Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Maybe the alien species died due because of many didn’t have the right immune system for fighting diseases. That Osira was the answer of making a hybrid. She could survive earth and their planet. That even if she did have a baby that the baby would be 50/50 due to how strong their genes are. So she is the only one. She winds up meeting the Banas but how should she be an enemy to Diana? Maybe because Gateway was actually her species doing ? That Osira’s coffin was put on display and she opens due to gateway’s power

What I meant by "extinct" was her homeworld. They never explained why she left her homeworld did they? Was she forced out or did she leave to try finding a planet to conquer?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What I meant by "extinct" was her homeworld. They never explained why she left her homeworld did they? Was she forced out or did she leave to try finding a planet to conquer?
    That would make sense. That she left because of her homeworld was destroyed or she caused the destruction of her planet.

Maybe she was forced out and she found earth. She brought advance tech and allied herself with the Banas. It wasn’t until she was forced into tomb due by others Egypt. The Banas do want to find her due to herbpowers amd abilities.

I think what she needs most is a proper origin story. "Extraterrestrial trapped in a tomb for millennia" is a decent story premise, but it's only part of the story. The part after she gets to Earth is the easy part. Let's use Superman as an example of this.

What planet is he from? Krypton.

Why did he leave? It was doomed to explode.

Where is the planet now? Exploded.

Those are a few fundamental questions that I think need answered about her if she's ever used again. The first is most important. The other two are directly related to it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think what she needs most is a proper origin story. "Extraterrestrial trapped in a tomb for millennia" is a decent story premise, but it's only part of the story. The part after she gets to Earth is the easy part. Let's use Superman as an example of this.

What planet is he from? Krypton.

Why did he leave? It was doomed to explode.

Where is the planet now? Exploded.

Those are a few fundamental questions that I think need answered about her if she's ever used again. The first is most important. The other two are directly related to it.
    1. We would need to find a interesting name for her planet.

2.Maybe she was exiled from her planet and she hijacked the ship and landed on Earth. She was working with Eviless to overthrow her planet

3.Under control by Eviless and her intergalactic gangs

Given that she came to Earth millennia ago, I was actually pondering having her be a Rannian. They're a highly technologically advanced race and have been so for a long time. Also they look like humans. They're interesting because they're NOT a "planet of hats" race. From the start it's clear that the members of this race only work together if they have to. The entire reason Adam Strange became the hero of Rann was because their civilization had lapsed into a period of increasingly violent wars between Rannian factions. So maybe have her as a Rannian who left Rann to find a place she could make her own kingdom apart from the rest of her race?

That’s funny. I’m racking my brain trying to get her from Thanagar, or a Hawkworld faction colony. And that she comes to earth to enslave its men. She’s repelled by timetravelling heroes, and uses a stasis pod from her Stargate-like pyramid ship to survive.

Interesting how long should she active before being forced into a pyramid . Should she be able to be accepted into divination? Or marry a god? We really don't have too much powers for her.

I don't know if I can answer what you're asking. It's WAY too big, cause it's a retcon of 7000 years, rewrites the Hawkpeople, and changes the entire culture of Thanagar into an ugly scifi extrapolation of toxic masculinity that enslaves MEN of their own and other worlds.

That LAST point is something that pulls Wonder Woman's themes into a cosmic, interstellar conflict that flips the script on Earth's Patriarchal culture, and requires incremental, diplomatic, societal change.

It also creates a slave trade led by alien villainesses like the clumsily named Saturna and Eviless, and specifically Osira, whose name and appearance utilizes ancient Egyptian cues, like Hawkworld.

Marvel has Kree, Skrull, Shi'Ar, Brood, Phalanx, Celestials, all wildly different and none of them are benevolent or innocuous neighbors like the Green Lanterns seem to monitor.

That is how Eviless worked. She was a Slave trader. So maybe Osira wanted more diversity in the slaves that were traded. Her planet is under her control. She winds up on Earth due to wanting to expand the slave trade. Well if all already created alien races are out. I mean we could name the planet similar to Egyptian names. I mean how powerful should Osira?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-02-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That is how Eviless worked. She was a Slave trader. So maybe Osira wanted more diversity in the slaves that were traded. Her planet is under her control. She winds up on Earth due to wanting to expand the slave trade. Well if all already created alien races are out. I mean we could name the planet similar to Egyptian names. I mean how powerful should Osira?
    Okay right. I'm suggesting that Thanagar become an interstellar empire reliant on slave trade for expansion and war. Osira and Eviless are both parts of the exploitative slave trade industry, but under different business leadership... Plus, Osira is thousands of years older than the others.

