Mighty Member

Default George Lucas' input on things

I was Wondering How much imput does Lucas have on the New movies and comics.I know 1 to 6 is his. and 7 and 8 is by different people but how much of the comics used his direcion like did the Writers talked to him about his vision of Star Wars.Im a big Star Wars fan and love continary so whats his and whats not his

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I was Wondering How much imput does Lucas have on the New movies and comics.I know 1 to 6 is his. and 7 and 8 is by different people but how much of the comics used his direcion like did the Writers talked to him about his vision of Star Wars.Im a big Star Wars fan and love continary so whats his and whats not his
    Not even a tiny little bit.

He sold it for a gazillion megabucks and it's out of his hands.

He did give Disney some advice on what to do with the property and he's a bit miffed that they have completely and utterly ignored it.

Do you think we will ever find out what his outlines were for 7 (8 & 9 if he did them)?
    I'd be curious to know.

Mighty Member

What about the comics?Does the writers consult him about it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What about the comics?Does the writers consult him about it
    No. Nothing. Nada. George Lucas is completely done with Stars Wars, and Star Wars is more than completely done with him.

It is totally an awesome time to be a star Wars fan.

Why on earth would any Star Wars writer in his right mind consult Lucas? didyou not see what a complete boondoggle he made of the franchise?

He's offered a few opinions on the new films, but that's about it. He seemed not too fond with TFA but reportedly told Gareth Edwards that he enjoyed Rogue One.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

He had a hand in a few things.
    TCW television show had a lot of input from George Lucas during its run in regards to story and character design. His direct involvement in that (and the movie) is also what led to it being canon during the Disney purge.

While he doesn't have much of a say in regards to how the films shake out, he did influence the character design of one of the modern Stormtroopers. In Rogue One, the tank commander was simply going to be a Stormtrooper. George Lucas's suggestion to make it a bit more unique was taken up by Gareth Edwards, and they made it at the last minute. No one really has any idea why Lucas liked the design so much or why the production did it, but they did.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    He had a hand in a few things.
    TCW television show had a lot of input from George Lucas during its run in regards to story and character design. His direct involvement in that (and the movie) is also what led to it being canon during the Disney purge.
    I do wonder if Lucas woke up one day, looked into the mirror, and said "You know, maybe they're right and I really am not a good writer. Maybe I should just come up with a bunch of ideas and then hire good writers to turn them into... we'll see about that when we get to that point. Hmmm. The kids like Scrappy Doo, right?"

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I do wonder if Lucas woke up one day, looked into the mirror, and said "You know, maybe they're right and I really am not a good writer. Maybe I should just come up with a bunch of ideas and then hire good writers to turn them into... we'll see about that when we get to that point. Hmmm. The kids like Scrappy Doo, right?"
    That's actually just production. The way Lucas was involved is not unlike most television/movie productions where multiple writers and artists are involved. This kind of production was also not new to Star Wars either as these things are almost never headed by just one person. What you see in all six episodes (and TV shows) up to the 2014 purge is a collaborative effort among multiple artists and writers under Lucas's guidance.

TV shows also have to air things in quick succession and don't have time to have it all written by one person, of course this was going to have multiple writers per-episode.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.