Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Osira

I wonder could we actually turn her into an Egyptian god who was exiled? Who would she be as a God?

I’m not sure what’s salvageable about the character. She’s from the past and uses magic to reestablish her nostalgia. She’s like an Egyptian flavored Queen of Fables, with an Ancient Aliens origin to pepper the stew. Re-introducing her as a lost Egyptian God has merit, but that may as well be an all-new character.

Maybe an Egyptian demi-goddess who got buried, but was immortal? We see LOADS of Olympian offspring, but not those. I mean it was kinda their thing, the Pharaohs claimed to be demigods, what if some of them really were?

Maybe she could be the head priestess from Isis's court who was blessed by Isis to be a demi-goddess or her mother have been.

My idea is a combination of the Flash villain Abra-Kadabra and the X-Men villain Apoclaypse. An alien whos from a planet with an Egyptian theme and advance technology comes to Earth in her pyramid spaceship makes people believe that she is a god and they shall worship her in exchange that she shall lead them into an Utopia. Her background is that she destroyed her planet because this would make her the last of her kind which would make her "special" and the only one who knows how to work her planet's tech.

A second idea is the half-god daughter of the Egyptian God Serket (goddess of magic, scorpions, healing and venom) who was mummified because she transformed into giant scorpion and killed hundreds of people but was brought back to life by Circe, using the blood of a god, as an ally after finding no other Wonder Woman villain wanted to team up with her. The Circe part is bit unclear but Wonder Woman fighting a giant scorpion/sorceress seems cool.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    My idea is a combination of the Flash villain Abra-Kadabra and the X-Men villain Apoclaypse. An alien whos from a planet with an Egyptian theme and advance technology comes to Earth in her pyramid spaceship makes people believe that she is a god and they shall worship her in exchange that she shall lead them into an Utopia. Her background is that she destroyed her planet because this would make her the last of her kind which would make her "special" and the only one who knows how to work her planet's tech.
    I like this idea a lot! I was wondering how to differentiate Osira from Circe and this fits the bill nicely. I mean, they're both immortal women with magic powers, so that makes it hard for them to seem separate and unique.

This also opens the possibility of connections between Osira and the Hawks, of course. Obviously, Ancient Egypt lasted for a RIDICULOUSLY long time and it's possible that they occupied different times, but the option exists nonetheless.

I'd also love to see a conversation between Osira and Superman. "Wait a minute? You're the last surviving member of your race........ON PURPOSE?"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Sounds kinda like hawkgirl with the Egyptian stuff. Idk why

What should her powers be? I mean what if her family was the pharaoh's blessed family by the gods? That the family has powers embedded into their DNA and so Osira is closer to a God?

BANNED

I... have absolutely not even a clue who this is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osira

I wonder with the Banas now added, how does this affect Oscria? Maybe the Banas could be advanced with Egyptian design swith their tech.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-07-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Well, I definitely like the idea of her being a demi-god. The idea of connecting her to the Thanagarians is interesting. There are several things you could do with which would make interesting stories. Maybe she's the reason they couldn't leave Earth? I mean like, maybe she shot a few holes in their ship?

I wonder how could the Banas be with Osira? I mean they are in Egypt. Hey what if she was a baby of an Egyptian god and Thanagarian

I think it'd be a bit too awkward to explain her as a part Thanagarian... unless you gave her wings.

Maybe the Banas know she's a demi-goddess and try to get her to join them?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think it'd be a bit too awkward to explain her as a part Thanagarian... unless you gave her wings.

True. Okay, that makes sense. What would God be her parent? I wonder what would be her alien race be.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Unless her wings were cut off or were magically taken off by an enemy.