Okay, so to summarize where I'm at:

Earth humans can sometimes have a genetic mutation within them that allows their brains to access the fifth dimension/bleedspace/etc. It's hard to describe exactly, but it manifests differently in different people, at different strengths, and for different durations. It's not a mutation in the X-Men sense of the term, and what they do is SOMETHING like reality-warping Phoenix-level White Hot Room shenanigans, but telepathy and telekinesis aren't prerequisites or results. In any case, this mutation occurred randomly in two people, at the same time and place in Ancient Egypt. These were Chay-Ara and Khufu Maat Kha-Tar.

Wracked by similar nightmares and surrounded by weird happenings, they were brought together by the Pharoah's Vizier Nabu. Upon meeting, they fell madly in love. Under Nabu's eye, the two learned the magic of the Homo Magi, and together created a shared horcrux that would never allow their spirits to dissolve but to be reborn in order to spend eternity together. The enormity of their combined power brought them to the attention of other Homo Magi sorcerers who sought to destroy them before they destroyed the world.

In order to escape, Nabu informed them of lands far to the west that they could escape and create a "New Egypt". Nabu meant the continents of America, but Khufu and Chay-Ara's massive power created a stargate that reached through galactic space to an entirely different planet world. The stargate expanded and imploded, transferring an entire village of Ancient Egyptians, Khufu and Chay-Ara to this strange new world. They named this land Thanagar, enslaved the indigenous inhabitants as they'd done in Egypt --and with the couple's abilities to open gates through spacetime, began mining and refining ectoplasmic material found in bleedspace: Nth Metal.

Eventually, the King and Queen of Thanagar died of old age, but were reborn on the planet of their birth... over and over again. But their ability to breach spacetime was lost to them, as these new bodies didn't have the mutation.

On Thanagar though, the empire they started to escape Earth's threats grew like a cancer in their corner of the universe. With Nth Metal and an enslaved workforce, the Thanagarian Humans leapfrogged into space travel, under myths and legends that their original home was far, far away. Their leadership of Priestesses created a strict matriarchal rule that exploited the strength and expendability of males, engendering a hyper-aggressive, competitive culture that absorbed and brutalized every world they encountered. Among these Thanagarian Priestesses was the woman called Osira.

Using stolen Rannian Zeta Beam advanced technology, Osira heeded the legends of her people, and sought to find their original homeworld. On Earth, she might find and enslave men and women who were able to breach space. She arrived on Earth during the height of the Roman Empire, and was defeated by timetravelling superheroes. She retreated from the battle by faking her death and hiding in a stasis pod.

Eventually the lovers who created Thanagar found themselves in the bodies of Carter Hall and Shiera Sanders, college sweethearts who found they shared dreams of past lives, and sought to uncover them as archaeologists. Their dreams led them to Egypt, where Osira's ship was hidden deep in the ruins. Excavations disturbed Osira's stasis sleep, and she awoke to discover millenia had passed, and her ship had been ransacked. Carter and Shiera had stolen her ships' flightsuits and weaponry.

In due time, Osira faced off against the Hawks as well as Wonder Woman, and always managed to retreat to her safely hidden stasis pod. The Thanagarian technology present on Earth eventually alerted the now contemporary and even MORE advanced Thanagarian empire of a planet far, far away with a very old signal. Unsure of the origin, Thanagarian High Command sent Sky Warrior Shayera Thal to investigate and report her findings. They also informed their most distant slaver, Ava Las, of the planet's whereabouts... as the signal was coming from an encrypted slave ship. Both women arrived on Earth in the new century, just as their first Queen Chay-Ara's soul was being reborn into a new body.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-02-2018 at 12:59 PM.

How can one repurpose a villain based on the concept of 'Pyramid power' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power
    Honestly with Osira I find the whole 'Alien from another planet of another galaxy of another universe where they became an advanced civilization by unlocking the power of pyramids to create great starships for exploring the universes' to be really interesting, though her character design is kinda dull

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    How can one repurpose a villain based on the concept of 'Pyramid power' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power
    Honestly with Osira I find the whole 'Alien from another planet of another galaxy of another universe where they became an advanced civilization by unlocking the power of pyramids to create great starships for exploring the universes' to be really interesting, though her character design is kinda dull
    I'm with you on the extraterrestrial aspect of Osira's origins and the pyramid technology. I might redesign her character to look near-human instead of like a Daxamite or Kryptonian. Wherever her pyramid ship is located (maybe by Barbara Minerva on one of her good days... haha...) and unearthed, Osira is discovered as having being trapped in stasis by a team of heroes from antiquity after trying to rule the planet. (I'd love a Time's Past storyline revealing this.) She could be the last of her kind, as when the ship crashed on Earth all the stasis pods of her people (high-tech sarcophagi-like pods) were damaged. She's looking to reestablish her species using the species of Earth as a genetic starting point.

I might portray her powers as more technologically in nature, but also give her some psi powers and make her species incredibly durable and strong.

Heh, maybe have Osira dress ina way that looks like those weird outfits the Pharaohs wore, but have it so that it's not just a costume?