored OR chief gets eaten by his own visor lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The unsuspecting people in this scenario have taken a bet to stay in the haunted house for 5 days total. They are unaware of its history and just assume it's a normal house until the apparition reveals itself.
    The MunchKING's got an Arsenal of HARM spells, and Holy weapons. I'm pretty sure The MunchKING can handle whatever's haunting this house.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well... she does have weird feats like pulling people inside a mirror. Or pulling them inside of and dissapearing them in a sweatshirt they are currently wearing lol. The sequel she did this

Tough to say actually. Either she crawls all over him in a gross unpleasant sort of way until she gets bored OR chief gets eaten by his own visor lol
    Well my only reason for thinking she can't, is the fact that it's shielded, and not sealed in a way that she shouldn't reasonably be able to get inside of. Might be able to mess with him via his helmet, but it's not really a mirror.

Arx Inosaan

She can port into a 13 yerolds hoody with no trouble so I don't think it's going to be a problem as for the FF I don't think it's going to hellp she's porting inside the armor not trow it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    She can port into a 13 yerolds hoody with no trouble so I don't think it's going to be a problem as for the FF I don't think it's going to hellp she's porting inside the armor not trow it.
    If it's something that's completely airtight, and not at all like a hood, it might take some doing to get inside of. Is my thing.

Arx Inosaan